Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Aug 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1386967)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GP2 - Turkey race

Excellent race!

Action all the way from start to finish.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 13:38 (Ref:1386970)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gotta agree there KB, fantastic race. I just hope the 2nd GP2 race can be as good as the first, I dont doubt it will be with the top 8 reversed grid. Who knows, maybe the F1 might have a bit of excitment too!
Old 20 Aug 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1386974)   #3
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
devestating for me. excellent race but considering carroll was bossing premat before the first safety car only to have to settle for dropping way back because you cant pit 2 cars at once. had carroll been the first super nova car in the pits you can sure as hell bet carroll for the win. pantano can drive but he cant race and i had no confidence in him getting past premat. carroll had overtaken premat at the start and would have walked to victory. damn it. nice to see rosberg and heikki actually having bad luck for once though...

love the track. plenty of action. and gp2 race 2 is historically the most exiting race so hopefully more of the same action wise tomorrow.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1386984)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah yes, but a front row start for Carroll tommorow, perhaps he can convert it in to a win.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1387023)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Supernova should have pitted both cars at once and queued them - it would have loss less track position
Old 20 Aug 2005, 15:46 (Ref:1387027)   #6
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Supernova should have pitted both cars at once and queued them - it would have loss less track position
thats exactly what i was expecting of them. obviously as giorgio was infront he had the right to get into the pits first but to find out that they had left adam out for another lap had me pulling my hair out. maybe it would have just been a bit too crowded in the pits.....?

adam drove a fine race from the back to come in 7th but think about it, pantano behind premat or carroll beind premat. which one is gonna use his head and overtake? no brianer. i cant be mad at giorgio. i think thats 4 podiums in a row or something and he was putting in fast laps but it seems his weak point is actually racing. carrolls weak point is luck...
Old 20 Aug 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1387071)   #7
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best. Race. Ever.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1387074)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually Giorgio's pretty highly rated for his racing ability, but I dont expect you to know that since you only pay attention to what Lovely Adam does.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1387075)   #9
Russfeld
Veteran

oh, and Go Garcia
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1387113)   #10
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Actually Giorgio's pretty highly rated for his racing ability, but I dont expect you to know that since you only pay attention to what Lovely Adam does.
considering ive been a fan of carroll for donkeys years i feel i have a right to support my fave driver. you underestimate that support as being the be all and end all for me. rubbish. ive watched the majority of the drivers in gp2 for years and years and if you had payed attention to my posts on giorgio throughout the year both on this forum and recently ont he irl forum you would know i rate him very highly. but i dont expect you to know that as you are too far up your not so lovely arse...

i even rated the pantano/carroll pairing as the strongest driver lineup and i still do. however if i want one of them to make the most of a faster car when you have the leader less than a second ahead of you with 10 laps to go, i want carroll. i want carroll as his ability to race as opposed to drive fast is better than that of pantanos from what ive seen of both drivers over the years.....
Old 20 Aug 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1387131)   #11
Russfeld
Veteran

You rate him highly as an end-around to the ever increaseing legend of Adam Carroll. You clearly never saw Pantano race in F3000, particularly his year at Coloni.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1387138)   #12
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
You rate him highly as an end-around to the ever increaseing legend of Adam Carroll. You clearly never saw Pantano race in F3000, particularly his year at Coloni.
hold on, have you been watching me from outside my window for a few years every weekend the f3000 was on on eurosport or something? and if so do why did you get the pictures confused with some other series?

WHO ARE YOU to tell me what i have and have not not done? you are making petty arguments out of thin air. drop it before you hurt yourself.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 21:09 (Ref:1387150)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wind your necks in children. does this look like a kindergarten.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1387225)   #14
Russfeld
Veteran

Because you continually post a skewed version of what goes on to support a certain line of thinking. I can only assume you really dont pay attention to the other drivers, becuase if you do there's no excuse.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 06:34 (Ref:1387234)   #15
Alfonso de Orleans
Racer

Spain
Near the Jerez race track, Spain
Alfonso de Orleans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, cool it guys...I completely understand that you may have your point of view, but there is no need to get violent. I was really enjoying this thread until this latest spat.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1387288)   #16
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
in the interests of the other people of this forum i wont continue this. i think its clear that the only person being hostile was russfield and for a totally unfounded reason aswell.....

race 2 was again another fantastic spectacle. gp2 really is the hottest thing in motorsport as far as im concerned. heikki used his head and seemed like a phoenix rising from the flames (or should that be waves?) in the closing stages of that race. and talk about rising, adam carroll! he makes a major balls up at the start, starts SMACK LAST and finishes SECOND. thats even better than the nurburgring and silverstone races 2 put together!!! shame scott speed still hasnt won a race though.

i think the top 4 finishers are the cream of the crop. all 4 of them could be on the brink of f1 in my eyes.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 09:23 (Ref:1387290)   #17
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
forget race1 ... race 2 was a cracker too .. ..

ps .. and Pantano got fastest lap

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Aug 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1387295)   #18
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pantano pretty pants again today don't we all think!? HOW many times did he go off on one lap...I counted 3 and that was only the ones the director showed!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1387297)   #19
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
screens had pantano cloking the fastest lap as he crossed the line but i think pla got it in the end. however because of the race 2 tyre changing rule i think the points are for either yoshimoto or viso.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1387301)   #20
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a good race indeed, another scott sharp!

Well done carroll though - as carlton said, if he had got off the line for the warmup lap it could well have ended up the same was as yoshimoto.

Kova had a good race, should give him more confidence for the rest of the season.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1387310)   #21
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Was a good race indeed, another scott sharp!

Well done carroll though - as carlton said, if he had got off the line for the warmup lap it could well have ended up the same was as yoshimoto.

Kova had a good race, should give him more confidence for the rest of the season.
carlton? we had haven and gareth back together at last this time! made it easily more watchable despite some mistakes still creeping through! i agree though, had adam not fluffed his warm up start he could have started that race from the front row, led it and felt he was safe to finish the race on wets and as we seen, it wasnt safe.

as soon as the dry line appeared though i knew if there was anybody of the leading drivers going to come in it was heikki. between him and his obviously well advised team there is probably the best racing brain in gp2 and he was fantastic in that race and pulled out a 7 second lead as carroll started to come under pressure from nico....fantastic driving from the podum getters though.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1387332)   #22
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops, my bad - got used to complaining about Kirby that it's become second nature
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:29 (Ref:1387339)   #23
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
Oops, my bad - got used to complaining about Kirby that it's become second nature
hehe

i actually have a correction of my own to make. carroll actually didnt start last. he was last on the track but i think there was a car in the pitlane. one of the campos guys i think. so he started 23rd. which made it easier!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1387351)   #24
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do the BCN team make so many errors? Remember last year- they always totally messed up Toccacelo's chances of victory with awful pitstops, on at least 2 occasions. And now this- their drivers in the lead by miles and they didn't bring them in to change tyres! Whats the point of leaving them out on a dry track with wet tyres?!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1387353)   #25
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
that was so silly from bcn. i dont know the maximum amount of a lead they had but it would have surely been enough to pit and come out in a more than healthy position. i also remember them getting things wrong in f3000 last year quite often.....you would think a man of enriques experience would know better!

i guess they thought they could get away with it...