Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Oct 2004, 03:05 (Ref:1134475)   #26
Trevor P
Racer

Trevor P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diffey. No better. Should take a mogadon and have a good lie down. Crompton is made to look better and better by his colleagues every time.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 03:52 (Ref:1134496)   #27
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He's better than Tim Big Chin that used to be involved in the telecasts, and now does horse racing.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 05:20 (Ref:1134526)   #28
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back Will Hagon...better still give the Procar guys a gig....Boyden Denyer, Russell, Wade Aunger.....John Thompson from Speedweek is good even Nathan predergast

@ least these guys know there stuff...send Woods back to Basketball or give him a game show he looks like larry Emdur
Old 25 Oct 2004, 06:13 (Ref:1134558)   #29
Kixx
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, VIC
Kixx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cromley is absolutely the very best in a long time. I absolutely hated Matty White, so at I at least thought Bill was better than having him for another year. I never used to think much of Diffey, but I must say that that was the best telecast in a long long time. The Crompton-Diffey combination was certainly a good one. I think Bill works well as a broadcast host, but has no idea as a commentator.
And i don't think Paul Gover is much chop in the pits either.
Well that my 2 cents worth anyway
Old 25 Oct 2004, 08:55 (Ref:1134667)   #30
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Diffy is going to be permanent on v8 supercars and he will be doing Sports Tonight and commentry on the Sydney to Hobart yacht race.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 25 Oct 2004, 10:21 (Ref:1134777)   #31
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hearing that the talking book salesman B.Woods is not going to be dribbling on Tv in 05 on the weekend and little Leigh coming back is great news fot us race fans.
At least in 05 the home of motorsport will have people that know what they are talking about.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 25 Oct 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1134863)   #32
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Bill Woods ever really wanted to be a commentator. Hosting is a very different gig to commentating. He said when announcing that Diffey will be returning next year, "which suits me fine".
When Matt White moved to 7, 10 was left without a co-commentator. I doubt that 10 would be keen on signing a new commentator to a contract without being tested against their own audience. So that basically left Woods or Rust to fill the chair. I think Woods is the better choice.

With Diffey returning to Aus they again have a lead commentator previously "accepted" by the Ten audience. Woods can go back to hosting and (nearly) everybody is happy.

FWIW I have no problems with any of the Ten on air talent. I think overall Ten provide a far superior package than any previous coverage shown on Australian TV.

Did anyone pick up Bill Woods' Murray Walker moment in the Indy race commentary. Referring to David Besnard he said - "Well it's lap 45 and he hasn't put it into the wall yet! Which is what he intended to do." :-) :-)
Old 25 Oct 2004, 12:12 (Ref:1134911)   #33
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Or would you rather Eddie "I'm on everything" McGuire hosting/commentating, and making everything into a Collingwood/football reference?
Old 25 Oct 2004, 13:07 (Ref:1135019)   #34
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why are we being provided with a bunch of, with no disrespect for the man, a bunch of Murray Walker's, who rather yell and scream at us rather than commentate to us???

Why are we not breeding and encouraging the next Evan Green's and Will Hagon's??
Old 25 Oct 2004, 16:37 (Ref:1135352)   #35
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why are we being provided with a bunch of, with no disrespect for the man, a bunch of Murray Walker's, who rather yell and scream at us rather than commentate to us???
That's 3 times in this thread that you have mentioned the commentators yelling and screaming. You must have been watching a different telecast to me because I didn't notice any yelling or screaming from Diffey or Cromley.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 20:19 (Ref:1135602)   #36
Trevor P
Racer

Trevor P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bestfit
You must have had your hands over your ears. Leigh adds almost no value to a commentary - he only calls what you can already see on screen. Crompton is the only real motor racing expert in the Ten team (to be expected of course).
I agree with an earlier post that all the guys on Speedweek - Prendergast, Aunger, Boyden, (except Eastlake, who does the Procar for AVE) - would do a better job than Leigh. After a year in the US, the land of the best motor racing commentators in the world, I thought he would have come back and learned something. But he is no different than when he left us.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 23:23 (Ref:1135820)   #37
SkaifeysGal
Racer

Australia
Medowie
SkaifeysGal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tiko
retro I think you'll find its for this round only. Leigh has been following and commmentating the champ cars all year so I guess his commitments are doubled for the weekend, commentating both the champcars and the v8's for seriously 10.
Yeah, but i thought that someone pehaps billy mentioned that Leigh will be commentating either for the rest of the year or for next season

Cam, Your a Legend mate!!!
Old 26 Oct 2004, 01:46 (Ref:1135895)   #38
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trevor P
[B]Bestfit
You must have had your hands over your ears. Leigh adds almost no value to a commentary.

More than what B.Woods will ever bring to the TV(bar his book).With Cromerly next Lildif will provide a good commentary.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 26 Oct 2004, 03:21 (Ref:1135922)   #39
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by SkaifeysGal
Yeah, but i thought that someone pehaps billy mentioned that Leigh will be commentating either for the rest of the year or for next season
Yeah I posted earlier he is back fulltime with the v8's plus he will be doing Sports Tonight and commenting on the Sydney to Hobart yacht race - I assume Bill Woods is out of the chair.

Last edited by retro; 26 Oct 2004 at 03:22.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 26 Oct 2004, 08:15 (Ref:1136120)   #40
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cromley is so far above and beyond any other Australian motor racing commentator. He is knowledgeable and articulate. As for the others on Ten or SBS, there's just far too much shouting about nothing and Oooh an aaah. Quite frankly, I think I could do a better job than some of them.