Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Dec 2011, 11:23 (Ref:3003510)   #101
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest I think that the championship is almost always won by the team that get away with "cheating" the most. My (perhaps cynical) view is that all the top / competitive teams are bending / exploiting the rules and the winning team is the one that gets the furthest without being told off.

Once everybody finds out about one teams exploit they all copy it, blown diffusors, Fducts are recent examples.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 15:21 (Ref:3003583)   #102
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
To be honest I think that the championship is almost always won by the team that get away with "cheating" the most. My (perhaps cynical) view is that all the top / competitive teams are bending / exploiting the rules and the winning team is the one that gets the furthest without being told off.

Once everybody finds out about one teams exploit they all copy it, blown diffusors, Fducts are recent examples.
If this is the case, then the FIA/lawmakers only have themselves to blame when writing in too many "grey areas" into the rules.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 23:32 (Ref:3003741)   #103
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
If this is the case, then the FIA/lawmakers only have themselves to blame when writing in too many "grey areas" into the rules.
meh had that debate on here several times already but I cant see it changing any time soon. Id argue its more because of the lack of any scope for the teams to improve their car rather than the rules being too loose. Once theyve maxed out what they are "allowed" to do it becomes who can bend the rules the furthest.
Old 24 Dec 2011, 23:36 (Ref:3004061)   #104
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
And I also don't understand the point he makes about braking. Unless it's ABS (which I doubt could be implemented secretly), what kind of driver aid enables someone to brake later?
Presumably if you know you can get on the power earlier without anything untoward happening you can afford to brake later.

My views on this whole thing are that, yes, Schumacher did have option 13 available until it was discovered and that, yes, Frank Williams should have protested the car at Aida when Senna detected what was going on. The FIA didn't have anyone on board capable of carrying out the necessary software investigation at that stage, but they could have sealed the ECU and sent it to Liverpool Data Associates.

No, I don't think it contributed in any way towards Senna's state of mind at Imola and no, I don't think his championship should be taken away now. What's done is done. It simply confirms my distaste for the people involved.

The penalty the FIA imposed after the Villeneuve incident in '97 was about as feeble and disgraceful as it's possible to get In effect it was a non-penalty, because it changed nothing and did not act as a deterrent in any way. No wonder he continued to drive in that fashion.
Old 25 Dec 2011, 06:50 (Ref:3004100)   #105
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Schumacher's career tally includes the '97 wins and points - they just didn't count towards the championship. It always seemed something of a weak penalty to me.
It was a way for the FIA to save face and Schumacher to be "publicly" punished with a pointless penalty. After all, the FIA didn't want to off it's biggest star did it?
Old 4 Jan 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3007299)   #106
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about Verstappen's credibility, I always found him aggressive, a complainant and always pointing fingers to someone else.
As a matter of coincidence he was arrested several times - once for abusing a stranger, several times for abusing his spouse, now being his ex-wife -, convicted once and was arrest again today. Now he is suspected of attempted murder or manslaughter on his current (ex-)girlfriend. Under normal circumstances, would anyone believe a statement of such a person?
Old 4 Jan 2012, 19:53 (Ref:3007311)   #107
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest View Post
Talking about Verstappen's credibility, I always found him aggressive, a complainant and always pointing fingers to someone else.
As a matter of coincidence he was arrested several times - once for abusing a stranger, several times for abusing his spouse, now being his ex-wife -, convicted once and was arrest again today. Now he is suspected of attempted murder or manslaughter on his current (ex-)girlfriend. Under normal circumstances, would anyone believe a statement of such a person?
According to the Holy Bible, God killed or ordered the killing of over 2,000,000 individuals and even flooded the entire Earth on one occasion, and yet...........

Last edited by Marbot; 4 Jan 2012 at 20:08.
Old 5 Jan 2012, 21:19 (Ref:3007876)   #108
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
According to the Holy Bible, God killed or ordered the killing of over 2,000,000 individuals and even flooded the entire Earth on one occasion, and yet...........
Yeah and that makes us all brothers and sisters of Noah and his wife? It's unbelievable that there are people out there stupid enough to believe this absurdity.

Anyway, I didn't realise Jos was such a scumbag. I wouldn't believe anything he says now regarding why he was a joke against Schumacher. Attempted murder? gosh.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3007962)   #109
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Yeah and that makes us all brothers and sisters of Noah and his wife? It's unbelievable that there are people out there stupid enough to believe this absurdity.
Credit where credit's due. Noah and his wife managed to repopulate the planet with enough individuals to enable the Egyptians to build their Pyramids just three centuries later. Think about that. That's a lot of 'begetting' going on there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Anyway, I didn't realise Jos was such a scumbag. I wouldn't believe anything he says now regarding why he was a joke against Schumacher. Attempted murder? gosh.
Yes, he's not a particularly nice individual, but who are we to judge?
Old 6 Jan 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3008074)   #110
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Yes, he's not a particularly nice individual, but who are we to judge?
Over 100 posts [8 pages] to this point, much of it giving credence to the views of a convicted criminal, whose just been arrested again, and who was firmly buried on the track by a Michael Schumacher in his prime. At best it could be considered sour grapes. Jos... best off keeping your mouth shut and stop beating up women !
Old 6 Jan 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3008176)   #111
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Over 100 posts [8 pages] to this point, much of it giving credence to the views of a convicted criminal, whose just been arrested again, and who was firmly buried on the track by a Michael Schumacher in his prime. At best it could be considered sour grapes. Jos... best off keeping your mouth shut and stop beating up women !
Yes, there are two issues. One is that Verstappen is a bad person and the other is that Verstappen claims to have not had the same equipment that Schumacher had. But he's not the only one who suspected that. That's the issue that is being dealt with in this thread.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3008205)   #112
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
That is a fair point, who or what a person is has nothing to do with a thread about whether cars were bent or not!
Old 6 Jan 2012, 16:17 (Ref:3008210)   #113
barnettracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dorset
barnettracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That is a fair point, who or what a person is has nothing to do with a thread about whether cars were bent or not!
That's not strictly true, if said person was a liar (proven or assumed) then it calls into question the validity of any statement given by said person.

Not that I'm calling Jos a liar (just a woman-beating thug). And I'm only really playing devil's advocate with you here. This is starting to get off topic...
Old 6 Jan 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3008258)   #114
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No need to qualify it, Jos is a convicted thug.

Hopefully he receives an appropriate sentence and he's inside for a very long time.
Old 6 Jan 2012, 18:48 (Ref:3008306)   #115
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This thread has gone wild with comments that have nothing to do with the subject proposed.

To avoid possible infractions to off-topic comments and to keep the friendly attitude of our forum...

THREAD CLOSED