Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 29 Aug 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4174485)   #1
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Superbikes BSB 2023

Simply some of the best and closest 2 wheel racing on the planet and this year has been no exception. The superb triple victory at Thruxton by O'Halloran was stunning and the title fight goes on at the front with the 2 PBM riders and a couple of others still in the running, Bridewell's victory in the last race at Cadwell was absolutely thrilling. Long may it continue, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Old 29 Aug 2023, 12:40 (Ref:4174506)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Simply some of the best and closest 2 wheel racing on the planet and this year has been no exception. The superb triple victory at Thruxton by O'Halloran was stunning and the title fight goes on at the front with the 2 PBM riders and a couple of others still in the running, Bridewell's victory in the last race at Cadwell was absolutely thrilling. Long may it continue, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I second all of that, what I did like as well was the crowds at all of the meetings
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Aug 2023, 11:24 (Ref:4174584)   #3
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would only add that in Sueprbikes at the moment if you haven't got a GP bike you cant really win much. Sorry but brand domination leaves me cold.
Old 30 Aug 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4174600)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP bikes are not permitted in either World or British Superbikes. GP bikes are totally bespoke one-off machines akin to F1, Superbikes are developed from road legal machines and in the case of BSB they have very limited modifications, specifically no electronic aids or aero parts.
Old 30 Aug 2023, 20:18 (Ref:4174637)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
GP bikes are not permitted in either World or British Superbikes. GP bikes are totally bespoke one-off machines akin to F1, Superbikes are developed from road legal machines and in the case of BSB they have very limited modifications, specifically no electronic aids or aero parts.
Also the BSB top bikes are about 200 bhp, the WSB ones 235bhp and the Moto GP ones are 300bhp !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Aug 2023, 20:23 (Ref:4174638)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I would only add that in Sueprbikes at the moment if you haven't got a GP bike you cant really win much. Sorry but brand domination leaves me cold.
Just like RED BULL ! in F1 !
Old 30 Aug 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4174639)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Admittedly they all share various forms of the Panigale engine but there the similarity ends, GP machines bear no resemblance to superbikes. To demonstrate the performance difference, I watched an open bike race, at Knockhill of all places, some few years ago in which a 125cc Honda GP3 wiped the floor with the opposition including two 1000cc machines, chalk and cheese! You can't blame a manufacturer for designing something which excels.
Old 30 Aug 2023, 22:07 (Ref:4174643)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The Honda GP bike back in the 90s was a 499cc, Liquid-cooled two-stroke V four that produced 200 bhp in race condition, in bench testing the engine was capable of producing 300+ bhp ! but would have been totally unrideable as the power band was so small. As it was there was only a very few riders that could come to terms with it as some found out to their cost as the throttle was like an on/off switch !
That sort of power plant equates to 400bhp per litre for a conventional non forced induction engine ! What a pity they outlawed those engines as it would have been "interesting" to see a 1000cc 2 stroke GP bike on the circuits, what with modern injection and ignition controlled by computer it would be something worth watching
Old 30 Aug 2023, 23:34 (Ref:4174653)   #9
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I was joking

The Ducati Superbike is basically a MOTO GP bike in just about every way, aero, electronics engine and power, plus it costs twice as much as just about any other road bike it races against

Sorry that is not fair for me and I have stopped watching Superbikes until it is fixed.

Dorna want endless Bautusta wins and Bird has been buying titles for decades when he sould be nowhere near a race track!!
Old 31 Aug 2023, 08:53 (Ref:4174677)   #10
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
What a pity they outlawed those engines as it would have been "interesting" to see a 1000cc 2 stroke GP bike on the circuits, what with modern injection and ignition controlled by computer it would be something worth watching
Agreed. But bike makers are also bike-sellers, it's all about business. Again. Over the years 2-Stroke engines became very good emission-wise, thanks to new oils and sophisticated injection/ignition systems. I think it was Aprilia/Peugeot having developped the Di-Tech engine producing a high output while keeping emissions and fuel consumption at a very acceptable level. But what Honda wanted, the ban of 2-Stroke engines for road going bikes, Honda got.
Old 1 Sep 2023, 00:09 (Ref:4174737)   #11
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
But what Honda wanted, the ban of 2-Stroke engines for road going bikes, Honda got.
There is a British motorcycle made by a firm called "Langen" that is a 250cc twin cylinder 2 stroke that produces 75 + bhp it's also silly money !
Click image for larger version

Name:	langen-two-stroke.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	77896

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 1 Sep 2023 at 00:24.
Old 1 Sep 2023, 23:37 (Ref:4174827)   #12
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Just seen that Ex-MotoGP and BSB champion team owner Paul Bird has died aged 56
Old 2 Sep 2023, 06:33 (Ref:4174846)   #13
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Just seen that Ex-MotoGP and BSB champion team owner Paul Bird has died aged 56
Crikey, I just read that as well, must have been very sudden he was at Cadwell Park last week.
Old 2 Sep 2023, 11:11 (Ref:4174866)   #14
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
He lived a full life, I think that is the best you can say!!
Old 19 Sep 2023, 14:18 (Ref:4177438)   #15
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Following that race 2 penalty at Oulton there is only half a point between the Birdman's 2 riders the last 2 rounds are going to pretty sensational, you couldn't write the script! Great racing from the top guys, Haslam should be congratulated for bringing a new team to the grid and a really solid performance and I believe that Lee Jackson has a top ride for next year, well deserved.
Old 30 Sep 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4178926)   #16
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
The battle rages on with a non result for Tommie and Glen at Donington but look at the late charging Pocket Rocket up there on again on the first race podium! Sunday's 2 races will be worth a watch with so many quick riders starting out of position, great to see Luke Mossey get a result today but a brave tyre decision by Vickers for the win in race 1.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 13:40 (Ref:4179129)   #17
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Oh dear, handbags out at PBM!

Last edited by justracing; 1 Oct 2023 at 13:54.
Old 1 Oct 2023, 21:41 (Ref:4179186)   #18
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
What a weekend of great 2 wheel action, you couldn't write a script for today's racing in BSB, the top contenders coming together and now we have Haslam knocking on the door as well.
Old 15 Oct 2023, 16:42 (Ref:4181649)   #19
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Wow! what an incredible action packed season closer from Brands Hatch with the title swinging back and forth no less than 8 times in the last race! Great season of racing from the BSB boys, simply the best 2 wheel action on the planet.
Old 20 Oct 2023, 08:06 (Ref:4182113)   #20
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Wow! what an incredible action packed season closer from Brands Hatch with the title swinging back and forth no less than 8 times in the last race! Great season of racing from the BSB boys, simply the best 2 wheel action on the planet.
I caught up on the action last night, that was quite something even for a neutral like myself. I have been watching all season and it has been a good one. I just wish the Kawasakis and BMWs were in it a bit more.