Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jan 2022, 12:11 (Ref:4095518)   #1501
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
looks like another week without announcements
Yeah if there was going to be one the pre announcement of the announcement would have been made by now ?
Old 27 Jan 2022, 20:24 (Ref:4095580)   #1502
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
Not exactly fair, if ?? one team gets a head start on the new hybrid system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
You would say all teams get the hybrid system at the same moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
Unless you coordinate deliveries so they all have it same time

or have a rule that says that teams are not allowed to open the deliveries of the hybrid system and interact with it in any way until all team have received theirs

haven't Speedwork been running the Hybrid test Toyota so they have had a huge head start over everyone
Adam Morgan - Jan 22: "Everyone will have roughly the same amount experience [with the hybrid system] before we get to race one in terms of testing. No one will be able to go out and do tons and tons of testing"
Old 27 Jan 2022, 21:59 (Ref:4095592)   #1503
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Team Hard testing at Donington today. I think from the helmet it was Zak Taylor (ex British F4)
Old 28 Jan 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4095643)   #1504
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Team Hard testing at Donington today. I think from the helmet it was Zak Taylor (ex British F4)
Is that with the Cupras or something else from their collection?

I see HARD have also got another "mega day" at Brands Hatch next week where they're doing passenger rides in various BTCC cars (Infiniti, VW and Mercedes were mentioned).
Old 28 Jan 2022, 09:47 (Ref:4095644)   #1505
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow First Hybrid run?
Old 28 Jan 2022, 09:58 (Ref:4095645)   #1506
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do hope we get some announcements soon, seems to have gone a bit too quiet atm
Old 28 Jan 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4095658)   #1507
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I do hope we get some announcements soon, seems to have gone a bit too quiet atm
The teams are 'toying' with some of the posters in this thread.

When they read that people here are expecting things in a certain timeframe - or are desperate for news - they amend their release schedule to keep the rumour mill spinning up (and subsequently interest and excitement levels raising).
Old 28 Jan 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4095664)   #1508
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Wow First Hybrid run?

I wouldn't have thought so; it is probably last year's cars and even older ones.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 13:25 (Ref:4095674)   #1509
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Is that with the Cupras or something else from their collection?
Sorry, I should have said. In the Yazzoo (Goff?) Cupra. Only saw a couple of pics on FB from a spectator. One had the car stopped on track with bonnet up, with driver and a couple of marshals admiring the engine.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4095686)   #1510
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, I should have said. In the Yazzoo (Goff?) Cupra. Only saw a couple of pics on FB from a spectator. One had the car stopped on track with bonnet up, with driver and a couple of marshals admiring the engine.
So maybe was hybrid?
Old 28 Jan 2022, 14:27 (Ref:4095688)   #1511
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So maybe was hybrid?
Judging by TEAM Hards reliability history I certainly wouldn't see that as any clue to it running the Hybrid system.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4095724)   #1512
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turkington retweets BMW UK Motorsport tweets recently , IMO he is as good as confirmed
Old 28 Jan 2022, 17:25 (Ref:4095726)   #1513
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
One had the car stopped on track with bonnet up, with driver and a couple of marshals admiring the engine.
Consistency is key.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 17:42 (Ref:4095731)   #1514
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
So maybe was hybrid?
Confirm by a friend of mine getting a passenger lap it was NOT hybrid, it was exactly as it finished in 2021 bar stickers and a passenger seat. The team has no hybrid components yet at all yet, not due until March.
Old 28 Jan 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4095755)   #1515
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Confirm by a friend of mine getting a passenger lap it was NOT hybrid, it was exactly as it finished in 2021 bar stickers and a passenger seat. The team has no hybrid components yet at all yet, not due until March.
You could say they've got at least one component as the steering wheel has a hybrid button on it...
Old 28 Jan 2022, 22:26 (Ref:4095762)   #1516
porsche962fan
Veteran

Turkington confirmed , that clearly implies he will be back if there were any doubts

Quote:
“He asked if I’d like to do a race, and it’s a few weeks before we start the BTCC season and I thought, ‘Why not?’
https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...eries/7684006/
Old 28 Jan 2022, 22:27 (Ref:4095763)   #1517
porsche962fan
Veteran

added Turkinton as confirmed

14 drivers confirmed and 18 still unknown

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbotten

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Michael Crees ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington
BMW 330 - WSR - Sthephen Jelley ??
BMW 330 - WSR (Rokit) - Jake Hill

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan

BMW 330 - Ciceley - ????

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Chris Smiley ?
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Chilton ?
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel ??

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher ??
Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - ????

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Aron Taylor Smith

Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????
Cupra Leon - HARD - ?????

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Ricky Collard ???

Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - Jack Constable ???
Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????
Old 29 Jan 2022, 09:26 (Ref:4095809)   #1518
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great to see Colin giving the Super Tourers a try. Now that is something that is a series that should be on TV.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 10:04 (Ref:4095814)   #1519
porsche962fan
Veteran

it's actually in an old BTC-spec MG , not super tourer
Old 29 Jan 2022, 10:07 (Ref:4095815)   #1520
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Team Atomic Kitten livery?
Old 29 Jan 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4095817)   #1521
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Napa livery reveal next week
Old 29 Jan 2022, 10:59 (Ref:4095822)   #1522
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
it's actually in an old BTC-spec MG , not super tourer
Yes, but the series is called 'Super Tourers series.'

If you read Griff's post, he says giving Super Tourers a go, not driving a Super Tourer.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 10:59 (Ref:4095823)   #1523
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Napa livery reveal next week
All the 2's
Old 29 Jan 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4095838)   #1524
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jelley congratulating his 'new team mate' Hill on Twitter, so no surprises for WSR's lineup.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 13:42 (Ref:4095840)   #1525
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Jelley congratulating his 'new team mate' Hill on Twitter, so no surprises for WSR's lineup.
might as well confirm him too

15 drivers confirmed and 17 still unknown

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Gordon Shedden
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Dan Rowbotten

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Josh Cook ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Jade Edwards ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Michael Crees ??
Honda Civic - BTC Racing - Senna Proctor ??

BMW 330 - WSR - Colin Turkington
BMW 330 - WSR - Sthephen Jelley
BMW 330 - WSR (Rokit) - Jake Hill

BMW 330 - Ciceley - Adam Morgan

BMW 330 - Ciceley - ????

Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Ingram
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Chris Smiley ?
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Tom Chilton ?
Hyundai I30 - EXCELR8 Motorsport - Jack Butel ??

Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Dan Cammish
Ford Focus - Motorbase (NAPA) - Ash Sutton
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Sam Osborne
Ford Focus - Motorbase - Ollie Jackson

Toyota Corolla - Speedworks - Rory Butcher ??

Cupra Leon - HARD - Jack Goff
Cupra Leon - HARD - Aron Taylor Smith

Cupra Leon - HARD - ????
Cupra Leon - HARD - ????

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Aiden Moffat
Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Dexter Patterson

Infiniti Q50 - Aiden Moffat Racing - Ricky Collard ???

Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - Jack Constable ???
Vauxhall Astra ? - PMR - ????