Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Nov 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4081933)   #1
ferguson
Rookie

United States
Vermont
ferguson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cosworth Bob/ Prosport 3000

Hi all. Been doing some research on the Cosworth BOB engine that I am going to be putting in my Group 2 Capri Clone. Would be interested to find out what Prosport did to the engine particularly heads/ cams/followers to get the horsepower out of their motors. Thanks.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4081942)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hi Fergie, good to see you're still in the Capri business. Did you try Top Boss Performance in the UK? If my memory serves, the first issue with this engine is the wiring loom… As on usual, a contact with Ric might be worth.
Old 7 Nov 2021, 20:54 (Ref:4082020)   #3
ferguson
Rookie

United States
Vermont
ferguson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Gerard good to hear from you. Yes I have been in touch with Top Boss for some parts. Also ended up with the motor from Mike at Boost Performance. He turbos most of his cars with this motor. I have to be naturally aspirated so I needed some info on cam specs and what cam followers can be used. I see the Prosport 3000 used these motors and we’re getting 300 hp out of them. Nobody can seem to answer what kind of grind the cams can have more than normal using the hydraulic followers. Have been on Fordpower UK also. Not surprising that it’s hard to find an answer considering the motor is 25 years old now .
Old 8 Nov 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4082211)   #4
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I see but 25 years is no more old, its period!

I guess you know its rather easy to get c 300 hp out of an Essex and your question comes because you want to use a Scorpio unit.

I'll have a check on pur french forum, some are using either BOA's or BOB's (not my uncle, please!).
Old 27 Nov 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4085662)   #5
nj1052
Rookie

United Kingdom
Surrey
nj1052 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Ferguson

The guy you need to talk to is Paul Knapton of Xtec Engineering. He worked as a builder at Merlin Engineering who built the Prosport engines exclusively in the 90's so will know the details backwards. How do I know? I raced in the series and won the championship in '97 and '98!

Cheers