Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1387092)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Adam Carroll future secured

Surprise surprise.

A deal's been done for Adam Caroll to complete the year - and remain with Super Nova next year if he doesn't find an F1 seat.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1387094)   #2
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Er, what you mean to say is, if Adam has the money to race next year, David gets it all.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:16 (Ref:1387097)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news either way IMO. Super Nova are still one of the best teams in the world outside of F1 IMO. Good news for Adam, dont think hes quite ready to move up to F1 yet though. 2006 May be a year too soon, best to have another year in GP2 and see if he can take the title. IMO.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1387099)   #4
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suprise suprise.... But good news!
Old 20 Aug 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1387117)   #5
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i couldnt see adam falling out of the championship. he is too good and because that, he has had articles about his issues printed in papers and even opening up autosport this week ther eis a page dedicated to his, now ,ex-problems.

i think sears rates him extremely highly and is to be commended for trying as hard as he could to get his man. its not the first time either. sears gave adam right up until the deadline to find a budget to start the year with when he could have took on shimoda and had a full preseason test programme to go into imola with. instead he opted for talent and well done to him. with adam having crap reliability in the past 3 events that have ruined his title chances, he could have really got himself into a depressed state but i can see adam bouncing back and hopefully that will start in race 2 tomorrow.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1387120)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
Er, what you mean to say is, if Adam has the money to race next year, David gets it all.

Well, yes.

He will have the money though - always does.
Old 20 Aug 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1387140)   #7
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
reading about though you would think he ALREADY had it! nothing like having options, eh?!!
Old 20 Aug 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1387180)   #8
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats great news for Adam, and finally he has a firm deal secured before the start of a season!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1387390)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hmm, so that's 2 seperate parties he's sold himself out to. it's going to bite him on the arse sooner or later, don't you think?
Old 21 Aug 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1387396)   #10
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A mini-button situation could well ensue..would be interesting to see how he handles it if it does
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1387447)   #11
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzer
A mini-button situation could well ensue..would be interesting to see how he handles it if it does
hehe considering what button has managed to do i cant see adam handling it any worse!!!
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:22 (Ref:1387460)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think it's a bit foolish to be promising yourself to 2 different people. i'd be interested in bar's opinion on him taking a decision out of their hands.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1387469)   #13
Kicking-back
Veteran

Maybe this has been done with BAR's blessing or even at their instigation.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1387481)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Can't see why BAR would object. They keep their hands on him but Carroll gets more racing under his belt. Prepares him, perhaps, for the third driver role (or even a race seat) in 2007. Good news all round.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1387482)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That would be my guess too, just by watching everything on the grid on TV it seemed fairly obvious to me that BAR and Super Nova may have close links. There was quite a few BAR team members alongside the Super Nova ones on the grid. At least thats how I saw it today before the start of race 2. Could be wrong of course, but just how it came across. To me anyway.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1387488)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
which can be explained away by the fact adam is supported by bar.

if bar have anything to do with the super nova car they need a slap, because it's been poor recently.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1387508)   #17
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
yes bar is only there in support of carroll and even that is just down to diet and fitness, etc. jock clear will obviously hang about with sears and i think today he even went along with the super nova guys to the fia man after carroll had stalled his car as if to see what they could do. but thats where it ends. its not like arden having obvious links with red bull or arts supposed ferrari linkage. least not that i know of.

and i dont think carrolls secured future is 'promising himself' to 2 different teams. whatever happens with bar for 2006 it will still be only a small chance that carroll will find a full time drive there. remember they still have bernoldi in that team, not to mention rossiter. who knows maybe if heidfeld joins bar or button stays, sato might accept a test role. that will put adam further down their ladder. gp2 is the most likely series adam will be in next year and bar can still get mileage out oif him.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1387610)   #18
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Who manages Adam? Mr. Sears?
Sato might accept IndyCar Series seat supported (powered) by Honda. It won't be a bad move, it will good move in his situation, if he will be out of racing squad at Honda F1.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1387641)   #19
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
john sweeney is his manager. although i havent seen any sign of him in recent races.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1387650)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the thing is, there HAS to be something in it for sears, at the moment it just sounds like debt, and no businessman will let himself in for that...
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1387655)   #21
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is, budget next year. If he doesnt get budget, he gets another driver with budget.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1387659)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
hmm, i think i'm probably just being blonde about this.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1387670)   #23
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
john sweeney is his manager. although i havent seen any sign of him in recent races.

ANd Mr. Sweeney, who is he manages apart from Carroll? First heard of him...
Old 21 Aug 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1387752)   #24
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
as far as im aware, sweeney supports carroll and carroll only.
Old 21 Aug 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1387845)   #25
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Sound like Damon Hill managing Kane and Kane only :wink: