Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:05 (Ref:929851)   #26
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
RALF :
The collision with Sato was an unfortunate race incident, from my point of view, however, he was a bit optimistic in thinking to get back the position he had simply just lost.

ok racing incident fair enough....

i disagree with ralf because eventhough he was a nose ahead... they probably had equal oppurtunity to take the position.
racing incident probably....
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:09 (Ref:929855)   #27
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf fan,

Honestly mate, not being funny, what precisely are you a fan of?
I mean, each to his own and all that, but I can't see one single aspect of Ralfs persona to be a fan of.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:11 (Ref:929859)   #28
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was an interesting conversation between martin and james during the race about ralf and is he worth the 60 mil move to toyota next season that has been talked about. If things continue the way they are i think sir frank will be looking for not 1 but 2 new drivers for next season. I think ralf was under the impression that he would have a car that could win this years championship (and so did the rest of us after those pre-season testing times) and this has made him well to be frank p---ed off. Maybe thats the reason for his drop off in performance but then again a 60m driver would be able to turn that around wouldnt they?
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:12 (Ref:929863)   #29
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When a horse is dead sick, people shoot it to put it out of it's misery.
Would someone please shoot Ralf now...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:19 (Ref:929867)   #30
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
He was naughty in both incidents. I am particularly frustrated as Fisi might have gotten a point, if Ralf hadn't been such an idiot.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:34 (Ref:929879)   #31
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf got a warning for the crash with Sato.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:39 (Ref:929884)   #32
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Sato had retired, I think the punishment would have been a ten place grid-demotion for Imola.

As Sato finished, and finished strongly, he's got away with it.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:41 (Ref:929886)   #33
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf's drive was a rather embarrassing one & if Toyota sign him for next year then it will be a long time before they're competitive as to have gone since France without a podium is too long when you are sitting in the second best car in the field.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 16:48 (Ref:929894)   #34
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I concurr, another poor race from Ralf who once again got all giddy when in close proximity to another car.

I can't imagine anyone watching from Toyota would be too quick to get Ralf's CV out of the envelope, on that performance, but then again they seem to have allegedly seen something in Ralf that many haven't.

A poor performance and no amount of excuses can cover the fact that at this level as an 'all round' driver Ralf isn't top drawer (IMO).
Old 4 Apr 2004, 17:50 (Ref:929959)   #35
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To add to it all, what must surely be quote of the race from Ralf....

"All in all, I am not too disappointed because I have seen from the data that I was running close to Ferrari's pace, whenever I had free track ahead."

LOL - you couldn't make it up! Bearing in mind that Patrick Head conversely rated Ralf's race as a "bloody mess"....

Looks like a good week ahead for Ralf's contract talks having advertised his 'skill's' infront of several prospective employers....(allegedly according to W Weber)
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:24 (Ref:929986)   #36
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Bloody hell. So Ralf thinks its good that his data shows he was sat in a definite third place car, but ran around mid grid bumping into everyone and everythink.

I mean, the only better quote than that could be " I reckon if the others didn't show up I coulda won that one"...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:25 (Ref:929990)   #37
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Mind you, at least unlike Rubens, he didn't blame the 'rain'!

Blimey, compared to this lot, Nigel Mansell was an amateur when it came to excuses.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 18:50 (Ref:930014)   #38
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I WAS a Ralf fan until today, in fact i'm going to change my signature. I have just switched on my computer to find out the stewards verdict and cannot believe it's nothing. Also schumacher said '"It was a racing incident,He was a bit optimistic to think that he could immediately get back the position he had just lost." WHAT! Has the man's contacts clouded over? I cannot believe he has not been given a penalty. What is the stewards reasoning for letting him get away with this? I think that the FIA should start making Schumacher race a week behind everyone else in the interest of saftey.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:22 (Ref:930054)   #39
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Sato had retired because of it I may have sent him the hate mail of the month. A warning is not exactly punishment but its only one race. I say if he makes a mess of the next race then he should be really punished. Maybe he still thinks his Williams is leagues ahead of the BAR. Sorry RS, you are wrong there. Or maybe he expeted Sato to roll over and play dead. Sato? Play dead? That will never happen. Sato may be the most aggressive racer I've wittnessed in F1.

RS was clearly embarrassed by his performance today and attempting to save face. He needs to have a drink and try to move on.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:24 (Ref:930056)   #40
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign of stress, Phsyco effect,..etc...if he can't put a decent race at Imola, everyone will be re-thinking over him...he lost one just now!

Poor Ralf...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:36 (Ref:930075)   #41
hamsmith
Racer

hamsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can teams 'release' drivers from there contracts early if the performance isn't up to scratch. As a Williams fan i'm disapointed that one car was going to be a podium finnisher again and the other was just about making it in the points. Put someone else in the car please. Villeneuve will do.(sorry)
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:46 (Ref:930091)   #42
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone else think his 'argy bargy' manner might not be due to his sportscar racing days? Perhaps he'd be a star in touring cars...
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:55 (Ref:930104)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with most of what has been said. Ralf was not impressive today. And not a good time for him or Willi!

It helped demonstrate this when Sato gave a lesson in how to race!

And it seems he was too slow on his in-lap after the incident.

to use that quote again, today Ralf('s race) was a "bloody mess".

Last edited by Adam43; 4 Apr 2004 at 19:56.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:55 (Ref:930105)   #44
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hamsmith
Can teams 'release' drivers from there contracts early if the performance isn't up to scratch.
Yes.

The contract guarantees you'll be paid but it doesn't mean the team have to race you.

RS should be benched and Gene put in the race team for a while.

I can't see why any team would want to employ Ralf.

Erratic driver, bad attitude.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:37 (Ref:930147)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Tourer
To add to it all, what must surely be quote of the race from Ralf....

"All in all, I am not too disappointed because I have seen from the data that I was running close to Ferrari's pace, whenever I had free track ahead."
Fantastic.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:58 (Ref:930182)   #46
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Frank, get rid of him please! He's dragging the team down. Patrick said it right. A bloody mess.

As a Williams fan for many years, Ralf's performances from the second half of last season up to now is absolutely sickening.

Millions of pounds of investment to develop a car which is worthy of making some sort of challenge is going down the drain. Because of him.

Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:21 (Ref:930217)   #47
beefy
Racer

United Kingdom
Cornwall
beefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another poor race. He really has proved himself a liability this year.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 02:29 (Ref:930430)   #48
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree.

Ralf is awful in the pack. Toyota would be in midfield too...
Old 5 Apr 2004, 03:04 (Ref:930449)   #49
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I can't add much to everyones assessments of Ralf today, quite a disappointing performance. It seems as though one of his problems is a lack of real, seat of the pants, car control. When he loses it, he loses it. The pressure of his ongoing contract woes is causing him to make a lot of mistakes, and exercise quite poor judgement in the company of his fellow racers. It is going to cost him his drive at Williams, and his chances of employment elsewhere.

Perhaps he needs to go for a long, soul-searching drive on the autobahn .
Old 5 Apr 2004, 03:25 (Ref:930455)   #50
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's not very nice but I LOVE THIS THREAD!
Sorry about that,
Mike