Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 30 Oct 2023, 14:48 (Ref:4183724)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shaping up to be a good finale to the season at Lydden this weekend. Liam will be driving a Betomik Racing i20, with Ikonen in a second i20.

Impossible RX have entered two of the Megane RS RX. Not sure how those cars/drivers will stack up against the i20's and 208's, but they should be more than capable of mixing it with the 5 Nations regulars.

Nick Nevens, Dave Van Beers and Darren Scott in Super National.

Fingers crossed some of the Irish drivers come over as well, as that could put Supercar and Super National into double figures.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 08:51 (Ref:4184028)   #52
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list now up...

...was hoping Super National might have slightly better numbers, but still good to have a few cars in the class.

Decent Supercar entry and the added bonus of Eriksson. I wonder if Seb will be registered for Championship points?

Disappointing numbers in All4; I thought that class was growing but it seems to have gone backwards. Hopefully they'll roll those in with Super National again so we don't have too many three car races.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 09:52 (Ref:4184030)   #53
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Very impressive supercar entry - excellent variety of makes/models too.

Is the Stuart Emery super retro Volvo a new car? (new to him) Or have I just not been paying attention?

I can't make it to Lydden this weekend but hopefully someone will get plenty of photos to share here The weather for Saturday looks like proper rallycross weather - bloody horrible!
Old 2 Nov 2023, 10:33 (Ref:4184037)   #54
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Very impressive supercar entry - excellent variety of makes/models too.
Yeah, definitely. Intrigued to see the Megane back in action again. I still believe there is (or perhaps was) a lot of untapped potential in those cars, just wonder what the new owners can do with them.

Quote:
Is the Stuart Emery super retro Volvo a new car? (new to him) Or have I just not been paying attention?
New to him...

...it was announced within the last week, so you're not that far behind!

Quote:
I can't make it to Lydden this weekend but hopefully someone will get plenty of photos to share here The weather for Saturday looks like proper rallycross weather - bloody horrible!
Yeah. Saturday does look slightly less awful than the initial long range forecast was saying, but it is still shaping up to be a wet day.

I was hoping it would dry out for the night racing, as I thought that was much more spectacular in the dry. Good news is that Sunday appears to be dry though, so hopefully two days of racing this year.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 11:51 (Ref:4184046)   #55
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, definitely. Intrigued to see the Megane back in action again. I still believe there is (or perhaps was) a lot of untapped potential in those cars, just wonder what the new owners can do with them.
There was certainly a lot of buzz about them when they were revealed - the inboard brakes were certainly an interesting feature (although presumably not that much of a step forward as we haven't seen that replicated by others).

Quote:
New to him...

...it was announced within the last week, so you're not that far behind!
Ah nice - I do like those Volvos. Ex Mertens car (assuming the name in the window is genuine) so it should be well sorted.

Quote:
Yeah. Saturday does look slightly less awful than the initial long range forecast was saying, but it is still shaping up to be a wet day.

I was hoping it would dry out for the night racing, as I thought that was much more spectacular in the dry. Good news is that Sunday appears to be dry though, so hopefully two days of racing this year.
Whilst I probably prefer rallycross in the wet I do feel sorry for Lydden as crappy weather may well reduce their income from the weekend and obviously they put a lot into this one. Hopefully anyone coming over from the continent gets here ok given all of the disruption at the moment.
Old 5 Nov 2023, 21:33 (Ref:4184635)   #56
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cannot believe all the EV stuff from the burnout is STILL there, I find that pretty odd!
Old 6 Nov 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4184692)   #57
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
Cannot believe all the EV stuff from the burnout is STILL there, I find that pretty odd!
I could have it wrong, but I assume that someone has to pay to move it and, until there is an outcome to the investigation, the responsible party for that has yet to be determined.
Old 6 Nov 2023, 21:24 (Ref:4184821)   #58
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a canny days as always down at Lydden on Sunday, thank god it stayed dry!

Here's my vid of the racing trackside as always for anyone who interested:

https://youtu.be/KK21FUCjn_4
Old 7 Nov 2023, 12:26 (Ref:4184966)   #59
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Had a canny days as always down at Lydden on Sunday, thank god it stayed dry!
Was certainly an eventful weekend. I am fairly confident saying that Saturday was the wettest event I have ever been to, the first few hours were horrendous. It was bizarre being back there on Sunday and conditions being so different, felt like the two days racing were six months apart, not 24 hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Here's my vid of the racing trackside as always for anyone who interested:

https://youtu.be/KK21FUCjn_4
Saw you shared this on Facebook: great stuff!

