Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:05 (Ref:4021592)   #251
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Exactly, he’s proved he’s worthy of a top seat. Another drive either maintains the status quo or unproved it!

He's shown what he is capable of in one race, however can he sustain that? That's why I think Merecedes need to give him another go at Abu Dhabi.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:07 (Ref:4021596)   #252
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Thanks Rwill, sounds about right
Another thing that popped in my head after toto blamed the walkie talkies, is I wonder if they do radio checks with the crew before calling them to get ready for a stop. If not, I bet it's a new protocol moving forward! Maybe out of the ground only a few are listening at all times, and they alert the group? But in that rush, maybe there wasn't time for a radio check, and not enough were listening at that moment? Who knows, like I said, I have no knowledge of how they do about the communication during the race with the crew, or if the whole crew is listening to team radio at all times, or if it's just a few or what. Just guessing at this point.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:11 (Ref:4021597)   #253
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Didn't Russel say that he was almost at pit entry when he was called in? If so perhaps the crew expected Bottas to be first.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:12 (Ref:4021598)   #254
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Another thing that popped in my head after toto blamed the walkie talkies, is I wonder if they do radio checks with the crew before calling them to get ready for a stop. If not, I bet it's a new protocol moving forward! Maybe out of the ground only a few are listening at all times, and they alert the group? But in that rush, maybe there wasn't time for a radio check, and not enough were listening at that moment? Who knows, like I said, I have no knowledge of how they do about the communication during the race with the crew, or if the whole crew is listening to team radio at all times, or if it's just a few or what. Just guessing at this point.
Do me a favour i am quite sure AMG Mercedes F1 don't need any advice for anybody on any forum about how to run a radio system . When exactly would they have done the pre message radio check? They responded to an instant situation - a SC - which is why they double stacked . No doubt it will be a 50c part such as a switch but sometimes Stuff just happens?.........
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:16 (Ref:4021599)   #255
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Do me a favour i am quite sure AMG Mercedes F1 don't need any advice for anybody on any forum about how to run a radio system . When exactly would they have done the pre message radio check? They responded to an instant situation - a SC - which is why they double stacked . No doubt it will be a 50c part such as a switch but sometimes Stuff just happens?.........
Wow, that was hostile out of nowhere. Did you miss where I said I was just guessing? Did you miss the question Mark's? Where did I say they needed my advice? Not sure what of what I wrote got you so upset, but ok....

Or, channelling Adam, forum members opinions obviously not needed, shut down the site, nothing to do here...
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:22 (Ref:4021600)   #256
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RWill2073. Opinions needed. Obviously. If you have taken anything different then you’ve missed the point. Also taking what people actual say on board wouldn’t go a miss rather than just wanting to score points on the internet. Channeling 10-10ths approach, rather than Twitter.

How they are expressed is the important bit. No need to be so dismissive, billy beach.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:25 (Ref:4021601)   #257
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Do me a favour i am quite sure AMG Mercedes F1 don't need any advice for anybody on any forum about how to run a radio system.
Well, to state the bleedin' obvious, on Sunday they clearly did.....
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:27 (Ref:4021603)   #258
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not wishing to take this conversation off (the present) topic, but does anyone know whether Lewis can make Abu Dhabi?
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4021605)   #259
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He appears to be optimistic....

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...A5KpuiasG.html

...subject to a negative test, of course.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4021606)   #260
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
RWill2073. Opinions needed. Obviously. If you have taken anything different then you’ve missed the point. Also taking what people actual say on board wouldn’t go a miss rather than just wanting to score points on the internet. Channeling 10-10ths approach, rather than Twitter.

How they are expressed is the important bit. No need to be so dismissive, billy beach.
For the record, I was just going for a joke in your style, but I can't pull it off like you
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:48 (Ref:4021611)   #261
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry for taking it the wrong way

I should have assumed positive intent
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:53 (Ref:4021613)   #262
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Not wishing to take this conversation off (the present) topic, but does anyone know whether Lewis can make Abu Dhabi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He appears to be optimistic....

