Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Jun 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4116583)   #101
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow what a weekend that was. I didn't go in with much expectation and I was blown away. The Group E are amazing to watch, especially on Sunday. I enjoyed it much more than the Battles. It was so great to see so many people in the paddock, not the normal British RX crowd either. Hopefully some will come watch more races in the future. Despite teething issues for these brand new cars the racing was great all weekend. Massive shame Travis took out Meeke in the final, it would have been really good to see Meeke, Larsson, Bakkerud and Pastrana battle it out.

RX Cartel looked great all weekend. Having 4 cars with 4 completely different drivers makes a huge difference in terms of learning the new car. More cars will come before the end of the year. 2 mostly complete cars were at Lydden including a GRX car. 2 more are being built as well. Xite or VSC might buy a 3rd. I hope so as Meeke is so quick and deserves a full season.

The boost wasn't really highlighted this weekend but it's a major strategic part of each race. Drivers can use either 50Kw (~70hp) for 30 seconds or 150Kw (~200hp) for 10 seconds each race. That's why on the run to turn 1 some cars would drop back then pull ahead again. Hopefully graphics will be made for this as it will affect the races massively.

Megennis in NEXT was quick but so reckless, I think the Hansen mentality has rubbed off on him. He took out at least 3 cars. Glad to see Olofsson come back from the roll. He only had 1 working brake in the Rd1 semi, if he hadn't started he wouldn't be allowed in the final so the team just taped the car together and sent him out. And the suspension was broke all day but they didn't realise until the evening.

Crosscar was mega as well. Can't wait for that to grow in the UK. I'll wait to see how many race in BTRDA. I'm guessing about 5 but everyone is realising what a great class it is and next year it should be bigger than RX150. They cost like £20k but running costs are low and spares should be easy to come by. Hoping Rooke is one of those "big" names, especially as he'll drive one at the Motorsport Games

Supercar was kind of ignored for obvious reasons. At least the top 2 were close. McConnell and Belevskiy are doing all the European rounds, hopefully there are more locals at each event and that they can more easily challenge. British RX is a good national series but can't touch top Euro/World cars.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 08:55 (Ref:4116605)   #102
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Megennis in NEXT was quick but so reckless, I think the Hansen mentality has rubbed off on him. He took out at least 3 cars.
I was really not impressed with his aggression, it seems he's just over the line in terms of what I feel is acceptable. I did find myself wondering if it was a Hansen influence as I view Kevin in much the same way
Old 6 Jul 2022, 07:45 (Ref:4118388)   #103
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Went away on holiday shortly after the Nitro weekend, so only just got around to uploading some pictures now I am back!

Few favourites...

...and a lot more here:

Flickr - Nitro Rallycross 2022-2023 Round 1

If you want to see more!
Old 6 Jul 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4118433)   #104
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems like it's not too safe being a Nitro RX driver, first Eriksson with however he broke his leg (saw him on crutches around the paddock looking sorry for himself), now Larsson has nearly cut his head off with an angle grinder.

https://www.instagram.com/robinlarsson4/?hl=en
Old 6 Jul 2022, 14:00 (Ref:4118436)   #105
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Went away on holiday shortly after the Nitro weekend, so only just got around to uploading some pictures now I am back!

Few favourites...

Some great shots there, especially the panning ones of the jump...almost makes me want to start taking bad photos again, but then I remember how bad I am at pictures and how I prefer watching anyway
Old 7 Jul 2022, 19:11 (Ref:4118592)   #106
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Some great shots there, especially the panning ones of the jump...almost makes me want to start taking bad photos again, but then I remember how bad I am at pictures and how I prefer watching anyway
The jump is pretty well positioned for getting shots from the spectator area, not sure the 5 Nations drivers will get quite as much air off it, but looking forward to seeing them tackle the new layout later in the year.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 14:14 (Ref:4120754)   #107
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Entry list for Sweden doing the rounds on social media. Can't seem to link it, but saying:

11 Group E
10 Crosscar
9 NEXT
5 Supercar (including Per Eklund!)

Must have finished nailing another FC1-X together since Lydden?

Good to see those numbers in Crosscar and NEXT again (I thought both were entertaining at Lydden), but disappointing Supercar numbers again. Really hoped they might attract more local interest.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4120757)   #108
MissClarrpz
Racer

Nice to see 1 more Group E. Supercar obviously numbers still disappointing but I think them having a double header will help and it looks like it will be closer racing.

Nordic had good racing so hopefully the track extensions help that rather than just looking cool.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4120764)   #109
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It's Johan Kristoffersson

https://dirtfish.com/rallycross/nitr...itro-rx-debut/
Old 29 Jul 2022, 12:24 (Ref:4120841)   #110
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Must have finished nailing another FC1-X together since Lydden?
I believe there were two spares hanging about at Lydden, each with a sheet of paper on the dash, one saying 12 and one 13...although I think one car was lacking a rear wing and a bit of the electric gubbins.

