Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jan 2022, 08:06 (Ref:4093543)   #1
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Bauble's Bed Rest

Just to remind you all that your old friend bauble (he's no friend of mine) is popping in to hospital tomorrow to have his little 'problem' sorted out. So let's all make the most of a couple of days peace & quiet and get ready for some more even devious quizzes that he thinks up whilst he's in there!
I hope it all goes well Bob and that the nurses are nicer to you than we are
Old 13 Jan 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4093546)   #2
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Just to remind you all that your old friend bauble (he's no friend of mine) is popping in to hospital tomorrow to have his little 'problem' sorted out. So let's all make the most of a couple of days peace & quiet and get ready for some more even devious quizzes that he thinks up whilst he's in there!
I hope it all goes well Bob and that the nurses are nicer to you than we are
Just sent an email wishing good things.
Im more worried for the nurses having to put up with Bob!
Seriously Mr Bauble, All the very best and wish you a smooth operation and full and speedy recovery.

Cheers
Chris
Old 13 Jan 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4093551)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im more worried for the nurses having to put up with Bob!
Hospital for a leaking tap? Better call Happy Dog plumbing! All my best Bob, please make a selfie, pictures-show must go on!

Last edited by Gerard C; 13 Jan 2022 at 09:23.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4093555)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Avoid the green pyjama, it carries the plague! Go naked!!!
Old 13 Jan 2022, 15:48 (Ref:4093577)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps Bed Post might have been more appropriate.

I go in tomorrow at 11.0 am and will be released back into the community on Saturday, it is a routine procedure, so there should be no complications. I have had a card from the nurses at the hospital saying how pleased they all are that I will coming in, and promise to give me extra special care. I am also dur to pick up my Patient of The Year Award at the same time.

Thank you all for prayers and good wishes, and I hope to be in action again before long.

Yours in sport,

Bob.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4093579)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best wishes Bob.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 17:25 (Ref:4093594)   #7
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best Wishes Bob and see you at the Pom.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 17:44 (Ref:4093596)   #8
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best wishes for tomorrow, Bob. Hope you come out looking like the dog's bo....... oh, perhaps not.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4093599)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
it is a routine procedure, so there should be no complications. I have had a card from the nurses at the hospital saying how pleased they all are that I will coming in, and promise to give me extra special care.
So, you rely on zatizditcs now! Special care? Make a selfie! Good luck, Man.
Old 13 Jan 2022, 18:38 (Ref:4093606)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey all the best Baubly-Bob! Keep smiling, I'm sure you will, and keep posting your usual drivel - errr, I mean "erudite comments".

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jan 2022, 20:57 (Ref:4093626)   #11
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck with it all Bob, looking forward to next week's pics
Old 14 Jan 2022, 10:41 (Ref:4093709)   #12
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Bauble, thinking of you, GCC.
Old 14 Jan 2022, 10:56 (Ref:4093712)   #13
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Spare thought for the nurses too…
Old 14 Jan 2022, 11:12 (Ref:4093715)   #14
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the best Bob!
Old 14 Jan 2022, 12:10 (Ref:4093720)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
My sister goes to hospital today, too, but for a rather more prosaic cataract op - she had the first one done a few weeks ago - so I'm already in "sending good wishes" mode - all the best Sir Bauble!
Old 15 Jan 2022, 13:37 (Ref:4093844)   #16
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
In a press release from earlier today it would appear that baub's operation was a success, he is in no pain and so is relatively comfortable. He does apparently have 'wires & pipes sticking out of various parts of his body' but is in good spirits and is busy charming all of the nurses..
No doubt there will be further coverage of this National Treasure on News at Ten and I suspect he will be thrown out of the hospital once he starts to engage his colleagues on the ward to 'just a few little puzzles'!
Old 15 Jan 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4093849)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
In a press release from earlier today it would appear that baub's operation was a success, he is in no pain and so is relatively comfortable. He does apparently have 'wires & pipes sticking out of various parts of his body' but is in good spirits and is busy charming all of the nurses..
No doubt there will be further coverage of this National Treasure on News at Ten and I suspect he will be thrown out of the hospital once he starts to engage his colleagues on the ward to 'just a few little puzzles'!
Many thanks for the update. Good news.
Old 15 Jan 2022, 19:33 (Ref:4093889)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
He does apparently have 'wires & pipes sticking out of various parts of his body' but is in good spirits and is busy charming all of the nurses..
You mean he went out with his pants unzipped! I thought he is a "on the button" model…
Old 16 Jan 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4094023)   #19
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kept in a day more than advertised but home now, weary, uncomfortable, but chuffed it all went (Fairly) well. Still got a plastic attachment, howevre this will be removed in the morning at which time my p'and q's should be operating properly. Big disappointment was getting a bed bath from a black male nurse. I suspect the pretty female ones fainted at the prospect.

I have been genuinely touched by all of your best wished, and kind thoughts. I came to in the recovery with a nurse telling me that Chris Anderson had phoned from Australia, asking about my condition. Friends! What can you say?

Cheersm

Baub.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 18:58 (Ref:4094028)   #20
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Big disappointment was getting a bed bath from a black male nurse.
It's the first step that counts! Good to have you even in bits, like a… puzzle!
Old 16 Jan 2022, 20:24 (Ref:4094037)   #21
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news that you are home, Bob. I hope the recovery goes well.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 20:34 (Ref:4094039)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news Mr Baub, speedy recovery; these operations can be pretty debilitating as we get older and I speak as one who survived a quadruple bypass 5 years ago. Clearly your wicked sense of humour hasn't left you!
Old 16 Jan 2022, 22:02 (Ref:4094049)   #23
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Kept in a day more than advertised but home now, weary, uncomfortable, but chuffed it all went (Fairly) well. Still got a plastic attachment, howevre this will be removed in the morning at which time my p'and q's should be operating properly. Big disappointment was getting a bed bath from a black male nurse. I suspect the pretty female ones fainted at the prospect.

I have been genuinely touched by all of your best wished, and kind thoughts. I came to in the recovery with a nurse telling me that Chris Anderson had phoned from Australia, asking about my condition. Friends! What can you say?

Cheersm

Baub.
Glad to hear that you are back at home Bob and seemingly as near back to normal as is possible.

As for my phone calls to the hospital enquiring after your progress, well I felt compelled to warn them of what they were about to be subjected to. Im sure your bed bath experience was not in any way influenced by my calls to them.

Im sure I will receive some uncomplimentary remarks when you discover that in an attempt to keep the thread active my deciding to post a couple of photos from downunder in your photo parade seems to have reduced said thread to a chat room for Australian Specials!

Anyway, good to chat with you and learn first hand of your progress and impending normality!
Old 16 Jan 2022, 22:20 (Ref:4094051)   #24
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Welcome back Bob, glad it all went well. If my pre-op tomorrow goes OK I'm in for a day myself on Thursday. Another minor procedure which should have me fixed in time for the season start. Seems that once on the wrong side of 70 there's always something wrong with us - but aren't we lucky that so much is fixable now compared with previous generations.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 22:23 (Ref:4094052)   #25
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome home to Tenths Bob, it's where you belong. It must be good to be in your own bed again.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk