Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 26 Jan 2021, 00:07 (Ref:4031197)   #701
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
-25c here this morning and no trouble starting up my VW!

all driven in winnipeg where it routinely ranges from +40c in the summer to -40C in the winter and never had any problems!
Excuse me Sir...you misspelt Winterpeg
Old 26 Jan 2021, 01:10 (Ref:4031199)   #702
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Excuse me Sir...you misspelt Winterpeg
haha i take it you have heard of us before.
Old 26 Jan 2021, 03:32 (Ref:4031215)   #703
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I own a 2012 BMW X5, I got it as a graduation gift back in 2016. This car has undergone mods for the last couple of years. I am planning to keep it longer since I am still saving for my dream truck.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 BMW X5.jpg  
Old 28 Jan 2021, 07:20 (Ref:4031618)   #704
Kato
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Kato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 Range Rover Sport. Very British/Indian and very nice to drive. Want to go somewhere dodgy it will take you there. Then you become a rabid crazed believer as you pray it will get you home.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 02:52 (Ref:4035043)   #705
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
7 year update, I turned a 100k miles this week and still all smiles. Just put a new set of polished factory 5 spokes on. Still looks good.

She turned 10 years old a couple of weeks ago and I just rolled over 140k miles last Thursday. I'd take a picture but it's absolutely filthy atm. I upgraded the suspension with Bilstein and Moog parts in 2019. It runs as good as the day I picked it up. Trusty thing.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 04:18 (Ref:4035046)   #706
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely it’s meant to be filthy I’ve still not driven a proper truck since I’ve been here.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 03:54 (Ref:4035163)   #707
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not a cool filthy at the moment, just winter road grime. While I'm in construction and do use my truck, I'm also OCD and a detailing enthusiast.

We can fix that if you're ever down here! And when you travel again, most rental car agencies will rent you a truck for the same price as an economy car because many don't want to pay the fuel expense. It's how I'm always able to sample the latest offering, albeit stripped down models.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4035227)   #708
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully you can find the time to clean it. Show us it when it's nice and shiny, if you can get that far. Anyway it's nice you're willing to help, not everyone has the time to do their own car.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4035268)   #709
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW 420i. 19 plate. Mrs has a Sangsongpongyong or whatever they are called.

A fleet of Toyota Hilux's back home in Rhodie, that's if they haven't been torched.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 21:34 (Ref:4074517)   #710
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just acquired a 2021 Mazda3. I upgraded from a 2012 Mazda 3, and that is a world of difference. In the US, there is only one trim level available with a manual, so that is what I got. Such a step up in terms of technology and interior finishes. The red leather works very nice, and hopefully will survive the kids better than my previous cloth seats.

On the driving front, the clutch is completely different, and the peddle positions are too. The accelerator is floor mounted, which is different than previous. The car is much quieter, and has a lot more power on tap. it isn't overly fast, but definitely an upgrade for me. Still haven't really had a chance to drive it hard, but the break in period suggests avoiding hard driving for the first 1000km or so.

Also want to mention that the dealership gave me more money for my old one than I expected, and the 0% financing from Mazda was nice as well. This was the first time in 3 or 4 years that the local dealership has had a manual in anything other than the Miata. They didn't know how they ended up with it, but speculated that it got diverted to here because of Hurricane Ida and so many people now in need of cars.

Last edited by joeb; 18 Sep 2021 at 21:39.
Old 19 Sep 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4074623)   #711
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a 2018 sedan and yes...it's a bit noisy. Especially when our roads roads are quite abrasive compared to their smoother Central and Southern European counterparts.

Maybe a different set of tires would help, it came with generic "Toyo Tires".
Old 19 Sep 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4074657)   #712
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks smart. And a manual. Keep the religion going

Yes, huge shortage of cars at the moment. New and as a consequence used.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 12:26 (Ref:4074800)   #713
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
I have a 2018 sedan and yes...it's a bit noisy. Especially when our roads roads are quite abrasive compared to their smoother Central and Southern European counterparts.

