Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Dec 2020, 15:15 (Ref:4020420)   #26
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
I'm not sure Ericsson was as bad as everyone made him out to be.
Was never going to be a WDC but he held his own against a few decent drivers. Solid peddler and definitely isn't in the Max Chilton conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
He was a worthy F1 driver for sure. Very quick but perhaps not consistent enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Certainly Ericsson had quite a good junior record. FBMW UK and Japanese F3 champ and race winner in British F3 and GP2 ain't bad going. Decent driver, who didn't too bad against his team mates, until Leclerc came along and we know how good he is
....and he's bottom half of pack in indycar....

I was at indycar at road america this year. Was watching from the kink for about 3 laps. Each lap, only one car had a noticeable audible lift. It wasn't marco andretti, or zach veach or anyone else. It was ericson. Of course, this doesn't definitively prove anything, but just an observation that stuck out to me when watching a recent "top driver in the world".
Old 3 Dec 2020, 18:16 (Ref:4020447)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And I would say Indycar has quite a high quality of driving talent, despite what some would say. You have to be a special talent like Alonso to come in there and run at the front like that
Old 3 Dec 2020, 18:56 (Ref:4020453)   #28
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
....and he's bottom half of pack in indycar....

I was at indycar at road america this year. Was watching from the kink for about 3 laps. Each lap, only one car had a noticeable audible lift. It wasn't marco andretti, or zach veach or anyone else. It was ericson. Of course, this doesn't definitively prove anything, but just an observation that stuck out to me when watching a recent "top driver in the world".
I can see why you think that.

Not sure why you are battling the top driver quotation thing round here. I think the majority, if not all, realize that F1 has some stonkingly great drivers, but also some others that aren’t “top 20”. As has always been the case some aren’t just there on merit - like any other series and any other period of time.

I rarely see it elsewhere either.

I just can’t get worked up about this because we could have been annoyed about this at any time over the last 100 years.
Old 3 Dec 2020, 21:51 (Ref:4020479)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Exactly, F1 doesn’t necessarily have the 20 best drivers, however that to me F1 isn’t the be all and end all, even if I feel the limited number of teams on the current grid means quite a few drivers are missing out on the opportunity
Old 3 Dec 2020, 22:08 (Ref:4020483)   #30
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Certainly Ericsson had quite a good junior record. FBMW UK and Japanese F3 champ and race winner in British F3 and GP2 ain't bad going. Decent driver, who didn't too bad against his team mates, until Leclerc came along and we know how good he is
And he wasn't completely blown out of the water by Leclerc either. Albeit in Charles' rookie year. Put them both in an Alfa now and it's probably a different story.

Ultimately, Ericsson probably spent as much time in F1 as his talent deserved. Solid few seasons and then slip away to another series.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 08:54 (Ref:4021531)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quietly decent job by P Fitti at the weekend given the circumstances?
Old 8 Dec 2020, 09:16 (Ref:4021534)   #32
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He seemed to be stroking it along okay, keeping in touch with those in front, and finished 3 seconds off Aitken at the end. His fastest lap was two tenths of Magnussen's, so well done to him.
Old 8 Dec 2020, 12:51 (Ref:4021566)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

I thought it was a solid job too. Just fed himself in and got used to the car. We’ll see what he can do in Abu Dhabi now he’s got race mileage