Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2000, 13:07 (Ref:142)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Rubens! Some Ferrari plot that turned out to be.

And for all you people who will immediately say "Well pole position doesn't get you any points", just cast your thoughts back to all the fuss over Mika and his pole positions and give Rubens the same big cheer. And just remembr that Rubens did it with his hands tied behind him.

P.S. Well done Frenzy too. YAHOO! (not a sponsor plug. )
Old 22 Apr 2000, 13:27 (Ref:143)   #2
allan quirk
Rookie

allan quirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens will be World Champ within 5 years.
Old 22 Apr 2000, 17:21 (Ref:144)   #3
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I taped half the session, and had to find out what happened afterwards on the net. Now wasn't I surprised to see Rubens on Pole. The only thing that made it better was Schumacher(M) in fifth, next to his biggest fan ,Jenson Button! I’m not an anti-Schumacher guy, ( I think he is the best driver out of the current bunch) but I’m just glad to see RB finally show what he can do! Amazing job by HHF and Williams BMW as well.

P.S. Yes, I know why MS’s qualified in fifth
Old 22 Apr 2000, 17:25 (Ref:145)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Rubhino! Will be fun if he can hold the McLarens up whilst Schumacher has a pop at them from behind... oooh err!
Old 22 Apr 2000, 17:25 (Ref:146)   #5
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rubens proved us that brazilians are best under rain yet. Indeed, rain qualification is Rubinio's top hit.

Sorry, it wont takes him a point in WDC, but I remember there're a special bonuses from Grand-prix organisators for pole (and for best lap too), are there not? So I hope Barricello get something from Jean Todt (not other golden watch)
Old 22 Apr 2000, 17:39 (Ref:147)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And now we'll see what the boy's made of. If only he can get a good start away from the pack tomorrow, and TGF remembers what happened last year when he was on the radio screaming at his crew to tell Eddie to get out of his way instead of watching where he was going ...

Notice that M&M made a big deal out of this being the corner where TGF had his Off last year and not Word One about Zonta's airborne near-death experience one day ago? Why was that do'you think?
Old 22 Apr 2000, 17:43 (Ref:148)   #7
ccara
Rookie

ccara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its lookin good for some real racing that all have been lookin for, good luck to Rubens and TGF

Btw who gets T-Car?
Now that will be fun to toss for

Old 22 Apr 2000, 18:06 (Ref:149)   #8
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Go RB !! Show 'em what your made of. Isn't it swell not to have the same old same old on the front row? I'm digging it & can't wait till the lights go out.
Old 22 Apr 2000, 20:12 (Ref:150)   #9
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
haha...one of the best poles i've ever seen. Rubens shows em how to drive a ferrari... he literally blow the hell out of MS. Has MS lost the 'edge' or what??

Btw great performance from Frentzen and Mika.

Old 22 Apr 2000, 20:27 (Ref:151)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques Villeneuve, despite finishing 10th showed that the BAR is capable of being much higher up.

Remember him being ahead of DC as he crossed the line about 200 meters after him. That was impressive.

As was Rubino! Ferrari were obviously using him as a test for TGF at the beginning of the session and it backfired!
Old 22 Apr 2000, 21:23 (Ref:152)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The face icon is to the marshals at Silverstone who weren't patrolling the gate at Luffield B and enabled Vicky, Woody, Carrie and I to go in the grandstand for the F3000.... He he he.

Seriously good driving by HHF - the guy will walk it. Bad luck to the Minardis - they were faster than 21st and 22nd - just bad timing at the end of the session.

Well done to Rubens too.... but Frenzy will beat ya!

And deserving of a special mention is one Jacques Villeneuve - he was VISIBLY the best driver out there.... Seeing him get pole for a bit was FANTASTIC....

GO JV/GO HHF/GO MINARDI!!!!!!!

Old 22 Apr 2000, 21:35 (Ref:153)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Erm, one more thing.

From our seats at Farm it appeared looking at the giant screen that Erja was dressed in an extremely kinky dress. A bondage outfit maybe?

Old 22 Apr 2000, 21:46 (Ref:154)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Erja's outfit: Maybe to remind a certain Cranky Someone what happens when naughty boys don't get pole position?

I agree about Jacques; it was just bad timing that pushed him down the order. If he'd come out a little bit later in the session he might have pushed Baby Button out of his spot. Then we'd have Jacques and TGF on the same row and where that would have ended up is anybody's guess. Magnificent drive indeed.

I was cheering for Gene when he was in third. Even Murray was cheering for him and said he was "a lot better than we thought he was." No more rubbish about Marc Gene the Former Accountant these days!

FRENZY FOR WDC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23 Apr 2000, 02:15 (Ref:155)   #14
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rubens got pole in the WEt meaning he is a better driver than Shuey and DC and Mika. He will be WDC if Jacques somehow retires b4 him.

Otherwise Jacques for WDC man and I really want to watch qualyfying. Wish we had it on TV
Old 23 Apr 2000, 09:09 (Ref:156)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by allan quirk:
Rubens will be World Champ within 5 years.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like a good joke!
Old 24 Apr 2000, 23:39 (Ref:158)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But by then Minardi would have the number 1 power supply, still have the number 3 chassis and will take the championship with Gene (so long as he persists with the current car)
Old 25 Apr 2000, 06:06 (Ref:157)   #17
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Peter, it is not impossible. Luca di Montezomolo has indicated that he would not sign MS for 2003 and instead Ferrari would prefer the 'next' MS. So if Rubens manages to persist at Ferrari he would go for the title in 2003.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 17:04 (Ref:159)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Crash Teast, you are evil.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 21:29 (Ref:160)   #19
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Grrrrrrrrrr

Old 26 Apr 2000, 03:27 (Ref:161)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was being serious, WHO PUT THAT SMILEY THERE??

What if Gene goes to Ferrari?
Old 26 Apr 2000, 10:43 (Ref:162)   #21
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Marc can't go to FERRARI!!!!!!!

Erm.... DAMN.
Old 26 Apr 2000, 12:04 (Ref:163)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
But then what if Schumacher goes to Minardi?

This just my theory on how the season will finish:
TGF and Mika will be tied for points. Ron Dennis moons TGF on the start line, spooked he crashes into Mika, but damages his car, and Mika wins on a count back. Ferrari and the public have had enough of Schumachers crappy last race of the season crashing excuses. Ferrari dump him, and Bernie makes him do another safe driving course. Miniardi picks TGF for a steal (they find him on the side of the autobahn with a sign reading "will race for food"). TGF wins the world championship, and enjoys the loaf of wholemeal bread he gets for his efforts.