Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you award it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 2 6.90%
7 10 34.48%
6 6 20.69%
5 2 6.90%
4 3 10.34%
3 2 6.90%
2 2 6.90%
1 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Nov 2020, 12:27 (Ref:4014238)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Emilia Romagna Grand Prix 2020

What score do you award it?
Old 1 Nov 2020, 13:53 (Ref:4014294)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Some really good hot laps and use of pit stops. An old school race from and old school track.

Still just a 6 for me though
Old 1 Nov 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4014295)   #3
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7. Generally a good watch, but that VSC for Hamilton's pit stop, I mean for Ocon's stranded car, did end a fascinating battle for the win.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4014305)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8, because it was good to see a GP back at Imola. It was enjoyable, had a little bit of everything, though that VSC for all of 30 seconds or so for Ocon's car, coincided nicely with Hamilton's pitstop.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 18:26 (Ref:4014360)   #5
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
6 - 1 - 1 = 4
Not too much going on, and too much artificial interference.

6 for the race

A 40 second VSC that only benefits Hamilton. Way to break up what could have been an exciting battle for the 3 podium positions.
We really neds a rule that closes pitlane during VSC: that doesn't benefit nor harm anyone.

And a Safety Car procedure that takes WAAAY too long.

= 4
Old 1 Nov 2020, 18:31 (Ref:4014362)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
6 - 1 - 1 = 4
Not too much going on, and too much artificial interference.

6 for the race

A 40 second VSC that only benefits Hamilton. Way to break up what could have been an exciting battle for the 3 podium positions.
We really neds a rule that closes pitlane during VSC: that doesn't benefit nor harm anyone.

And a Safety Car procedure that takes WAAAY too long.

= 4
What with Russell's off track excursion during the FCY, I was surprised the SC wasn't out for longer.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 20:49 (Ref:4014400)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some good bits especially after the safety car but not a great race so it gets a 5 from me
Old 1 Nov 2020, 20:53 (Ref:4014402)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7, enjoyed the highlights. Felt sorry for Bottas and even more so for Max. Hamilton was very lucky but another couple of laps and he'd have built enough of a lead to get out in front anyway. Some good racing in the midfield.
Old 1 Nov 2020, 20:54 (Ref:4014403)   #9
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
What with Russell's off track excursion during the FCY, I was surprised the SC wasn't out for longer.
The last 3 laps were unnessecary: everything was cleaned up, but they kept on going.
Russel's car was cleaned up faster than Verstappen's
Old 1 Nov 2020, 21:27 (Ref:4014417)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7 - mainly for the rather manic ending.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 00:10 (Ref:4014442)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Fab venue, ordinary race.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 01:40 (Ref:4014446)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That it about sums it up. It was great to be back at Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari, but the race didn’t live up to much, but it happens at times. I just wish we could have a simple easy to follow race, rather than one where everyone has to make a pitstop whether they want/need to or not
Old 2 Nov 2020, 02:54 (Ref:4014455)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
The last 3 laps were unnessecary: everything was cleaned up, but they kept on going.
I must have got distracted.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 06:01 (Ref:4014466)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It developed into an interesting race. The earlier than anticipated stops and use of the hard tyres started the ball rolling. Then, Hamilton delivering the necessary lap time while staying out was good to watch. Finally, some more wheel-to-wheel action started happening. A 7 for me. Classic venue and a good race.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 10:30 (Ref:4014505)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Decent race. Lovely venue. 7
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:25 (Ref:4014516)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
As is always the case. I think it's because of the silly rule about getting everyone bunched up and lapped cars unlapping themselves. The sooner the safety car is kicked into the long grass, the better. Sadly, it won't happen.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 11:29 (Ref:4014517)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave the race a 7. It was pretty soporific in the middle, and such a shame that the best bit was created by the safety car.

To be honest, I don't get what's so wonderful about Imola. If the drivers like it, that's something different and not something that affects me. But as usual it had the daft kerbs and even dafter track limits rules. Perhaps they should have just painted all the kerbs black and said they're a part of the track. Then the drivers could drive to the edge of the track without the threat of a random penalty. It's what they do anyway.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 18:25 (Ref:4014587)   #18
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 for me. Wish the radiator on Gasly's would have held together.
Old 2 Nov 2020, 18:32 (Ref:4014589)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
5 to me. Not enough tension on track was key for me. So it’s feel like that the race action was confined for the pitlane
Old 4 Nov 2020, 13:11 (Ref:4014848)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I gave the race a 7. It was pretty soporific in the middle, and such a shame that the best bit was created by the safety car.

To be honest, I don't get what's so wonderful about Imola. If the drivers like it, that's something different and not something that affects me. But as usual it had the daft kerbs and even dafter track limits rules. Perhaps they should have just painted all the kerbs black and said they're a part of the track. Then the drivers could drive to the edge of the track without the threat of a random penalty. It's what they do anyway.
I reckon they could open up 'Villeneuve' again and have a straight run all thee way from Tamburello chicane down to Tosa.