Shame entries are still quite low, I worry that crosscar is going to take a hit when the season moves away from Europe...although hopefully we'll see Arpin, Speed and a few others join Supercar
Old 29 Jul 2022, 17:30 (Ref:4120875)   #111
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I believe there were two spares hanging about at Lydden, each with a sheet of paper on the dash, one saying 12 and one 13...although I think one car was lacking a rear wing and a bit of the electric gubbins.
Must confess I didn't notice the paper with the numbers on the dash, but I did see those "spare" car at Lydden. The car I had a proper nose around certainly looked like it was well on the way.

I am not normally a fan of single driver dominance, but I want to see JK prove himself and decimate everyone this weekend!
Old 30 Jul 2022, 17:12 (Ref:4121013)   #112
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Shame entries are still quite low, I worry that crosscar is going to take a hit when the season moves away from Europe...although hopefully we'll see Arpin, Speed and a few others join Supercar
Crosscar is only for European rounds (though I heard they are trying to have them in Saudi). SXS will race alongside all NA rounds after supporting a few events last year. Usually had 10-12 car grids. Good addition as Supercar and Lites have 4 rounds each in NA out of 6, neither at ERX and each skips a Canadian (Ice) round.

Really hoping Supercar is better stateside but it will happen only if cars are imported again. 4 Subaru's and maybe Arpin's Hyundai, though I think McConnell is racing that currently.
Old 31 Jul 2022, 20:30 (Ref:4121264)   #113
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ah, that makes sense although I much prefer Crosscar to SXS.

Sounds like Fraz isn't doing Supercar beyond the Euro rounds so guess that'll go back to Arpin and Travis is going to be back in the Subaru. But actually it was Group E which was more interesting than Supercar, some of the racing was pretty decent and an exciting final too.
Old 2 Aug 2022, 13:57 (Ref:4121539)   #114
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I really like these Group E races.
Old 7 Oct 2022, 10:41 (Ref:4128992)   #115
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Anyone watch the Minnesota round last weekend? Several pretty big incidents, though good to see the drivers walking away unscathed from each incident.

Surprised that the FC1-X didn't look more composed on that circuit though, expected it to be much better suited to that sort of circuit than the Supercars were last year. Wonder if the CoG on the FC1-X is a bit high as, once they start to lean, they seem to roll pretty easily?
Old 7 Oct 2022, 13:53 (Ref:4129011)   #116
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I have been very busy, and didn't watch a single highlights video.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 11:45 (Ref:4129180)   #117
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Some good racing but downright dangerous, Kevin had some very strong words about the tyres and the SXS cars.

I think the problem was less the car and more the track, those banks are just launchpads. I think bigger issue is the overuse of concrete barriers in fast areas where the cars are airborne, it was extremely lucky that neither Fraz or Andreas landed upside down on one. Also concerning that Bakkerud said he couldn't get the belts undone, makes me wonder what worst case could've been if Fraser hadn't ended wheels up.

And beyond all that, just some crazy positions for marshals and vehicles to be parked, right in the firing line on the outside of corners and with very little protection.
Old 15 Nov 2022, 15:09 (Ref:4133864)   #118
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Last weekend they raced at Wild Horse Pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebNtv5unTG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFZm8bVM5ec
Old 11 Jan 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4139723)   #119
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Trois-Rivières is in two weeks.
Old 17 Jan 2023, 21:01 (Ref:4140456)   #120
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Trois-Rivières is this weekend!
Old 18 Jan 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4140499)   #121
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Trois-Rivières is this weekend!
I'll no doubt tune in to it. I haven't seen an entry list, but I assume there are no big surprises?
Old 20 Jan 2023, 06:19 (Ref:4140696)   #122
MissClarrpz
Racer

Only 9 cars for Group E. Should be 3 different local support categories but not sure if they'll be coverage of them
Old 23 Jan 2023, 15:04 (Ref:4141009)   #123
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Nice drifts, though few overtakes.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 11:26 (Ref:4141161)   #124
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Nice drifts, though few overtakes.
Didn't watch the full program, but caught most of the Group E races on Sunday.

Definitely looked pretty spectacular but, as you say, not a huge amount of passing. Awful driving from Pastrana in the final (though, credit where it is due, Travis has posted a pretty sincere sounding apology post-race), but a clean 1-2 for Oliver and Kevin Eriksson.

Not sure if it is just me, but the website (and their social media) is awful. Was trying to figure out what the Championship standings are before the last race weekend, but it isn't anywhere near as clear as I think it should be.

Curious to know when we are going to see some details for the 2023-2024 season.
Old 25 Jan 2023, 13:40 (Ref:4141176)   #125
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I think that the track was too narrow. I've seen more overtakes at other tracks.