Maybe a different set of tires would help, it came with generic "Toyo Tires".
My old car was loud, and the new one also came with Toyo Proxies. I don't know anything about them, but the car has way more lateral grip than the old one. I can tell by the highway entrance/exit ramps i normally use. With the old car I could understeer and slide on demand, but haven't reached that limit with this car yet! The old car I could also spin the tires and get the traction control to intervene with excessive throttle, but it was so predictable it was fun.
Old 1 Oct 2021, 04:20 (Ref:4076472)   #714
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The old car I could also spin the tires and get the traction control to intervene with excessive throttle, but it was so predictable it was fun.
I could do that with my old Civic Type R. With both front wheels as it had a diff lock (the 1.6 version did that usually on passenger's side only).

Last edited by BudLightJaguar; 1 Oct 2021 at 04:26.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 12:33 (Ref:4077183)   #715
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
I could do that with my old Civic Type R. With both front wheels as it had a diff lock (the 1.6 version did that usually on passenger's side only).
We had a heavily customised Civic Type R at Donington as a safety car a few years ago, provided by one of the sponsors of the VTEC Challenge series.

When I say "customised", I mean it had a 450bhp engine. It was *obscene*. The driveshaft tramp across the front when hitting the top of the power curve was something to behold, it was like holding on to a bucking bronco

At that point it was the most preposterous car I'd ever been in.
Old 6 Oct 2021, 13:36 (Ref:4077195)   #716
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You do wonder how they choose the safety car, apart from commercial reasons. Some can be underpowered, some have too much power for the car, like that Civic you mention. I guess it's something you want to forget eh Greem?
Old 6 Oct 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4077208)   #717
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nah, I loved it. Like I said, it was preposterous!

Not quite as good as the McLaren 720s I got to tool around in for British GT for a while though. That was just a monster. Hitting 170mph along Hangar Straight is something I'll probably never experience again, or flying over the top of Raidillon and firing down Kemmel. Awesome.

The way they're chosen varies - at club level it can be the car the circuit owns (MSV have BMW 2 Series safety cars at each circuit), or a hire car, or a sponsor - BRSCC have a Jaguar XF Sportbrake from runyourfleet, for example - and sometimes each series provides their own.

I've had days having to switch from a McLaren to a BMW to a Mini, and days where it's been far more prosaic, sitting in a Vauxhall Astra all day!
Old 12 Sep 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4125882)   #718
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My daily driver is nothing special. It's a 2001 GMC Savana 3500 van with an 8.1L engine. I do have a 1970 Datson 240Z and a 1972 240Z converted to a turbo. Also have a pair of white with red interior 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT's as his and hers cars. Mine is a 5-speed and hers is an automatic.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 19:58 (Ref:4125888)   #719
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I just got repaired my 20-year-old Trek bike.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 20:20 (Ref:4125891)   #720
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Up until recently - a Ranger Rover Sport Supercharged.
A change in commuting requirements has necessitated a switch to an E-Class.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 21:03 (Ref:4125895)   #721
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
My daily driver is nothing special. It's a 2001 GMC Savana 3500 van with an 8.1L engine. I do have a 1970 Datson 240Z and a 1972 240Z converted to a turbo. Also have a pair of white with red interior 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT's as his and hers cars. Mine is a 5-speed and hers is an automatic.
Damn, sounds like you have a nice Z collection!

Also, please tell me your van is either a panel van with no seats in the back or the complete opposite and it is a conversion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I just got repaired my 20-year-old Trek bike.
That is the best response so far!
Old 12 Sep 2022, 23:27 (Ref:4125906)   #722
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
My Trek bike is only 16 years old. My kid just got one 16 days ago!
Old 3 Jan 2023, 08:38 (Ref:4138786)   #723
Firehawk505
Rookie

United States
west coast of the USA
Firehawk505 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing, but I trained on an '85 Olds Cutlass. I use public transit.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 15:23 (Ref:4147436)   #724
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
2022 Mazda CX-50. Well technically it is a loaner from the dealership because a rodent decided to try and kill me by chewing through gas lines, wires, and making a nest in the engine.

It is a top off the line model and very nice inside.
Old 17 Mar 2023, 15:53 (Ref:4147443)   #725
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is it save to assume that there are no forward facing speed cameras or road covering CCTV in the States as we have in the UK? I ask as most of your cars do not have front registration plates.

In addition, in the UK many car parks have number recognising cameras at the barriers and will only activate the barrier if the parking ticket for a particular car, as taken on entry, has been paid. Again, requiring forward facing cameras on entry and exit.

Out of interest, Joe, is the rodent damage covered by insurance?