Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 2002, 16:56 (Ref:361398)   #76
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's quite inspired in A1-Ring and Suzuka, to be honest.
I think it's a little bit like a "stop and go" track, with a number of heavy braking zones and long straights.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 16:47 (Ref:362176)   #77
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ending my next project... a track around the streets of my hometown, Vilafranca!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 20:52 (Ref:362385)   #78
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ohhh there's already the EXCELLENT track arount the streets of Norwich!! SUPERB it is. Seriously, they should do it!!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 21:21 (Ref:362414)   #79
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I haven't seen that one!
Old 28 Aug 2002, 09:49 (Ref:367242)   #80
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't put a track up here for a while now. But I've got two more to pop on here.

The first one is Vorsley Raceway.
Attached Images

Old 28 Aug 2002, 10:16 (Ref:367252)   #81
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vorsley runs clockwise.

Turn 1 is at the end of the long main straight. It's flat and quite tight. It is the best passing spot on the track.

There is a short, flat run to turns 2 & 3. Turns 2 & 3 is a very fast right-left esses section and is also flat.

Turn 4 is a long, right-hand carousel corner. Between 3 & 4, the track goes slightly uphill. On the approach to turn 4 is a slight left kink where the track flattens out for the carousel. Out of the carousel is another slight, left kink, very similar to the one on the entry.

Next is turn 5 - a very fast, downhill, left turn.

Shortly after turn 5 is the braking area for the turns 6 & 7 left-right esses. The first part of this section is flat, while the right turn is uphill.

The track continues uphill untill the braking zone for turn 8, where the track begins to run slightly downhill. Turn 8 is shortly after turn 7, and is the slowest corner on the track. It is a very tight right-hander. At the apex of 8, the track flattens.

Not long after turn 8, is another esses section, here turns 9 & 10 is a right left section. It is faster than the previous esses complex, and is downhill.

Turn 11 is a very fast left, not long after 10. The track continues downhill through this turn.

Pretty soon after 11 is turn 12. This is a slower, medium speed left. From the entry of 12, the track begins uphill.

Turn 13 is over a crest. The track continues uphill to the entry of 13, where the track flattens out. This turn is yet another fast left.

Shortly after 13, the track begins going slightly uphill again to turn 14. Turn 14 is a right hairpin. The track continues uphill through this turn. Turn 14 is a slight chance for a passing opportunity.

Out of turn 14, the track is still going uphill. Midway between 14 & 15, the track begins to go ever so slightly downhill.

15 & 16 is another esses section. However, this one is for all you hairy-chested, fast corner freaks. It is right-left, very slightly downhill and fast.

Shortly after 16, the track flattens out again. There is a shute before turn 17. Turn 17 is a slow, flat, tricky right hander. It is another tough chance to pass. It is quite tight, but opens up in a slightly awkward manner.

Turn 18 is nothing more than a kink onto the main straight.
Attached Images

Old 28 Aug 2002, 10:20 (Ref:367257)   #82
mac
Veteran

And here is the second - Peacock Park.

This is one of my all-time faves, that I have ever done.
Attached Images

Old 28 Aug 2002, 10:58 (Ref:367299)   #83
mac
Veteran

As stated previously, I love this track. I reckon it would be an awesome drive, and would produce great racing, and great spectating.

The main straight is flat. As is the slow, tight right-hander at turn 1. This is the best place to pass on the track.

Out of turn 1 is a short straight to turn 2. Turn 2 is a flat, fast right-hand turn.

Immediately after 2, is the braking zone for the chicane. Turns 3 & 4 is quite a slow, right-left chicane and is also flat.

Out of 4 is a short shute to the fast left-right esses section. The turn 5 & 6 esses is uphill and fast. Just after the apex of the right, turn 6 part of these esses, the track flattens out, creating a crest.

Turn 7 is merely a flat-out, left kink between 6 & 8. From the apex of turn 7, the track begins to run slightly downhill. The run between 6 & 8 builds up some good speed for the ultra-fast turn 8.

Turn 8 is very fast. It is a double-apex right. It is slightly downhill, and slightly banked. The 1st apex is slightly tighter than the 2nd, and the power is fed on right through the 2nd apex. Did I mention turn 8 is fast?

After turn 8, there is a straight. If you get a good run out of 8, there is a chance to pass going into 9. This straight is slightly uphill. Turn 9 continues slightly uphill and is a very tight right.

Turn 10 is immediately after 9 and is a fast, left. The track continues uphill through turn 10 and flattens out between turns 10 & 11.

Turn 11 is a flat and pretty fast right, shortly after 10.

There is a short shute to the turn 12 right-hander. This is also flat and is probably the slowest corner on the track.

Out of 12 is another short shute to the fast, downhill left at turn 13.

Shortly after 13 is turn 14. 14 is another left. It is faster than 13 and is downhill - but less downhill than 13.

Immediately after 14 is the braking zone for turn 15. At the start of this braking zone, the track flattens out. Turn 15 is a flat, medium-speed left.

