Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3297540)   #26
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I really despise this whole branding scam thing. The way Toyota has branded the GT86 a SCION in the states. and the way Honda will brand the NSX an Acura in the states but a Honda europe etc.
It is an Acura. It always has been in the U.S. This time its made in the U.S.

Btw, the NSX is in GT500 and the CR-Z is in GT300.

Last edited by TF110; 1 Sep 2013 at 22:41.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3297541)   #27
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I can't tell if you just skipped over what I said or misunderstood. I said " it has been branded an Acura in the states" and a "Honda" in Europe. Honda owns Acura so lets not get into semantics Thank You.

Last edited by Articus; 1 Sep 2013 at 22:47.
Old 1 Sep 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3297559)   #28
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thats not what I meant. This car is made and designed by the guys at Acura. A different division to Honda, so this time around its not just a rebadge. Well, at least in the U.S.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3297571)   #29
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
A GTE effort Seems they don't plan to have any SuperGT GT300 factory/Customer effort, that's the "bad news".

The good news is a GTE effort more probably presumes a factory effort out of Japan and also that enforces hybrids into the GT Racing scene, seems Honda/Acura leads the hybrid race in GTs, forcing a new set of rules about the energy recovered.
Have you read some kind of GTE programme confirmation that no one else has?
Old 2 Sep 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3297573)   #30
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Thats not what I meant. This car is made and designed by the guys at Acura. A different division to Honda, so this time around its not just a rebadge. Well, at least in the U.S.
I'll have you know that it is in fact Honda R&D America that is carrying out development of the NSX which will be sold in America as Acura and Honda everywhere else in the world. This car is not being made and designed by "guys at Acura" who are some other division with a different vision for the car. And yes it is merely an american re-badge of a Honda to an Acura. There seems to be confusion over who owns who. Have no fear. Honda owns Acura. A project like the NSX is Honda's doing completely. They are merely trying to boost Acura's image in it's main market by doing the rebadge. The exact same way that Toyota has treated the GT86.

Last edited by Articus; 2 Sep 2013 at 00:27.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 00:48 (Ref:3297581)   #31
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Honda Japan designed the NSXv2 in Japan!

American Honda R&D and some borrowed JDM R&D personal are in charge of the suspension,chassis tuning and assembly process.After 18 months of testing mules with many different suspensions the American team just built the very first pre-production model(first VIN #) and sent it to Japan so the bosses can test it(approve or disapprove).Then next year they will do endurance,weather and test it at public tracks(Ring) to compare to comp.

On Sale Dec 2014

And its being design from day one as a Acura then later on rebadge as a Honda.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 02:31 (Ref:3297598)   #32
TF110
Veteran

United States
Thank you. I don't see why there needs to be an argument. Its being built in the U.S. by Acura and had a big part in the design. And Lexus only shares one car with Toyota, the ES being that car (excluding the suv's of course). As long as it races it doesn't matter what its called.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3297605)   #33
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
No offense but here it says designed and made and above it says "built". Which are apparently all wrong see below . That is Honda R&D as stated. I don't think you can claim you were correct all along.

Quote:
Thank you. I don't see why there needs to be an argument. Its being built in the U.S. by Acura and had a big part in the design. And Lexus only shares one car with Toyota, the ES being that car (excluding the suv's of course). As long as it races it doesn't matter what its called.
Also what does Lexus have to do with any of this? How did you throw that in there?

Last edited by Articus; 2 Sep 2013 at 03:36. Reason: see below
Old 2 Sep 2013, 03:34 (Ref:3297611)   #34
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Acura builds no cars!

JDM
AHM
HondaUK
ThaiHonda
HondaBrazil
HondaMalaysia
HondaIndia

They build Acura/Honda cars.

Acura is just a marketing name.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 03:38 (Ref:3297612)   #35
Articus
Veteran

:evill:
Old 2 Sep 2013, 04:00 (Ref:3297615)   #36
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
If plans fall in place we could see Peter Cunningham behind the wheel of a NSX next year in WC.

Plan.....Honda doesn't want to pull the hybrid system out to race it.

Marketing.....Race(Win) on Sunday,sell on Monday.

So they want it to be hybrid GT.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3297616)   #37
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
No offense but here it says designed and made and above it says "built". Which are apparently all wrong see below . That is Honda R&D as stated. I don't think you can claim you were correct all along.

Also what does Lexus have to do with any of this? How did you throw that in there?
You mentioned Lexus first of all. Second build and made are the same meaning. To construct. If its an Acura its made, built, constructed, put together, assembled; whichever connotation you choose.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 04:58 (Ref:3297623)   #38
Articus
Veteran

The point is Acura is not building/making/creating/spawning/designing nada which you seem to believe in all your prior post. Save it.

I think Honda is in the awkward position of building a car that is 4wd and then racing as a rwd but Audi and Nissan did it so why not.

Come to think Honda is actually quite involved in racing already. They have SGT, F1, Sportscar, MotoGP. They probably compete in more mainstream motorsports than anyone gives credit for.

Last edited by Articus; 2 Sep 2013 at 05:24.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3297719)   #39
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Have you read some kind of GTE programme confirmation that no one else has?
No i don't have more info than you, a WEC program presumes some factory involvement minimum in term of driver lineups, mostly what makes the difference, anyway I don't see them shining in the WEC unless a factory effort.

