Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Jan 2022, 10:50 (Ref:4095379)   #76
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who misses out in a GRM drive?

If they want to run 4 Peugeot’s and two Renault’s, then that means the Bargwanna’s, Cameron, O’Keefe, Moffat, Cox and Caruso are presumably in play and one will miss out?
Old 27 Jan 2022, 07:45 (Ref:4095475)   #77
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like the ARG suite are all off to channel 9 and stan this year!

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/arg-cate..._ghiOb23uEKIPI
Old 27 Jan 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4095492)   #78
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If they want to run 4 Peugeot’s and two Renault’s, then that means the Bargwanna’s, Cameron, O’Keefe, Moffat, Cox and Caruso are presumably in play and one will miss out?
Cameron confirmed at GRM in a Peugeot. You'd have to think both Bargs will stay because they are funding. Moffat I am not fussed over but Cox and O'Keefe are both genuine talents who should be on the grid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
I'm not sad because the 7plus app was an unreliable POS, showing more ads than racing.

But if TCR is behind a Stan paywall who is going to pay for it?
Old 27 Jan 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4095494)   #79
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Cameron confirmed at GRM in a Peugeot. You'd have to think both Bargs will stay because they are funding. Moffat I am not fussed over but Cox and O'Keefe are both genuine talents who should be on the grid!

I'm not sad because the 7plus app was an unreliable POS, showing more ads than racing.

STAN also has IndyCar, WRC, Formula E and WEC.
Old 27 Jan 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4095501)   #80
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

IF you already have stan (which has a lot of good stuff so worthwhile for $14) its $10 extra and has rugby and other forms of motor and other sports no ads. If you got it from feb to november its $100... with free trial and signing up at right time get it down to 90

Whats a day at the track cost.. .entry, petrol, food n drink, especially if its a group or family?
Im in!
Old 27 Jan 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4095503)   #81
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
IF you already have stan (which has a lot of good stuff so worthwhile for $14) its $10 extra and has rugby and other forms of motor and other sports no ads. If you got it from feb to november its $100... with free trial and signing up at right time get it down to 90
Too many streaming services already, Stan's not making the cut. Laughably Formula E is probably the most interesting property Stan has.

Like Optus Sport. Just a black hole now. TCR isn't going to make me take on an extra service like Supercars does. I think where TCR is at they need to meet the market.
Old 27 Jan 2022, 10:50 (Ref:4095505)   #82
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

https://www.v8sleuth.com.au/arg-cate..._ghiOb23uEKIPI
Wasn’t one of the big selling points for all the ARG categories the extensive live free to air coverage?Now it appears that is going to Stan Sport which has about 20% of the subscriber numbers of the Foxtel/Kayo sport packages.
Depending on what the 9 highlights package is TCR/ARG might join Indycar in the one less category to watch club.
Old 27 Jan 2022, 10:55 (Ref:4095507)   #83
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got Stan when I saw they have to WRC, WEC and Indycars, so if they pick up the ARG events that’s a bonus for me. Foxtel to me doesn’t have the value Motorsport wise these days that it used to a decade plus ago.

Having said that, I think it’s an odd move by ARG if the TCR and S5000 races are exclusive to Stan (even if it’s only some of the races only on Stan)
Old 27 Jan 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4095509)   #84
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally the only racing I would pay to watch on tv is F1 and Moto GP.If anything else doesn’t come with whatever package I am paying for to get those I have no problem in cancelling interest in Indycar,ARG etc.
Only exception is Le Mans where you can buy a 1 race streaming package.
Old 27 Jan 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4095511)   #85
Mixer
Veteran

These sports need to grow a brain and just sell a membership direct on YouTube or similar and be done with it, but as long as Foxtel, Stan and Optus shareholders are going to cough up money they will take it, ultimately to their own cost.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jan 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4095512)   #86
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How did a “non-news” site like V8 Sleuth get the drop on this (and now motorsport.com) ?
Old 27 Jan 2022, 20:56 (Ref:4095584)   #87
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
How did a “non-news” site like V8 Sleuth get the drop on this (and now motorsport.com) ?
PR people In a team?

Broader question might be why there was no broadcast deal in place at this late stage?

Its later than the deal that cost Dick Johnson the Hungry Jack's sponsorship. Dick is clearly a fisherman!

Old 27 Jan 2022, 23:12 (Ref:4095597)   #88
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
PR people In a team?

Broader question might be why there was no broadcast deal in place at this late stage?

Its later than the deal that cost Dick Johnson the Hungry Jack's sponsorship. Dick is clearly a fisherman!

A TV deal of sorts has probably been in place all along, I’d say either of two things happened;

A) the Stan deal was done long ago and they’ve waited to near the season start to announce it

B) the 2021-style deal with Ch7 (ie…buying their airtime) was in place but Stan has offered them a better deal at this late stage.