The final turn, 16 is soon after 15. It is a right-hander and is also flat, but it is slower than 15. It is important to get a good run out of 16 for the blast up the long, flat main straight. The last two corners would be good for watching drivers flinging cars through corners.

I reckon it would be a super lap.
Attached Images

Old 28 Aug 2002, 17:05 (Ref:367573)   #84
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
These two tracks seem very fast and fun drives. Peacock does look awesome, great flow, and quite fast. I like fast tracks
Old 4 Sep 2002, 05:38 (Ref:372713)   #85
mac
Veteran

Here is my latest track - Pearl Bay.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 05:40 (Ref:372715)   #86
mac
Veteran

Sorry, here it is - Pearl Bay.
Attached Thumbnails
pearlbay1.jpg  
Old 4 Sep 2002, 06:04 (Ref:372726)   #87
mac
Veteran

Pearl Bay is one of my shorter tracks with a total of 14 turns and 3 places to pass.

The main straight is flat. As is turns 1 & 2. These turns make up the chicane at the end of the main straight. This quite tight right-left chicane is the first good passing opportunity.

Out of the chicane is a series of high-speed right kinks. The first one is turn 3 and is straight after turn 2.

Shortly after turn 3 is the fast turn 4. Turn 4 is made up of 2 fast right kinks. Between 3 and 4 is a crest where you begin going slightly downhill.

After turn 4, the track begins going uphill through a very slight right kink, and as the track veers to the left (turn 5), up to turn 6.

Turn 6 is a slow right-hander. The track goes slightly uphill through 6. At the exit of turn 6, the track starts going downhill.

Turn 7 is immediately after 6. It is a downhill left turn and leads into the short shute before the tricky turn 8.

Turn 8 is a fast, downhill and opening left-hander. This is a difficult corner, and the exit is important as it leads onto a straight.

The track continues to veer left for a while after the actual turn 8. When this part straightens out, the track flattens out.

Turn 9 is a slow right at the end of a straight and represents the second good place to pass on the track. Turn 9 is flat.

Out of turn 9, the track begins to go slightly uphill through the fast and tricky turn 10 right-hander.

Just at the entry to turn 11, the track begins to go more steeply uphill. Turn 11 is a fast, uphill left. It is one for the fast corner freaks.

Turn 12 is an even faster turn to the right. On the exit, the track flattens out.

Next is a long, flat straight, leading to turn 13.

Turn 13 is a slow, opening, right hairpin. It is flat, and the last good place to pass on the track.

The last turn is a flat, medium speed left onto the main straight. This is important for a good run onto the main straight.
Attached Thumbnails
pearlbay2.jpg  
Old 4 Sep 2002, 17:36 (Ref:373150)   #88
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
It reminds me of Suzuka, quite fast, and one or two breaks in the middle. Turn 13 would be a good place for last-lap desperados
Old 4 Sep 2002, 21:10 (Ref:373303)   #89
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
OK, here's the street track at my hometown, Vilafranca del Penedès:

The home straight (Balcó de les Clotes) goes first downhill, then flat until the kink that leads to the first hairpin, a zone for overtaking.

After that the track goes again uphill (carrer Progrés) until a 90-degree corner. Then a long curbing street (carrer Eugeni d'Ors) which is very much in the style of Surfers Paradise. There are two little chicanes in the middle of it, which are quite fast.

The straight leads to a decreasing radius corner. After this one, a short chute (carrer AmÃ*lia Soler). Then comes a mid-speed chicane leading to another straight (carrer St. Pere)

Then comes the next overtaking opportunity, a slow corner. Drivers will have to get a good run at the previous chicane to pass here. The short straight that comes after that (Rambla St. Francesc) leads to another slow corner.

Then the straight (Rambla Ntra. Senyora- Carretera d'Igualada) leads to a slow left-right sequence. The subsequent straight (carrer Dr. Zamenhof) brings another 1/2 passing opportunity, another slow corner and a long straight (carrer Barba i Roca/ carrer St. Sadurni) brings us to the last two corners.

The first one is a definite passing opportunity, and the second one is a slow corner just to enter the home straight.

A tough track.
Attached Thumbnails
vilafranca.jpg  
Old 4 Sep 2002, 21:12 (Ref:373307)   #90
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
by the way, "carrer" means street, "carretera" means road, and the little X is where I live!
Old 4 Sep 2002, 22:00 (Ref:373339)   #91
mac
Veteran

That track is the illegitimate love child of Surfers Paradise, Long Beach and Houston. They had a threesome and no-one knows who the father is.

I like the section from the 2nd corner right around to the slow right. I reckon that would be good.

It's fun to do a racetrack around your house. My Hometown track is based on the streets around my house.
Old 5 Sep 2002, 17:17 (Ref:373905)   #92
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I hadn't thought about Long Beach and Houston... but they are all typical street tracks I guess...

