Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 13 Jun 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3829120)   #2041
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
279,8 km/h of average speed for the no. 3 through the Porsche curves... That's the fastest ever, though the section where the speed is recorded has been shortened, probably by cutting the last corner, so we can't compare it to the previous fastest average of 270 km/h.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3829185)   #2042
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am impressed with Bruno Senna. He gave a lesson to his celebrities/teammates.
Old 13 Jun 2018, 23:58 (Ref:3829192)   #2043
ederss7
Veteran

Brazil
ederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridederss7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederss7 View Post
279,8 km/h of average speed for the no. 3 through the Porsche curves... That's the fastest ever, though the section where the speed is recorded has been shortened, probably by cutting the last corner, so we can't compare it to the previous fastest average of 270 km/h.
Update: 280 km/h by B. Senna. Unbelievable!
here's the lap, which is also Rebellion's fastest lap of Q1.
https://youtu.be/a6TXoqyCVks?t=1282

Last edited by ederss7; 14 Jun 2018 at 00:26.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 03:02 (Ref:3829198)   #2044
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
I think there's definitely more to come. They hardly improved their time if at all from the test day. We'll see, that is if the weather plays nice I think.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 07:09 (Ref:3829216)   #2045
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they are still coasting before some braking points...i thought the new fuel flow of 108kg/h should avoid this...
Old 14 Jun 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3829224)   #2046
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I am impressed with Bruno Senna. He gave a lesson to his celebrities/teammates.
Seriously underrated in my view. He may not have the talent of his uncle, but he's good enough to show Lotterer and Jani a few things in that car.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3829303)   #2047
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Based on theoretical best lap times, Rebellion should hopefully be capable of 3:18s, which is reasonably close to what Toyota so far have turned.

It should be noted that one Toyota did 342km/h during FP1, with the SMP BR1s also quick, but the Rebellions are down on top speed. Combined with their sector 1/3 times, that shows that they're carrying a ton of downforce.
Old 14 Jun 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3829549)   #2048
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Based on theoretical best lap times, Rebellion should hopefully be capable of 3:18s, which is reasonably close to what Toyota so far have turned.

Rebellions can't match the Toyota's pace. They better focus on their own pace than trying to go for an impossible victory. Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 00:43 (Ref:3829561)   #2049
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
The problem is that we don't know what the drop off will be for the privateers vs the Toyotas (factory cars). We do know that Toyota won't be able to run anything close to what they qualified in the race. If Rebellion can get to within a couple of seconds of what Toyota can do in race trim, then we might have a race on our hands if Toyota slip up.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 02:48 (Ref:3829568)   #2050
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Toyotas seem to do race laps in 3.21 3.23, with longest stints, I don't know how the non-hybrid cars could race against them. I see difficult for them (any team, not only Rebellion) to sustain a race in 3.22

Let's see, I hope to be wrong and watch an interesting race.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 03:20 (Ref:3829571)   #2051
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
I think in clear traffic, most of the lmp1s can run 3:20 flats or 3:19s even. ByKolles and Ginetta will most likely bring up the rear imo. I think Rebellion can make ways into Toyota by pushing them. We saw during practice and qualifying that they can be pinged for fuel consumption.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 09:06 (Ref:3829610)   #2052
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They're really going to have to watch that, if they're not going to just hand it to Toyota. I expect the Toyotas to run conservatively in the race, they don't need to do anything else. The Rebs can't afford any silly errors (by drivers or the team) if they are to hope for a good result.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3829746)   #2053
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They're really going to have to watch that, if they're not going to just hand it to Toyota. I expect the Toyotas to run conservatively in the race, they don't need to do anything else. The Rebs can't afford any silly errors (by drivers or the team) if they are to hope for a good result.
Apparently, Toyota can't just 'take it easy' and cruise. That would be detrimental to their car according to Vasselon. So if the privateers want to have a chance they need to be on it too. It'll be an interesting race in anyway imo. I hope Rebellion and the others really make it interesting though.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3829752)   #2054
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
And we believe the 'master' of disinformation? Not me.

But I agree with you. If enough cars remain reliable and Toyota slips at all, we're potentially in for a very interesting race.
Old 15 Jun 2018, 20:11 (Ref:3829759)   #2055
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
With the torque from the hybrid system, I expect the gap to grow in traffic like it did at Spa. The Toyota can nip past cars much quicker than the non-hybrids can. We seen something similar in IMSA when they balanced DPs and LMP2s on lap time. They could generate similar lap times, but come race day and the DPs were miles ahead because they had more torque to deal with the traffic.

Not a complaint, as I love the hybrid torque, but don't be surprised if the gap opens up when they hit traffic. The hybrids have an absolutely brutal ability when dealing with.