You’d hope they’d have had something in place though, as that doesn’t say a lot for the future of Supercars then….
Old 28 Jan 2022, 00:10 (Ref:4095603)   #89
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Nothing good is free, you pay for it. Subscription, entry fee, taxes or advertising (added to retail price)
The wages of all the people involved and profit of the company have to be met
Old 28 Jan 2022, 00:32 (Ref:4095606)   #90
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
You’d hope they’d have had something in place though, as that doesn’t say a lot for the future of Supercars then….
What has Supercars got to do with it, other than the fact that it is a big enough pull to make people subscribe to Kayo for it?
Old 28 Jan 2022, 05:45 (Ref:4095630)   #91
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
What has Supercars got to do with it
Everything, look at the ownership.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 07:10 (Ref:4095634)   #92
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You can't draw any comparison between the TCR TV deal and Supercars.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 08:18 (Ref:4095636)   #93
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
You can't draw any comparison between the TCR TV deal and Supercars.
You most certainly can when you look at the series ownerships
Old 28 Jan 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4095652)   #94
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beyond the series owners being the same, there is no comparison in TV agreements. Supercars have strong TV contracts for big dollars, that represent the large audience they command on both Fox and 7. The ratings for Bathurst showed the interest in Supercars, the average audience over 6+ hours across both platforms was great.

Its premature to be concerned about the TCR TV deal, Stan have purchased other motorsport categories, they likely have paid more than 7 were offering for TCR. May find 9 air the racing, maybe on Gem, providing FTA coverage.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 13:21 (Ref:4095672)   #95
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Beyond the series owners being the same, there is no comparison in TV agreements. Supercars have strong TV contracts for big dollars, that represent the large audience they command on both Fox and 7. The ratings for Bathurst showed the interest in Supercars, the average audience over 6+ hours across both platforms was great.
The current Supercars TV agreement wasn’t negotiated by the current owners.

The closest comparison we have to the current owners negotiating a TV deal is what happens with TCR this year, and what we have at the moment is a seemingly unconfirmed TV deal a fortnight out from the opener

Have the new owners announced the TV deal for the 12 hour yet?

I don’t understand why people keep trying to seperate what Supercars does now from the ARG categories? They are all as one and we should just refer to them all as RACE categories.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 21:26 (Ref:4095756)   #96
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I don’t understand why people keep trying to seperate what Supercars does now from the ARG categories? They are all as one and we should just refer to them all as RACE categories.
Probably because ARG doesn't own Supercars 100%, whereas it does hold the category management rights to TCR 100%.

You're right to raise the questions you're raising about how good (or not) ARG are at doing TV deals but ARG is only a shareholder in the new ownership structure at Supercars and so far as we've seen, isn't running Supercars day-to-day by itself.

The other shareholders in Supercars have some experience at doing TV deals and they also have the option of contacting a former shareholder, Mr Erskine to put TV deals together. I honestly don't think that we can extrapolate any expectations for Supercars TV deals from the deal done by ARG (or MAus) for TCR coverage.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 02:37 (Ref:4095792)   #97
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
GRM have run a test day:
Quote:
Ben Bargwanna, Jordan Cox, and Dylan O’Keeffe enjoyed their first laps behind the wheel of their cars for the year.
I guess Moffat and Caruso are waiting for the music to stop.

Caruso should have the speed but I also seem to remember conflict and drama with him and the team.

Quote:
Coverage of the series is set to be carried by streaming service Stan Sport, which has also secured local rights to IndyCar, the World Rally Championship, Formula E, and World Endurance Championship.
This also might be saying that the ONLY coverage is on Stan Sport? If true, I think this is commercial suicide.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 03:43 (Ref:4095795)   #98
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
clatification.

Quote:

Its premature to be concerned about the TCR TV deal, Stan have purchased other motorsport categories, they likely have paid more than 7 were offering for TCR. May find 9 air the racing, maybe on Gem, providing FTA coverage.
ARG own TCR, & are shareholders in RACE the owners of Supercars. Barclay Nettlefolds interests have no financial interest in ARG.

Of interest to me is James Warburtons interest in either group: anyone?

Last edited by cavvy; 29 Jan 2022 at 03:44. Reason: clarification in title
Old 30 Jan 2022, 02:47 (Ref:4096300)   #99
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
2 litre cars are coming back home to C9. All those years ago when super touring was shown 6:30 the following Saturday in 94, then after the F1 broadcast in 95.

It's interesting to note this from a business point of view (Which some of you seem to be most interested in). TCR goes from not existing, to paying for live coverage on SBS, to paying for live coverage on C7, and now is getting paid for it by C9? To me, it seems to me from a business perspective that the trajectory is going upwards?

I would anticipate the coverage being similar on C7 last year, with all day live coverage on 7plus, but limited live coverage on the channel.

Personally, I hope what gets screens on C9 is a slightly delayed coverage. There
s too many dead periods that need padding with the time necessary to conduct a race meeting.
Old 30 Jan 2022, 03:17 (Ref:4096314)   #100
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
ARG own TCR, & are shareholders in RACE the owners of Supercars. Barclay Nettlefolds interests have no financial interest in ARG.

Of interest to me is James Warburtons interest in either group: anyone?
Except that there was a story put out a month or so ago with documents saying that within the next year RACE take ownership of ARG.