Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 21 May 2019, 17:28 (Ref:3905103)   #106
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
kobefly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news, looks like Juncos might have some sponsors on the car on Sunday according to this IndyCar on NBC tweet.

As an Argentinian I have been following Junco's career in the US, specially after a couple of episodes in a local TV show telling his story, the guy went from nothing to where he is now. Juncos still is far away to be a solid team in US top categories (IndyCar and IMSA) but hopefully he can continue growing.

They definitely got some media attention after what happened this last weekend. Hope they can complete the Indy500 in good shape!

#GoGreen #VamosVerde
Old 21 May 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3905141)   #107
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Juncos story is quite impressive even without the drama of Sunday. I hope they can have a solid performance in the race.
Old 21 May 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3905146)   #108
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm thinking you'll at least hear mention of some deals. I wouldn't be surprised to see some small sponsor decals but I think some of the charm is the blank car and some sponsors get that. Especially when they're signing a deal at the track, every mention is of the little unsponsored white car. Dragonspeed is also unsponsored but you don't hear it mentioned in the same way.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 21 May 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3905147)   #109
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Programming Heads Up!

NBCSN will be running Indycar/Indy500 related programming tonight (and I presume most nights until Sunday? Somebody will know). The programming will consist of IndyCar LIVE at 6:00pm EST time (1 hour from now) as well as "Off The Grid: Austin" which is about IndyCar's return to COTA and will air immediately after IndyCar LIVE at 6:30pm. Tune in!!!

Some information about Off the Grid - https://twitter.com/IndyCaronNBC/sta...63846324727808

*BUMP* Did some digging and yes, a live show will air every day this week starting at 6:00pm EST.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 21 May 2019 at 21:15.
Old 22 May 2019, 00:26 (Ref:3905160)   #110
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!
The Juncos story has the feel of Indy back to the 60's and 70's. I hope they fare well, it is a great underdog story, and the story of the American Dream. Kobefly, I'll be rooting for the team with roots in Argentina.
Old 22 May 2019, 08:00 (Ref:3905188)   #111
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I really admire the way Juncos have gone about it, hopefully it will be top ten at least
Old 22 May 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3905263)   #112
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!
Juncos has signed primary sponsor 250ok (email software)
Old 23 May 2019, 01:59 (Ref:3905313)   #113
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2 more on board for Juncos, NFP on for Indy after some free pub earlier on the uniforms, and Global Medical Response on as well. GMR is the parent company of the AMR Safety team for IndyCar and the 500 itself, drivers crew and fans.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 23 May 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3905354)   #114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sketchy weather for Sunday right now with decent days on either side of it. Let's hope mother nature can make a change!
Old 23 May 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3905380)   #115
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IndyCar will be making a special announcement tomorrow at 10:00AM est. Anyone one here have any clue as to what that may be?

https://www.facebook.com/indycar/vid...1893005271241/
Old 23 May 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3905382)   #116
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Interestingly, I ran across this Fox Business article on an IndyCar fan group...a fascinating piece in my opinion. With the amount of money that is currently flowing into the cannabis industry, this could very well spell a new wave sponsorships and investments reminiscent of the tobacco era.

I am partly relieved that Craft 1861 chose to invest in IndyCar rather than say....nascar. Perhaps cannabis is too sophisticated for nascar types? They do REALLY like their cigarettes/tobacco and cheap beer water after all.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...500-craft-1861

This will be very interesting to see how this develops in the future, and what kind of benefits the series will receive if the pot industry continues on its trajectory.
Old 24 May 2019, 04:56 (Ref:3905445)   #117
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who do you think will win?

Who would you like to see win?

I think any of the Penske and Carpenter cars have a more or less equal shot. I'll take Ed Jones for the win just because I don't want to see a repeat for Penske.

I don't think he has much chance of winning but I'd like to see Rahal in victory circle.

Mainly hoping that all the small teams can finish. The series needs more full time teams and a decent Indy finish can be an important springboard to season long sponsorship.
Old 24 May 2019, 05:10 (Ref:3905446)   #118
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Who do you think will win?

Who would you like to see win?
I wouldn't mind seeing Carpenter finally picking up the trophy and I think he'll have as good a chance as any of the top drivers.

If Carpenter can't win I'm obviously hoping for either Ericsson or Rosenqvist to bring the trophy back home to Sweden for the first time since Brack won in 1999. Hey, it's the Indy 500 - anything can happen

Lastly I hope Kyle Kaiser and Juncos Racing have a good, solid run.
Old 24 May 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3905459)   #119
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Scott Dixon will win.

And I'll be cheering on Pippa Mann.
Old 24 May 2019, 07:45 (Ref:3905462)   #120
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
There's a nice feature on the Autosport website, where David Mashler discusses where it went wrong for McLaren. Well worth a butcher's. It is nice and in depth