Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 8 Mar 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2647477)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Buenos Aires ideas

Much alike my topic of Dijon, I'd like to bring the idea forward of works on the Buenos Aires track in Argentina. We nearly had our first Argentinian in F1 in years, which could have lead to a return of the Argentine GP.

Buenos Aires used to be a quick circuit which was enjoyed by the majority of the drivers. However, it was redeveloped and slowed down significantly. I remember always hating this track on the F1 games (a good few years back now ), but over the past year or two, i've quite grown to like it for whatever reason. This lead me to check out the Google Maps image of the track. I realised there was still a big portion of the old track left, which raised questions in my mind as to why it was no longer used. It became evident that there was not enough run off on certain turns (and it was obviously quite big).

So I put the challenge to you - Making use of the old track, how about combining the new and old and coming up with something a little less bland, but still safe!

Here's what I come up with:

I've turned the track anti-clockwise to make the old part of the track less dangerous, basically.

I've also introduced a left turn along the backstraight just before the huge left, as there was little to no run off, thus a turn had to be created earlier to slow the cars down, yet the remained of the long hairpin remains.

Would love to see your ideas

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
beunos copy.jpg  
Old 8 Mar 2010, 15:55 (Ref:2647511)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
And here it is with its original behind it:

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
beunos copy2.jpg  
Old 8 Mar 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2647536)   #3
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Check out YouTube for clips. Turismo Carretera, TRV6, and TC2000 all use the old loop still.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2647678)   #4
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the concept. It would make a very fast track with a good stadium section.

What would be the track length?

bio
Old 8 Mar 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2647730)   #5
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It should be about 3.8 miles (6.115km). Without the chicane that Selby added to the long circuit, it would be 3.739 miles to the lap.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2648045)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Thank you guys, appreciated!

I'm shocked it's not even over 4 miles, that's good news Any ideas you got??

Now I just want to find a way to drive around it. Any ideas? (I mean computer generated, not real life!).

Selby
Old 9 Mar 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2648237)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Somebody may have done the track for rFactor or Grand Prix Legends, but I'm not certain.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2648286)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The Senna esses (the F1 chicane before the last hairpin) is never used, they prefer the tobogán ("playground slide"), which is much faster and interesting. The 1990s F1 turns 1-5 are only used by lower series, the top series either use the lake loop or the long first corner. The infield after the Ascari turn / chicane is never used together with the lake loop.

So I added a tunnel under the straight between the cajón (box) and the tobogán, and a connection between the straight before Ascari and the straight which leads into the tobogán. That makes the infield section faster when used together with the lake loop. I also pulled the hairpin after the tunnel closer, so the runoff area is bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
gálvez_nbu.jpg  
Old 11 Mar 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2649503)   #9
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
A fantastic track Such a shame the F1 doesn't visit here anymore. I really think they could make something of it if they adopted some of these strategies.

You'd be left with one of the most unique tracks on the calendar. Although, I don't think they like that, do they?

Selby
Old 11 Mar 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2649699)   #10
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Buenos Aires GP
Old 11 Mar 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2649848)   #11
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whoa, insane

On a similar, slightly plagarised and slightly more realistic note...

Btw on the subject of the final hairpin - that is currently the pit lane entry. And the map doesn't do it justice - very steep. But it extends the length of the main straight which can only be a positive for several reasons

Last edited by jab; 11 Mar 2010 at 20:52.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2650536)   #12
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My version

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3539445
Old 13 Mar 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2650762)   #13
Warren Hughes
Rookie

United Kingdom
Durham
Warren Hughes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my attempt http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3540290

The chicane at the extreme north of the circuit (just after the 1 mile marker) is optional
Old 13 Mar 2010, 14:22 (Ref:2651037)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Other than for safety reasons, there's no need for a chicane at the long corner. Touring cars do pass each other there.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2657162)   #15
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
olivk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My try:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3563744
I like tracks that mix technical portions and fast ones

Runs clockwise.
I guess it would require the sacrifice of the little oval on the top .
Old 21 Mar 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2657515)   #16
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I came up with two different layouts, both are clockwise direction

6.938 km:

6.857 km:

I tried to use as much of the existing track as I could, while blending in some new elements and creating some good passing areas.

Layout 1 would tend to be quicker, while Layout 2 has both sections lending to high- and low-downforce setups.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2657732)   #17
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
I like both of those. Quite simple but effective.

Selby
Old 8 Nov 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4132984)   #18
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Thread bump!

Here's another idea: https://twitter.com/NaBUru38/status/1589773261898121221

With multiple combinations, so drivers don't get bored.

And a mixture of slow and fast corners, to make it compatible with all kinds of machines.