Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 2 Nov 2006, 17:48 (Ref:1756419)   #101
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Flake
Here's an easy one...

Up the gears, brake hard for the first chicane. Up the gears again, brake hard for the next chicane. Third gear right, third gear right. Up the gears, brake hard for the the final chicane. Up the gears, brake a little for the third gear right, then up the gears past the apex.

(I had a far more descriptive one in the works, but accidentally erased it before posting.)
Counting chicanes makes it indeed seem very much like Monza, but from the description, it's still possible that the corners are left-handers
Old 2 Nov 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1756424)   #102
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Fish:

Is it Monza?

Mine is cheating slightly because its not a circuit, it's a hillclimb
Cheating slightly? I was looking at circuit maps all around Britain to find a track that might have resembled what you described all the way around. You should have just said so, you cheat!

And yes, it was Monza.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1756436)   #103
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All right, here's a more verbose description.

After going downhill on the front straightaway, the first turn is a fast, uphill right-hander. Continuing uphill, a medium speed left-right complex follows. This complex leads into a fast left-hand sweeper before the track plunges into a valley and a very fast right-left-right series of esses. A medium-speed left turn is begins the next uphill run on a medium-length straightaway. Approaching the end of the straight, the road falls downhill once again setting up into the next complex, a double right connected by a very short straight, the second apex tighter than the first. Up the hill again on the longest flat-out stretch of the circuit, gently bending to the left, then the right. After the right-hand dogleg, the track runs downhill again to a medium-speed left-right chicane. The track runs underneath a bridge, then plunges downhill in a blind right-hand sweeper, and then another fast right-hander, back to the pits and the start-finish line.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1757086)   #104
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Road Atlanta?
Old 3 Nov 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1757115)   #105
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, sounds like Road Atlanta to me too...
Old 3 Nov 2006, 18:15 (Ref:1757281)   #106
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
And we have a winner!
Old 3 Nov 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1757294)   #107
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the start finish line accelerate down a long straight. Braking quite hard into a long, long right hander which sweeps downhill. In the foot of the hill the track pulls harder to the right still, and then climbs sharply through a left hand sweep. Immediately following this is a long right hand sweep during which the track levels off and feeds straight into a medium speed left hander that turns through a little over 90 degrees. There's then a short uphill straight into a climbing right hand hairpin. Another short straight leads into a tight left hander. After this there is a medium speed 90 right down into a small depression and then a long, very fast right hander which climbs back to the very long start-finish straight.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 20:04 (Ref:1757337)   #108
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
You swear this is a full circuit, right?
Old 3 Nov 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1757345)   #109
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Oh, it's Dijon-Prenois!
Old 3 Nov 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1757349)   #110
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Here's a tough one...

Turn 1 is a wide, fast left hander which is moderately banked. It immediately leads into turn 2, which is the same. After a medium-length straightaway, another conjoined pair of wide, banked left-handers follow. A short straight and a flat-out dogleg lead to the finish line.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1757377)   #111
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Oh, it's Dijon-Prenois!
I had dismissed that since the description of Bretelle as turns through a little over 90 degrees is hardly accurate. It's more like 140 degrees.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1757395)   #112
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Here's a tough one...

Turn 1 is a wide, fast left hander which is moderately banked. It immediately leads into turn 2, which is the same. After a medium-length straightaway, another conjoined pair of wide, banked left-handers follow. A short straight and a flat-out dogleg lead to the finish line.
How many tracks are this?
Old 3 Nov 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1757415)   #113
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
How many tracks are this?
It doesn't matter how many tracks are like this; what matters is which one I am thinking of.
Old 4 Nov 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1757469)   #114
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
...Indianapolis?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 4 Nov 2006, 02:34 (Ref:1757491)   #115
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
...Indianapolis?
Indy? NO! Come on, man, you're way off! Indy's back stretch is far longer than medium length! Does its front stretch have a dogleg? I don't think so!
Old 4 Nov 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1757665)   #116
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Number 9

Number 8 was Albacete.
Attached Thumbnails
Test9.gif  
Old 4 Nov 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1757670)   #117
kivipallur92
Racer

Estonia
kivipallur92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Long Road Course)

RIP Colin McRae (5 August 1968– 15 September 2007)
Old 4 Nov 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1757691)   #118
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
FF, is it Michigan?

Last edited by jab; 4 Nov 2006 at 11:50.
Old 4 Nov 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1757710)   #119
formula1fan
Racer

England
Well done, kivi! This is too easy; you're getting ALL the answers right first time around! I knew I should have PM'd the guy who asked me where I got the images from! Shall we go back to what I originally said I'd do? PM me - or post in this thread.
Old 9 Nov 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1762027)   #120
formula1fan
Racer

England
Mods, you can close this thread if you want, as it has got a bit out of hand for me and some others. I'm still kicking myself as to why I decided to change the concept of this thread!
Old 10 Nov 2006, 05:20 (Ref:1762360)   #121
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seems ok to me. Can't see any reason to close it. Everybody is having fun with it.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1762716)   #122
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Best thread in ages.
Old 10 Nov 2006, 17:51 (Ref:1762877)   #123
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I think we'll leave it open formula1fan. It may not be what you started with anymore, but people are enjoying it.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1763547)   #124
formula1fan
Racer

England
Fine by me.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1770953)   #125
formula1fan
Racer

England
Sorry to bump, but we need to inject some life into this thread! Anybody got any ideas on how to improve it?