Don't see you discussing the most important of this article, how will be balanced hybrids with no hybrids? The ERS gives advantage to hybrids.

Last edited by urdragon; 2 Sep 2013 at 10:13.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3297723)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, discussing something interesting would be very good.....
Old 2 Sep 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3298034)   #41
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:

The point is Acura is not building/making/creating/spawning/designing nada which you seem to believe in all your prior post. Save it.

I think Honda is in the awkward position of building a car that is 4wd and then racing as a rwd but Audi and Nissan did it so why not.

Come to think Honda is actually quite involved in racing already. They have SGT, F1, Sportscar, MotoGP. They probably compete in more mainstream motorsports than anyone gives credit for.
Its an Acura car right? Thats like saying a Cadillac is a Chevy. We all know its the same core but a different brand designed and intended as such. I hope you realize english is a language used by many and your reading is not always the same as the delivery.
Old 2 Sep 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3298050)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does this agonising over names have to be prolonged for much longer?
Old 2 Sep 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3298087)   #43
TF110
Veteran

United States
No, its not important. Branding may be the least important thing for hope of the NSX being in GT!
Old 3 Sep 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3298571)   #44
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Btw, the NSX is in GT500 and the CR-Z is in GT300.
Quote:
I can't tell if you just skipped over what I said or misunderstood. I said " it has been branded an Acura in the states" and a "Honda" in Europe. Honda owns Acura so lets not get into semantics Thank You.
Quote:
Quote:
I'll have you know that it is in fact Honda R&D America that is carrying out development of the NSX which will be sold in America as Acura and Honda everywhere else in the world. This car is not being made and designed by "guys at Acura" who are some other division with a different vision for the car. And yes it is merely an american re-badge of a Honda to an Acura. There seems to be confusion over who owns who. Have no fear. Honda owns Acura. A project like the NSX is Honda's doing completely. They are merely trying to boost Acura's image in it's main market by doing the rebadge. The exact same way that Toyota has treated the GT86.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Honda Japan designed the NSXv2 in Japan!

American Honda R&D and some borrowed JDM R&D personal are in charge of the suspension,chassis tuning and assembly process.After 18 months of testing mules with many different suspensions the American team just built the very first pre-production model(first VIN #) and sent it to Japan so the bosses can test it(approve or disapprove).Then next year they will do endurance,weather and test it at public tracks(Ring) to compare to comp.

On Sale Dec 2014

And its being design from day one as a Acura then later on rebadge as a Honda.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Acura builds no cars!

JDM
AHM
HondaUK
ThaiHonda
HondaBrazil
HondaMalaysia
HondaIndia

They build Acura/Honda cars.

Acura is just a marketing name.
Quote:
You mentioned Lexus first of all. Second build and made are the same meaning. To construct. If its an Acura its made, built, constructed, put together, assembled; whichever connotation you choose.
Quote:

Quote:
Its an Acura car right? Thats like saying a Cadillac is a Chevy. We all know its the same core but a different brand designed and intended as such. I hope you realize english is a language used by many and your reading is not always the same as the delivery.
Semantics... the badging is all very confusing. Can we move on now?
Old 4 Sep 2013, 00:58 (Ref:3298614)   #45
TF110
Veteran

United States
I think we have. I hope the NSX pushes the ACO to open the class for hybrid cars.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3298619)   #46
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a bit interesting that the GT regulations have fallen behind GT road cars on many fronts. Road cars can have active aero, hybrids, and more horsepower than their race-going counterparts. The NSX is sort of pushing the hand of the FIA/ACO to deal with the ever advancing road car technology. Ratel did have a proposal a while back to allow for this type of thing but haven't about it since.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 02:09 (Ref:3298630)   #47
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It is a bit interesting that the GT regulations have fallen behind GT road cars on many fronts. Road cars can have active aero, hybrids, and more horsepower than their race-going counterparts. The NSX is sort of pushing the hand of the FIA/ACO to deal with the ever advancing road car technology. Ratel did have a proposal a while back to allow for this type of thing but haven't about it since.
It greatly depends on how expensive the base cars are. The Mclaren P1, Ferrari LaFerrari and such have the fancy active aero and hybrid systems but are orders of magnitude more expensive than the Porsche 911 GT3s, Corvettes and even Ferrari 458s racing right now. I know the new GT3 has rear-wheel steering and other gizmos, but letting them bring it in would make BoP even more of a headache than it is now. Certainly, upping the minimum horsepower would put the Porsche 911 and BMW Z4 at an even greater disadvantage.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3299007)   #48
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I know the new GT3 has rear-wheel steering and other gizmos, but letting them bring it in would make BoP even more of a headache than it is now. Certainly, upping the minimum horsepower would put the Porsche 911 and BMW Z4 at an even greater disadvantage.
That's what I (tried to) said, adding the hybrid system to the BoP doesn't make the mixture look quite good, if they have extra power to overtake, and non hybrids not, the BoP will be veeery hard in GT3.

Old 4 Sep 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3299030)   #49
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Something like the new 2014 LMP engine regs incorporated to the current GT regs comes to mind, but also comes to mind that it would be lolliBoP^2.