The way things panned out between Jack and Patrick was a little disappointing; I was really hoping we'd get to see those two have a straight fight but, for various reasons, that didn't happen. If am being completely honest certain elements of the two days put a bit of a sour note on the Championship finale and, in my eyes anyway, cheapened the title win for Patrick (and I say that as someone who is a fan of Patrick).

That aside, some really good racing in the supporting classes. Despite having some of the lowest entry numbers the Swift final was one of the highlights of the weekend for me, positioning swapping all the way up to the flag.

Real shame that Liam had issues, as he was absolutely flying when the i20 was going. Given what he said during the grid preview video on Sunday morning I really hope he looks at more Supercar drives for 2024 as I don't think anyone can deny he isn't hugely entertaining behind the wheel of a car.
Old 7 Nov 2023, 20:26 (Ref:4185050)   #60
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB2fPs

Sunday photo selection here.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 11:20 (Ref:4185111)   #61
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Thanks for sharing the photos and video - nice to see rallycross cars suitably caked in filth

Does the Harris electric Mini run the Kriesel electrical system used in WRX or is it another supplier?
Old 8 Nov 2023, 12:02 (Ref:4185113)   #62
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
http://https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjB2fPs

Sunday photo selection here.
Nice shots. Very underwhelmed with what I took, especially after looking through the pictures from others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Does the Harris electric Mini run the Kriesel electrical system used in WRX or is it another supplier?
Harris Mini is using a STARD powertrain.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 14:17 (Ref:4185127)   #63
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Nice shots. Very underwhelmed with what I took, especially after looking through the pictures from others!
The weather on Saturday was awful but I'm a bit gutted I couldn't get down to Lydden for that as I love the photo opportunities those conditions present. Have to be very careful to make sure the camera is covered up though - I have drowned a camera at Lydden

Quote:
Harris Mini is using a STARD powertrain.
Thanks - I did think it was unlikely to be the Kriesel system but couldn't think who else supplied electric powertrains at that level of output.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 14:22 (Ref:4185128)   #64
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I was surprised WRX didn't go with the STARD powertrain.
Old 8 Nov 2023, 16:06 (Ref:4185143)   #65
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
The weather on Saturday was awful but I'm a bit gutted I couldn't get down to Lydden for that as I love the photo opportunities those conditions present. Have to be very careful to make sure the camera is covered up though - I have drowned a camera at Lydden
Yeah, I really like the photo opportunities the rain presents (which is why I am especially disappointed with my results from Saturday).

I thought the rain was much worse than last year. Thankfully I bought a Think Tank cover a few months ago following the recommendation of a couple of the professional guys and I was really glad I took their advice: my camera was the only thing that was dry at the end of Saturday!

Quote:
Thanks - I did think it was unlikely to be the Kriesel system but couldn't think who else supplied electric powertrains at that level of output.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I was surprised WRX didn't go with the STARD powertrain.
I think the Kriesel system uses a much higher rated battery. I thought the RX1E cars looked a lot more agile than the Projekt-E cars, especially after the upgrades the cars got for this season. Probably unfair to make a direct comparison though, as I guess a lot has been learned in the time between the two cars being built.
Old 17 Nov 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4186190)   #66
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Uploaded a few pictures, some OK shots in the mix, but disappointed with my efforts overall.

...few more here:

Flickr - 5 Nations British Rallycross Championship R10 & R11 2023

For those who are interested.
Old 17 Nov 2023, 10:24 (Ref:4186213)   #67
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
I think you're being too hard on yourself - there's plenty to like in there

As ever the shots in the grim conditions are my favourites - rallycross cars caked in dirt kicking up mud and spray always looks good.
Old 17 Nov 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4186232)   #68
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I think you're being too hard on yourself - there's plenty to like in there
Perhaps...

Quote:
As ever the shots in the grim conditions are my favourites - rallycross cars caked in dirt kicking up mud and spray always looks good.
...but those are the best conditions for rallycross and I'd like to have made more of them.

I couldn't get to the spot I planned for the night racing, so didn't get as much from that as I hope and I think I chose spots poorly on Sunday. Still, not a total loss as there are a few OK ones in there: need those extra Supercars to come back again next year so I can try again!