Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Aug 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1384774)   #26
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F3 is a 'pure' formula and should always remain as such. So Merc/ASM are dominating? So what! First of all, why are Manor and Mucke being blown off by ASM? It's up to them to beat them (or for the drivers to stop going off the road all the time, in the case of di Resta).

OK Merc have a big advantage. I've heard the stuff about the lightness of the engine giving them a huge advantage at Zandvoort. I believe that's true but why is that a problem? It's a pure/development formula. No driver/team/engine supplier has a God-given right to win. Hey, here's an idea: let's just divide all the available points up equally and then everyone will be joint champion and we'll all be happy.

Merc may be spending the money but it's up to Spiess/Neil Brown/whoever to do the same and bring themselves onto an equal par.

What about when we had about three million successive races in the British series won by the Mugen? Were people complaining then? No, it just made Spiess, HKS (with the Mitsubishi) and everyone else work bloody hard to catch up. This is motor RACING – not some nirvana where we all like to share in the glory however ineffective our own efforts are.

I remember in 1987 when Eddie Jordan Racing got an exclusive deal to use the Spiess/VW engine, and with that Johnny Herbert built up a points advantage that no-one could catch. And no-one denied that he was a deserving champion. It's the same story with Merc/ASM/Lewis Hamilton and it always will be as long as we keep this sport as pure as possible.