Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:28 (Ref:929604)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Taku!

Great to see Takuma finally starting to come good and show some of the form he did back here in F3. Long may it continue.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:32 (Ref:929611)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ditto. disappointed with his small mistake today, but at least it let Button get on the podium again.

Good dice with Alonso and great fight back to 5th!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:34 (Ref:929615)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed.

And it was Ralf at fault in the collision.

The same thing happened later with DC and Sato and they both got through cleanly.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:34 (Ref:929617)   #4
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yeh well done Taku....

also Jenson probably lucked out with JPM's problem and getting the podium... but he did well to stay in there and push out Trulli.... to be 5 secs behind JPM after 3 stops is a good effort and after that obviously JPM's gear broke
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:35 (Ref:929620)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah..one of the better drives today..he did well to hold his position ahead of Alonso, and raced well against others...pity about the error and the knock with Ralf.

When would the "investigation" of the incident between him/Ralf be concluded?
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:36 (Ref:929628)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Great race for the BAR team, well done Tak
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:40 (Ref:929636)   #7
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taku must be a reasonably good bet to get at least 1 podium this year.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:42 (Ref:929644)   #8
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nice one Taku.

From the last 3 races, all Ralf said was there wasnt enough room to him, i would like to see what he said this time.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:49 (Ref:929665)   #9
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am just glad that Taku got to the finish line after that insensible *&^% of a bump that Ralf gave him. Hats off to him.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:52 (Ref:929676)   #10
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im sick off the british media saying things like what a dissapointing qualifying Button must be having when Sato is ahead. It does occur to them that Sato is genuinely quick.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:57 (Ref:929693)   #11
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man of the race apart from MS for me.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 13:59 (Ref:929697)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It shows how BAR has moved forward though, that sixth on the grid is now seen as disappointing.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 14:19 (Ref:929735)   #13
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its always nice to see some new faces mixing it up at the front, keeps everyone on their toes!!

BAR really making progress too, great to see them on order under their current management after their shambolic start.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:11 (Ref:929860)   #14
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Forza Taku! A great drive. I predict he'll be pushing Jenson all year now...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:05 (Ref:929913)   #15
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pleasing aspect of Sato's race was the fact that he recovered after his error which maybe is a sign that he's starting to mature as an F1 driver, i hope he can follow that result up with more pleasing results throughout the year.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:08 (Ref:929917)   #16
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Forza Taku! A great drive. I predict he'll be pushing Jenson all year now...
Agree...

(just agreed with you on another post too...great minds)
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:51 (Ref:930017)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kicking-back
And it was Ralf at fault in the collision.
I meant his error that allowed Jenson to pass him.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:03 (Ref:930033)   #18
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Sato San spins or commit mistakes, I always say he has still lots of lessons to learn... But today....he was superb in handling all the preassures he encountered and had contained well his mistakes... he raced so fairly and impressively...'just hope it will last and see him moving to higher levels...he has always that problem of braking so lately though....always....
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:06 (Ref:930038)   #19
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
* Chokes on large slice of Humble pie *

Yep,hats off great drive.
I always knew he'd be back
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:10 (Ref:930042)   #20
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Heebeegeetee
Man of the race apart from MS for me.
:confused: :confused: Huh??

Taku did very well to recover and finish in the points. Hopefully he will have less incidents in the upcoming races. When he was ahead of JB he was holding him up slightly. In some ways his running wide helped the team. JB began to set times comparable with Montoya after he got pass.

Again, great job. If he can avoid the problems and if people dont hit him I am sure he can get a podium this year. I would even say a win but the Ferraris are just too good.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:17 (Ref:930046)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This isn't about Jenson but I felt that the two of them were working together. Jenson hung back and only made his move when Taku had his minor off.

Noticed the speed differential after that though.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:43 (Ref:930083)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was a shame he had that one mistake, because he has been good all weekend. Another driver I enjoyed watching.

His racing, and particular, his time close with Ralf and DC was great. Proved his point against Ralf by showing how it should be done against DC - great!
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:08 (Ref:930203)   #23
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good 'mature' interview after too.

Sensible comments - ace guy!

Having said that, how flippin tall is he and does he buy his trousers at Mothercare?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 00:17 (Ref:930349)   #24
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's no need for Button to be embarrased about qualifying second to this guy. Sato is the real deal, and he will surpass Button a few more times this year. He'll keep Jenson on his toes!

Danica Patrick
Old 5 Apr 2004, 04:04 (Ref:930469)   #25
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fighting drive from a fighting driver. Well done Taku, but keep it up.