Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: How do you rate the return to Turkey?
10 9 24.32%
9 12 32.43%
8 7 18.92%
7 3 8.11%
6 3 8.11%
5 1 2.70%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Nov 2020, 10:02 (Ref:4016830)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Turkish Grand Prix 2020

How do you rate the return to Turkey?
Old 15 Nov 2020, 12:04 (Ref:4016867)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A dirty great big fat TEN

That was brilliant.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 12:12 (Ref:4016880)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 15 Nov 2020, 12:58 (Ref:4016901)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 15 Nov 2020, 13:13 (Ref:4016918)   #5
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!

best race in years, and some of the best drives ive seen in years.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 16:39 (Ref:4016989)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10 for the win!
Old 15 Nov 2020, 16:40 (Ref:4016990)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a debacle. Everything that is wrong with modern F1. Hamilton wins again.

Why does this pole not have a zero?
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:44 (Ref:4017027)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not really a race today, but plenty of entertainment and some great drives for some and really poor ones from others gave race a 9
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:46 (Ref:4017030)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not really a race today, but plenty of entertainment and some great drives for some and really poor ones from others gave race a 9
Why wasn't it a race?

Hugely entertaining. 9 from me.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:49 (Ref:4017033)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets just say the conditions made it a different race, not a normal race
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:51 (Ref:4017035)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well lets just say the conditions made it a different race, not a normal race
I'm glad it was a different race, it made a welcome change to a normal race.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:51 (Ref:4017036)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought it was an excellent race and I'd take those conditions every time.....
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:54 (Ref:4017038)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Enthralling. Incident filled. Unpredictable. Lots of race leaders. Last corner battle, Champion Drive by a legend.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 18:59 (Ref:4017043)   #14
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I'm obviously in a minority in voting 8, but although its entertaining, I'm not sure the randomness of the conditions necessarily make it a better race. Maybe I'm just a bit bitter and twisted because my partner caught the lunchtime news and told me Lewis had won........I don't like knowing the result before I watch it, although there was plenty of action and unforeseen ups and downs.....
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:06 (Ref:4017049)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I thought it was an excellent race and I'd take those conditions every time.....
i agree, that is why i gave it a 9, races like that will get people back to F1 whilst the usual Mercedes procession will only speed up it's slow demise.
Can we get the same rain dance performers at say every other race
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:21 (Ref:4017061)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think the circuit 'shake up' has been of huge benefit too. A blessing in disguise....
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:04 (Ref:4017126)   #17
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
9. Excellent entertainment.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:16 (Ref:4017131)   #18
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
What a debacle. Everything that is wrong with modern F1. Hamilton wins again.

Why does this pole not have a zero?
Where the hell are you coming from? The best GP for years – LH coming from 6th on the grid, in dreadful conditions, staking his claim to be one of the greatest drivers of all time and his 7th world title. "Everything that is wrong with modern F1" – Excuse me, WTF do you want? The man's a genius, and F1 should be thankful for his presence.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:40 (Ref:4017138)   #19
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hook
Line
Sinker
Old 15 Nov 2020, 23:46 (Ref:4017140)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
Where the hell are you coming from? The best GP for years – LH coming from 6th on the grid, in dreadful conditions, staking his claim to be one of the greatest drivers of all time and his 7th world title. "Everything that is wrong with modern F1" – Excuse me, WTF do you want? The man's a genius, and F1 should be thankful for his presence.
You missed the bit where I used the wrong poll/pole.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 03:08 (Ref:4017152)   #21
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The great equalizer, Mother Nature, with a little help from A Turkish paving company, made this the best of the year so far. Nine from me.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 06:55 (Ref:4017163)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good and momentous, of course. An 8 from me. Could have done with a bit more overtaking, though (to be picky) - a lot of the places were quite settled. Still awesome, though.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 08:28 (Ref:4017178)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think the circuit 'shake up' has been of huge benefit too. A blessing in disguise....
This has honestly been my favourite season ever. The right length and almost non-stop great tracks.

Next year's calendar makes me feel physically ill. I am dreading it.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 09:33 (Ref:4017187)   #24
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Could have done with a bit more overtaking,
I was finding that a bit frustrating too. But with a wet track and a drying line (and no DRS for most of the race) it was inevitable. I think most overtakes were done when the driver in front made a mistake, which fortunately was pretty often.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 10:47 (Ref:4017201)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
This has honestly been my favourite season ever. The right length and almost non-stop great tracks.

Next year's calendar makes me feel physically ill. I am dreading it.
I agree. Variety is the spice of life, and this season has been spiced up in unexpected ways. OK, we have to live with/admire* Hamilton's brilliant dominance (*depends on your particular take on things), but there has actually been some great racing on different tracks, tracks that I'd happily see rewarded (as they deserve to be) with fixtures next season.

The lack of DRS for most of the race was a bonus as far as I'm concerned.