Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 May 2010, 08:39 (Ref:2698392)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC Brands hatch 5th / 6th June

A brilliant weekends racing in store especially as the Boss Fords and Classic Thunder races are now split. All CTCRC championships will be out including the Pre 66 Classics, Pre 74 Post Historics, Pre 83 Group 1's (which I have opted to race in this time) Pre 93 Touring Cars and the afore mentioned Classic Thunder and Boss Races.

See you there!
Old 26 May 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2698394)   #2
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to this event, should be able to make both days, shall have to pop along and say hello in person Al

Simon
Old 26 May 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2698444)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Nice one see you there. Just need the weather and i can guarantee some good sport!
Old 26 May 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2698595)   #4
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It can't be worse than Silverstone.

Having said that the last 2 races I've done at Brands where both hour long races in torrential rain, I seem to remember someone sailing off at Dingle Dell on the green flag lap!
Old 30 May 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2700797)   #5
andy robinson
Racer

United Kingdom
cramlington, northumberland
andy robinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
It can't be worse than Silverstone.
I agree
pleanty of @ brands hopefully
Old 2 Jun 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2703502)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I might pop in for a short while on Saturday before I hop on the aeroplane to top up my tan
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Jun 2010, 05:52 (Ref:2703609)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Come over and say hello Gordon it would be nice to meet you. BTW look at the forecast and save your airfare!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:01 (Ref:2703611)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
great sales pitch Al
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:04 (Ref:2703614)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
ha ha thanks Zef, see you there as well I hope!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2703615)   #10
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
we're heading up tomorrow afternoon, I can't rush breakfast on a Saturday you know

Arthur is insisting on going camping/racing as soon as possible and as he's on half term this week productivity hasn't exactly been at an all time high . . . the weathers good, so lets go!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:09 (Ref:2703617)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
See ya there, I have decided to just do the two Group 1 races on the Sunday (qually Saturday) as I worked out with fuel and fees I would be looking at £150 and a lot more effort to do the PHTC race as well so gave it a miss as maybe a bridge too far for both man (me) and machine.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:53 (Ref:2703632)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It would be nice to save the airfare, but have you ever tried to get money back out of an airline !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Jun 2010, 07:04 (Ref:2703642)   #13
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
easier to get a race entry refund
Old 3 Jun 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2703699)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yeah but he is probably only flying by Cheapo Airlines Ltd and will only loose a tenner!
Old 3 Jun 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2703724)   #15
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Have you not seen his purple Flying machine?

what do you think he's been doing while he's not racing the Anglia?

bet you've never seen a 2 seater plane with twin crossflow screamers before
Old 3 Jun 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2703801)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
yeah a bit like that wacky car/plane thing James May tested only quicker.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2703811)   #17
SPECTATORSAL
Racer

United Kingdom
Colchester, Essex
SPECTATORSAL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where can we view the entry list? Ta! Sal
Old 3 Jun 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2703841)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Sal I dont even have one and I have entered! They (BARC) dont seem to send them out anymore although when they do they are not really representive so i can understand why they dont. Reast assured though it should be good entries across the board.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 16:30 (Ref:2703927)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I think the BARC need to buck their ideas up, we get sod all in the post with tickets, how are you to expect any spectators at all if there's nothing to advertise or shout about?
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2703951)   #20
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I think the BARC need to buck their ideas up, we get sod all in the post with tickets, how are you to expect any spectators at all if there's nothing to advertise or shout about?
Definitely

Programmes are usually appalling too. They also don't usually bother paying the extra £x for a snatch vehicle at brands so live snatches don't happen and safety cars end up being longer. BARC are probably the least spectator friendly club of all... Oh, except they run the BTCC (although not the promotional side of things)!!

Expecting fairly good grids all round except the chevron thing, should be a great meeting as it has all the CTCRC championships.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2703958)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
without an entry list you can;t even tell your friend theres going to be a good grid for your own race . . . .
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:44 (Ref:2704050)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I've entered the Smart car
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:52 (Ref:2704061)   #23
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
It should be reliable enough to finish . . . if it doesn't roll!

Last edited by zefarelly; 3 Jun 2010 at 19:15.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2704127)   #24
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend View Post
Expecting fairly good grids all round except the chevron thing,

yeah the chevron organisers are expecting "about 10" cars for the 40min (I think) enduro!

Should be a good weekend overall though, and weather for saturday at least is looking good.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2704133)   #25
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
What about Sunday then thats when I am racing!! For me dry practice/qually wet race is a nightmare scenario. Just checked I really dont believe it, I may switch races tomorrow if I can and race on the Saturday as wet races are no good to me at all I may as well go home as the car is simply a pig in the wet and frankly dangerous.