Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Apr 2004, 01:16 (Ref:931708)   #26
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi JohnSSC
Bernie is only TRYING to force the club that owns the circuit to build a new pit complex.He doesn't expect for one second that it will actually be built.It's all to do with screwing them/trying to publicly bad mouth them into renegotiate a better deal in bernies' favour.
When the british GP contract last came up for renewal bernie was playing brands hatch against silverstone to get the best deal for himself.
Then suddenly brands didn't get planning approval to upgrade the track .The company who owned the rights to the brit GP then had to go to silverstone and pay a fair price to use the track.All was going great until they started having cash problems (they paid waaay too much for the rights to the Brit GP).

End result...the good guys of the british racing drivers club that own silverstone get their yearly fee otherwise there is no GP.
The poor shareholders of the company that own the rights to the race are making a loss.
..And poor bernie isn't getting all the millions he screwed them for...oh didums
Old 6 Apr 2004, 02:09 (Ref:931730)   #27
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhh! Thanks RWC! Just as it is here, it is all about the $$$ there also. Shame, really.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 06:57 (Ref:931873)   #28
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
RWC, just to clear one point. Brands Hatch did obtain planning permission. It was only then the government decided it should go to a public enquiry which would have dragged on for at least a year. That is why Octagon then leased Silverstone from the BRDC.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:34 (Ref:932278)   #29
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The situation is the same as with the UK's train service. People frequently comment that France, Germany and Japan have better, more reliable and safer services for less public funding, but they overlook the fact that their rail infrastructure was replaced after WW2, whereas most of ours dates back 150 or more years.

Bahrain and Malaysia have made massive investments to bring F1 to new audiences, appreciating just how big the commercial importance and potential for trade is. Britain spends money on bombing innocents instead.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:46 (Ref:932295)   #30
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by N I Tram
Britain spends money on bombing innocents instead.
Keep the left-wing rants for Parc Ferme - this is an F1 forum.
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:57 (Ref:932306)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Exactly. Please stay on topic.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 02:02 (Ref:932963)   #32
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah! So the topic was F1 train service before WWII to Silverstone??

Seriously, it seems to me like each race then is in imminent danger of being replaced by the next new "super-track." At some point then we will be seeing F1 fleeing the "outdated facilities" at Malaysia for the brand spanking-new facilities in Cambodia or some such at the rate we are going.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.