Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2018, 22:27 (Ref:3870983)   #1
Td1
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Td1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duckhams racing 1985

Hi ref Jon newbold red lotus Cortina i have that car. Saw a thread about it somewhere on here and tried to add to it. If anyone is interested i can reply, i am in contact with jon and have recently seen him in july this year. Cheers Tony.
Td1 is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Dec 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3871075)   #2
Alex E
Racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 423
Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1 View Post
Hi ref Jon newbold red lotus Cortina i have that car. Saw a thread about it somewhere on here and tried to add to it. If anyone is interested i can reply, i am in contact with jon and have recently seen him in july this year. Cheers Tony.
It is in the National & Club racing section, I remember his Cortina.....alex
Alex E is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Dec 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3871276)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 13,424
chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
How long have you had it Tony?
On the ocassions I saw it in the mid 80's it was ridic' quick for a 'road car'

That series was hotly contested. David Shead's Capri RS3100, Alex's 'Batmobile' several handy 3-litre Capris, indecently quick Droopsnoot Firenzas, Dolly Sprints, Lancer Turbos, Rovers.

Huge grids!
chunterer is offline  
Quote
Old 20 Dec 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3871693)   #4
Td1
Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
Td1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
How long have you had it Tony?
On the ocassions I saw it in the mid 80's it was ridic' quick for a 'road car'

That series was hotly contested. David Shead's Capri RS3100, Alex's 'Batmobile' several handy 3-litre Capris, indecently quick Droopsnoot Firenzas, Dolly Sprints, Lancer Turbos, Rovers.

Huge grids!
Hi ive had it since 1999. Plenty of history since ive had it. Ive kept in contact with jon newbold and see him in August this year, he gave me the wheels that was on the car when is was last raced 👍7j split rim revolutions 👍. I have copied the videos from jon and there great to watch, i think they were filmed from a golf gti (chambers) ? He did race a bda mk1 escort then onto a ultima single seater he always said the cortina was the best car. Will try post some photos up cheers Tony
Td1 is offline  
Quote
Old 4 Jan 2019, 18:53 (Ref:3874030)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran
 
chunterer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location:
Down the end of my road
Posts: 13,424
chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1 View Post
Hi ive had it since 1999. Plenty of history since ive had it. Ive kept in contact with jon newbold and see him in August this year, he gave me the wheels that was on the car when is was last raced 👍7j split rim revolutions 👍. I have copied the videos from jon and there great to watch, i think they were filmed from a golf gti (chambers) ? He did race a bda mk1 escort then onto a ultima single seater he always said the cortina was the best car. Will try post some photos up cheers Tony
Sounds great!

Yes there was a Pete, or was it John Chambers in a Golf at the time.

The racing was very competitive.

The Cortina the RS3100 Capri, Derek Wileman's Capri which i'm led to believe may have even had a Swindon tuned Grp1 engine in it!
There was also the Lancer Turbos, Sunbeam, Lotuses before they became the cars to beat and an Avenger Tiger can't recall who but was before Ron Field ran one.
chunterer is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1985/1986 New Zealand Group A Racing - Discussion & Results Jesper OH Motorsport History 37 31 Dec 2017 02:23
1984/1985 New Zealand Group A and E Saloon Car Racing - Discussion & Results brendonwood1 Motorsport History 57 25 Aug 2015 15:58
Duckhams road saloons 1984 Alex E Motorsport History 16 9 Apr 2011 19:29
Duckhams Ford LM Banks Motorsport History 25 16 Mar 2010 20:50
Picture Request - Van Diemen RF87 in Duckhams Oils Colours onenastyviper Club Level Single Seaters 3 4 Jul 2008 09:36


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 21:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.