Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 May 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4157679)   #1
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone International Trophy 27 May

Lots of cars at Silverstone this weekend for the HSCC meeting including big grids from the guesting CSCC and Monopostos. I know it’s a lousy place for spectating but 360 cars including HF2 is a beguiling prospect. And the weather forecast looks splendid.. HSCC have combined grids so that the echoing spaces won’t be quite so empty. Interestingly Thundersports entries, like the Masters sports cars at Brands, are very thin. Should be a good weekend though.
Old 24 May 2023, 07:49 (Ref:4157683)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
What a shame that some more of the 360 didn't turn up for HSCC Cadwell. Silverstone is comfortably the worst circuit at which I have watched racing and most of the time the cars aren't even in the same post code ....
Old 24 May 2023, 16:49 (Ref:4157770)   #3
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If anyone is thinking of going to Silverstone I have two tickets for Sunday, and a room booked at Premier Inn Buckingham on Saturday night that I won't now be using........give me a shout!
Old 25 May 2023, 17:00 (Ref:4157954)   #4
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic entry lists, looking forward to this, always a good early season meeting. Not sure why both HSCC International Trophy and masters at brands are on the same weekend though.
Old 28 May 2023, 06:51 (Ref:4158255)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Decent days entertainment, the F2 cars being the highlight.
Old 28 May 2023, 08:47 (Ref:4158265)   #6
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoyed the day. Highlights for me as ever strolling round the paddock. Formula 2 sounded wonderful but...Silverstone, dear me for someone who's spectating for last 10 years has been confined to Oulton and Goodwood the place is soulless. First visit in 79 but no interest in Ef Wun so won't be returning.
Old 29 May 2023, 07:58 (Ref:4158701)   #7
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm View Post
Enjoyed the day. Highlights for me as ever strolling round the paddock. Formula 2 sounded wonderful but...Silverstone, dear me for someone who's spectating for last 10 years has been confined to Oulton and Goodwood the place is soulless. First visit in 79 but no interest in Ef Wun so won't be returning.
I broke my resolve never to go back because the entry was so good and the paddock was indeed a joy in the sun. There is an almost adequate view of a small section of the track from the grandstand but the track is so long that the cars take forever to come round and are usually split up by the long straights. It’s vast echoing jumble of buildings and concrete wastelands diminish historic cars and take all the magic from them. It sold its soul to F1 long ago. I look at the old bridge and dream of Woodcote in its pre chicane glory and weep for its passing.
Old 29 May 2023, 08:26 (Ref:4158704)   #8
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I broke my resolve never to go back because the entry was so good and the paddock was indeed a joy in the sun. There is an almost adequate view of a small section of the track from the grandstand but the track is so long that the cars take forever to come round and are usually split up by the long straights. It’s vast echoing jumble of buildings and concrete wastelands diminish historic cars and take all the magic from them. It sold its soul to F1 long ago. I look at the old bridge and dream of Woodcote in its pre chicane glory and weep for its passing.
Exquisitely put, agree wholeheartedly. If it's any consolation, most of the grids at the Brands Masters meeting were pathetic, some hard driven F1 machinery and good grids for the saloons but a very disappointing turnout overall.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4160063)   #9
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a really enjoyable day racing in Griffiths Haig Trophy in the Elva Mk5. Race one was another real ding-dong with Cliff Gray in his Frazer-Nash, just like Oulton Park last year ... he prevailed again, but I kept him honest, and had my nose in front a few times, very dissimilar cars, but similar lap times, makes for interesting and fun racing.

Chose to withdraw from Race 2 after green flag lap due to vibration and random 'noises' from transmission ... really need to avoid budget-breaking issues right now, so happy with the decision. Despite this disappointment on the day, i still really enjoyed it! Delta is investigating and will fix for Brands in July - "What man made ..." and all that!

Nice series the Griffiths Haig Trophy, suits me perfectly, mixed-bag of nice cars, all owner-driven, although I appreciate that bigger grids would be welcomed by all.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 16:50 (Ref:4160072)   #10
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Loved the Griffiths Haig, as you say, a fantastic field of varied cars, and although the grid wasn't the biggest, it was bigger than most of the Masters grids. Look forward to seeing you out again soon.