Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4094020)   #476
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Why?
Family links.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 17:53 (Ref:4094021)   #477
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Not convinced that's the main problem.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 21:52 (Ref:4094046)   #478
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You need convincing?
Old 16 Jan 2022, 22:31 (Ref:4094053)   #479
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
You need convincing?
Correlation does not equate to causation.
Old 17 Jan 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4094106)   #480
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It absolutely is.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 03:00 (Ref:4094499)   #481
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
The Race, singing Mike Krack the new Aston Team boss' praises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkCQR1A63I
Old 20 Jan 2022, 03:31 (Ref:4094508)   #482
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The Race, singing Mike Krack the new Aston Team boss' praises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkCQR1A63I
I know it's a bit off topic but I really like The Race's bring back V10s podcast
Old 22 Jan 2022, 11:48 (Ref:4094855)   #483
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I know it's a bit off topic but I really like The Race's bring back V10s podcast
I think we would both like them going back to V10s even more!
Old 1 Feb 2022, 22:08 (Ref:4097024)   #484
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Recently rumours popped up in a number of places that Aston would have a launch / show car but not actual race car(s) ready for the first Barcelona test.

The team came out and denied the rumours so not sure where the truth lies (we'll only know once testing starts I guess).

Either way there's been a lot of change at Aston so there may well be some settling in of new staff, processes etc.

If it turns out that they in fact aren't ready to test with the others, I wonder if they'll cop the same vitriol and pile-on that Williams copped in the same situation.
Old 1 Feb 2022, 22:42 (Ref:4097029)   #485
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is far from ideal. Especially with the new regs.
Old 1 Feb 2022, 22:58 (Ref:4097034)   #486
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That is far from ideal. Especially with the new regs.
Yeah - they could be in more poo than the ducks at the local sewage pond!
Old 2 Feb 2022, 00:11 (Ref:4097042)   #487
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Recently rumours popped up in a number of places that Aston would have a launch / show car but not actual race car(s) ready for the first Barcelona test.

The team came out and denied the rumours so not sure where the truth lies (we'll only know once testing starts I guess).

Either way there's been a lot of change at Aston so there may well be some settling in of new staff, processes etc.

If it turns out that they in fact aren't ready to test with the others, I wonder if they'll cop the same vitriol and pile-on that Williams copped in the same situation.
That original article had absolutely nothing of substance in it. Literally anyone with a keyboard and a basic command of the English language can type out something like that. I really lament how far media has descended.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4102866)   #488
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Sky Sports reporting that Vettel is out of the 1st GP with Covid, and Hulkenburg will stand in.

Covid - the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4102867)   #489
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Being reported on BBC now too.

Bahrain Grand Prix: Sebastian Vettel ruled out after positive Covid-19 test

'The Aston Martin driver will be replaced in the race by Nico Hulkenberg.'
Old 17 Mar 2022, 12:42 (Ref:4102885)   #490
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hope this is not prelude to more drivers and team members testing positive.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 13:13 (Ref:4102895)   #491
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Hope this is not prelude to more drivers and team members testing positive.
It sounds like the potential is there.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...-test/9070541/

Quotes from the article:

Quote:
Prior to being taken unwell, the Australian had mixed with drivers ahead of the event for a Grand Prix Drivers’ Association (GPDA) photoshoot on the Bahrain grid to show their solidarity with Ukraine following the Russian invasion.
Group photo to show solidarity might end up being a Covid event? Blame the Russians!

Quote:
F1 has relaxed its COVID protocols for this year, with its previously strict regime of regular mandatory PCR testing having been wound back.

Now, PCR tests are only recommended, and F1 has moved away from the strict bubble system that was in place throughout much of the 2020 and 2021 campaigns.
Seriously, I hope this does not derail the start to the season. I wish Vettel a speedy recovery.

Richard
Old 17 Mar 2022, 14:16 (Ref:4102907)   #492
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
protocols certainly looked relaxed during the bit of testing i was able to see.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4102908)   #493
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
protocols are in line with other motorsport paddocks globally now, to be fair.

i know they have to work to local regulations when it comes to positive pcr tests and isolation, but there's a degree of common sense at play here isn't there. you can't have relaxed anti-viral measures and then a draconian penalty if you catch it. i think team principle-drivers should have an agreement about how that rolls by now.
Old 17 Mar 2022, 22:37 (Ref:4102998)   #494
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Feel for Vettee - lousy timing to miss the first race due to a positive test - bet he's feeling anything but positive about it.

In the meantime, Mr Szafnauer having a minor shot at his old team, suggesting that it has more than one Pope. Not surprised as clearly he's going to be asked about it (especially given all the denials at the end of last year) but it feels kinda weird to be essentially praising Mallya in comparison to Stroll - not than I'm a fan or know either of them.
Old 14 Apr 2022, 13:01 (Ref:4106830)   #495
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it would seem even the Aston safety car is off the pace! Vestappen was moaning about its speed and it would seem its 5 seconds off the Merc safety car pace!!! I would have thought GT3 mechanicals underneath a standard body wouldn't be too hard
Old 14 Apr 2022, 13:31 (Ref:4106833)   #496
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paint it pink, maybe it will go faster??
Old 14 Apr 2022, 13:47 (Ref:4106838)   #497
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Paint it pink, maybe it will go faster??
Then it would be a Mercedes!
Old 15 Apr 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4106946)   #498
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Problem solved
Old 18 Apr 2022, 07:52 (Ref:4107120)   #499
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Arent the pink cars Alpines this year?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Apr 2022, 09:36 (Ref:4107124)   #500
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes and the livery really suits the Alpines, especially with the blue