I had always dreamed of having a racetrack in my backyard... Maybe I should move to Fiorano or Imola then...
Old 5 Sep 2002, 18:36 (Ref:373972)   #93
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
come out of the last corner and you're into a new lap, the start/finish straight is very short and before you know it, you're already through turn 1 which is flat at around 180mph and once you're through that, you're rapidly approaching turn 2 which is a tight right-hander, tighter than 90 degrees just, but the track falls away slightly - good overtaking point, the track gets wider now and leads into the 2nd part of turn 2 which is a flat-out accelerating corner which leads into a short straight.

once you're on this straight, the track flattens out and turn 3 is up ahead - this is really an approach corner to turns 4+5 but, after turn 3, you've got time before the next corner - turn 4 is a fast 90 and there is a short run up to 5 where it is nearly flat with a short straight to turns 6 and 7 - which are much like turns 4+5 but turn 6 is tighter and turn 7 is flatter-outter. you go into turn 8 which is flat-out and into a long straight which is very wide. cars reach up to 205mph here before the hairpin turn 9 which is a stunning overtaking zone if ever there was one, after this stunning corner, we have a long accelerating corner, turn 10 and a short-medium sized straight into the super-fast turns 11+12 which are taken at near gastronomical speeds of 160-170mph with a short straight between turn 12+the long turn 13 make the approach to turn 14 and very fast one. turn 13 is a gut-wrenching humdinger of a corner - cornering speeds rivalling 4Gs. turn 14 is a light hairpin right, but a good overtaking zone, and now into the mighty lake straight - nigh-on 40 seconds of full-throttle MADNESS!!! speeds in excess of 210mph here for a long time, great slipstreams, and into the turn 15 and run-in to turn 16 the last corner of the track, still doing 210mph when you reack braking - perhaps the most hair-raising braking ever, stunning overtaking and into another lap.

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 5 Sep 2002, 18:48 (Ref:373980)   #94
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
didn;t post my track...here goes
Attached Images

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 5 Sep 2002, 22:47 (Ref:374123)   #95
mac
Veteran

Looks good, NJ. I can see 3.5 overtaking places. And I reckon turns 11, 12 & 13 would be sensational (they remind me a little of Sepang). It's a little bit different, but I reckon it would produce some good racing.
Old 5 Sep 2002, 23:00 (Ref:374134)   #96
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
looks quite fast... very technical..
Old 9 Sep 2002, 22:31 (Ref:376975)   #97
mac
Veteran

Here is my next track - Pickering Field.
Attached Images

Old 9 Sep 2002, 22:45 (Ref:376982)   #98
Sherman
Racer

Sherman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How long does it take you to come up with the names for the tracks?
Old 9 Sep 2002, 22:48 (Ref:376983)   #99
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
layout looks tortuous, many road flicks
Old 9 Sep 2002, 23:01 (Ref:376990)   #100
mac
Veteran

Pickering Field is a track with a lot of direction changes, lots of corners, and I reckon 2 genuine passing places, and two half chances.

The main straight is long and flat. Turn 1 is also flat. It is a quite slow and tight right-hander. This is the first passing spot on the track.

Turn 2 is a long, very fast, flat right-hander.

Turn 3 is a flat left-right chicane. The first part is tight, but the second part is flat-out. You would get on the gas as you exit the first part of this chicane. It may be possible to duck up the inside under braking for turn 3.

The short shute between 3 & 4 is slightly uphill. This gradient continues through turns 4 & 5. Turns 4, 5 & 6 is a fast, slightly uphill left-right-left combination. Between turns 5 & 6 the track flattens out.

Turn 7 is a flat, slowish, medium-speed right, immediately after turn 6.

The exit of turn 7 begins the fast downhill run to the turn 12 carousel.

Turn 8 is a flat-out, downhill, double-apex right.

Shortly after 8, is another very fast turn - turn 9 - a pretty scary downhill left.

Turn 10 is again shortly after turn 9. It is a flat-out right and continues downhill.

After turn 10 is a short, downhill straight to turn 11. But you are carrying so much speed out of 9, that it might be possible to duck up the inside, under braking for the medium speed, turn 11 chicane.

Turn 11 is a downhill, medium speed, right-left chicane.

The long turn 12 carousel right-hander is almost immediately after turn 11. Between 11 & 12, the track flattens out. Turn 12 is slightly banked, and just after the apex, begins the climb up the hill to the turn 16 hairpin.

Out of the carousel is a short, uphill shute to the turn 13 chicane. Turn 13 is an uphill, left-right chicane.

After 13 is another short, uphill shute. This one curves to the left just before the fast, turn 14 right-hander. Turn 14 continues uphill.

Shortly after 14 is the turn 15, medium speed, uphill, left-right esses.

Then there is another short, uphill shute before the hairpin. The track flattens out at the braking zone for turn 16. Turn 16 is a flat, left hairpin.

A good exit from 16 is important, as it leads onto a long flat straight. The last turn, turn 17 is at the end of this straight. It is a tight, flat right-hander and is the last (and a very good) place to pass on the lap. Out of this is a slight left kink and a blast back down the main straight.
Attached Images

Closed Thread