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...A5KpuiasG.html

...subject to a negative test, of course.
I read it would be difficult with immigration/quarantine arrangements yesterday, but then quickly after they were hopeful.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...r-abu-dhabi-gp

As Ayse says, he’s not tested positive yet, but another, later, article said that in theory should do.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...habi-gp-return

And the latest on Autosport is that he got up and felt great today.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15...-hardest-weeks
Old 8 Dec 2020, 17:54 (Ref:4021614)   #263
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He is on the mend.

The champ is coming back.

Fear him. *

*subject to negative test
Old 8 Dec 2020, 18:01 (Ref:4021616)   #264
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I keep noticing on social media posts along the lines of "Hamilton, show us you are a true sportsman and let Russell drive again", it is really frequent and odd. Did the bots get bored of posting "WTO Let's Go!" or something?
Old 8 Dec 2020, 18:15 (Ref:4021620)   #265
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post

He tested positive on Monday, 30th and there is 14 day self-isolation period. The event starts this Friday with the FP sessions, so he should have to remain in self-isolation.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 18:20 (Ref:4021621)   #266
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I keep noticing on social media posts along the lines of "Hamilton, show us you are a true sportsman and let Russell drive again", it is really frequent and odd. Did the bots get bored of posting "WTO Let's Go!" or something?
That is odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
He tested positive on Monday, 30th and there is 14 day self-isolation period. The event starts this Friday with the FP sessions, so he should have to remain in self-isolation.
One of the Autosport articles speculated he could miss Friday practice, but would need to do at least take part in qualifying.

All depends not the rules and what was agreed with F1 for Abu Dhabi.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 18:23 (Ref:4021622)   #267
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
From my couch, with no real insight, I heard toto and just took it as a manager not publicly throwing anyone under the bus. The walkytalky thing was just an easy way to drop the subject.
for those who haven't used the radio systems...

what toto said made sense. you can get overlaps when two people talk at once. the system prioritises certain users over others, and it sounds like the two different car groups had a difference in priorities that caused the russell call to be missed.

in the simple systems in non-f1 teams (what i'm familiar with), it usually operates on several channels. each car has a channel, and you can set up each radio accordingly. eg someone not involved in one specific car can have both, and one cars messages will take priority over the other. the risk of clashes (and cost) is why many teams outside f1 operate with just a few two way sets, many are listen only and nobody speaks unless absolutely necessary.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 20:17 (Ref:4021636)   #268
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
...and nobody speaks unless absolutely necessary.

Sounds like a mantra for life...... or at least for those who have to say something (as opposed to those who have something to say..... ).
Old 8 Dec 2020, 21:14 (Ref:4021643)   #269
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Compared with offshore radio ops who won't stfu.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 22:00 (Ref:4021646)   #270
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Abu Dhabi government will decide
If he’s clear when he’s in Bahrain and then flys to Abu Dhabi and tests clear again he will race
It’s Abu Dhabi and they are pragmatic with this type of decision
Probably give him a suite in Emirates Palace .
Old 9 Dec 2020, 00:26 (Ref:4021664)   #271
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
for those who haven't used the radio systems...

what toto said made sense. you can get overlaps when two people talk at once. the system prioritises certain users over others, and it sounds like the two different car groups had a difference in priorities that caused the russell call to be missed.

in the simple systems in non-f1 teams (what i'm familiar with), it usually operates on several channels. each car has a channel, and you can set up each radio accordingly. eg someone not involved in one specific car can have both, and one cars messages will take priority over the other. the risk of clashes (and cost) is why many teams outside f1 operate with just a few two way sets, many are listen only and nobody speaks unless absolutely necessary.
Good summary Bella.

“The radio system knows to prioritise the messages coming from Ron because the most important thing is the tyres are there, more so than whenever a driver says or whatever someone else in the crew might say but it looks like there is a period whereby the system is deciding to let the prioritised message through, we missed a key bit of the broadcast such that half of the tyre collectors didn’t get the message and it looks like half of them did.”

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...-it-went-wrong