Old 16 Jan 2010, 06:27 (Ref:2614125)   #1
aidimack
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
aidimack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aidimack's circuit (split off)

Hi Guys,
Am new to the forum but just to let all you guys know that, I have just acquired property consist of Dragstrip, motard & Moto-X tracks, its bit rundown and need some revamp, also am planning to build a 3km racing track for motorcycle, any advice please..Thx

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 19 Jan 2010 at 12:09.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2614160)   #2
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best person to talk to that, especially as it's about bikes, would be LiuggiSpeed, but it would also be best if the post was moved to a new thread in case Eric wants to give out some more information.
Old 16 Jan 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2614209)   #3
Quintin03
Veteran

Netherlands
Quintin03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luigi is very experienced in getting a circuit built as he'd tried it many times without any succes yet. Maybe you should make your own thread about this though as Tathrim said.
Old 17 Jan 2010, 04:37 (Ref:2614506)   #4
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidimack View Post
Hi Guys,
Am new to the forum but just to let all you guys know that, I have just acquired property consist of Dragstrip, motard & Moto-X tracks, its bit rundown and need some revamp, also am planning to build a 3km racing track for motorcycle, any advice please..Thx

Any good design will work for cars and bikes, but some circuits acceptable for cars have features that would kill a motorciclist,like walls and stuff, so if you are starting from scratch, it's a good idea to think "motorcycle track" brcause it will work for cars as well, and a 3k circuit it's nothing to scoff at.

Le me see tha terrain and I bet a nice idea will come from everyone of the regular suspects, if you can find it in google,better.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 02:22 (Ref:2614910)   #5
aidimack
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Any good design will work for cars and bikes, but some circuits acceptable for cars have features that would kill a motorciclist,like walls and stuff, so if you are starting from scratch, it's a good idea to think "motorcycle track" brcause it will work for cars as well, and a 3k circuit it's nothing to scoff at.

Le me see tha terrain and I bet a nice idea will come from everyone of the regular suspects, if you can find it in google,better.

Hi, I just taken over the property, there are already a dragstrip, drifting, go-kart & moto-x, combine motard track but need some revamp especially on safety issues. My target is to get already existing track up & running to income then I want to combine the dragstrip with proposed 3km bike track, using the natural terrain. Total land area approx 62 acres with additional 40 acres to come, the land is not flat, pretty much hilly, which come to mind of the old nuremberg track and was thinking of calling Wilson Motorsport to consult on design.

I could email you the topography of the area.
Old 18 Jan 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2615183)   #6
steven2025
Rookie

steven2025 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your track has a drifting course? Was that part of the initial plan, or added later? Where is your track?
Old 18 Jan 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2615417)   #7
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Hi, I just taken over the property, there are already a dragstrip, drifting, go-kart & moto-x, combine motard track but need some revamp especially on safety issues. My target is to get already existing track up & running to income then I want to combine the dragstrip with proposed 3km bike track, using the natural terrain. Total land area approx 62 acres with additional 40 acres to come, the land is not flat, pretty much hilly, which come to mind of the old nuremberg track and was thinking of calling Wilson Motorsport to consult on design.

I could email you the topography of the area.

ohh I'm eager to take a look! I spent sometime looking around what google says it's your location but couldn's find anything, I thought I had a bingo when I saw a nice track but that was Sepang,wigh is one of my favorites, it was pretty close to your location.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 02:46 (Ref:2615490)   #8
aidimack
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Yes it already have a surface to hold some sort of drift, 1km Dragstrip, Go-Kart and Moto-X and full lighting for night events. The track was originally built as fun place to blow off some steam after work but nothing serious, it is located at Nusajaya, Johor. Which is next door to proposed Malaysia first Legoland, It is part of mega southern state development project called Iskandar Development Malaysia, similar to Abu Dhabi.

After much discussion with my team, I will be developing the project into 3 phases, the 1st phase will be, up grading the existing tracks, dealing with safety issues and to generate income within 12 weeks, 2nd phase will be design & build a 3 km racing circuit using the natural terrain, 3rd phase will be design & build our motorsports exclusive club house with full amenities.

So as you can see I have a huge task ahead of me, so any advice or comments would greatful and I will try to answer all your question...
Old 19 Jan 2010, 04:06 (Ref:2615504)   #9
aidimack
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Quote:
Yes it already have a surface to hold some sort of drift, 1km Dragstrip, Go-Kart and Moto-X and full lighting for night events. The track was originally built as fun place to blow off some steam after work but nothing serious, it is located at Nusajaya, Johor. Which is next door to proposed Malaysia first Legoland, It is part of mega southern state development project called Iskandar Development Malaysia, similar to Abu Dhabi.

After much discussion with my team, I will be developing the project into 3 phases, the 1st phase will be, up grading the existing tracks, dealing with safety issues and to generate income within 12 weeks, 2nd phase will be design & build a 3 km racing circuit using the natural terrain, 3rd phase will be design & build our motorsports exclusive club house with full amenities.

So as you can see I have a huge task ahead of me, so any advice or comments would greatful and I will try to answer all your question...

Hi Guys,
Here are my topography of my new acquire MOMOTO Racing Park.
Attached Thumbnails
Momoto Park topo2.jpg  
Old 19 Jan 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2615750)   #10
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Hi Guys,
Here are my topography of my new acquire MOMOTO Racing Park.
FOUND IT!

it has to be this one.

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 19 Jan 2010 at 15:38.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2615751)   #11
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe it's this...

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&s...27874&t=h&z=16
Old 19 Jan 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2615757)   #12
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could you provide with plans of the existing tracks? Also which 40 acres will be added - to the north or east?
Old 19 Jan 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2615763)   #13
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
GREAT!, now that we have a eyes on it,I'd like to know if the drag strip will be part of the circuit is it going to be a separate system. Looks like an interesting set of small hills, should be perfect to place some loops with elevation changes, 3 km should be piece of cake,land is pretty big.
Old 20 Jan 2010, 03:55 (Ref:2616070)   #14
aidimack
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
MOMOTO RACE PARK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
Could you provide with plans of the existing tracks? Also which 40 acres will be added - to the north or east?
Right now am in the midst of revamping the existing tracks, major upgrade is a must!, Dragstrip needs to be re-surface, Go-kart & Drift track needs to be redesign and Moto-X track need to be lit up.

The additional 40+ acres is located on the North East of end of 1km dragstrip, trying to utilize hills & natural terrain.

At the bottom left of the picture, near the roundabout, there am planning to build a club house, is a perfect location as it is sitiuated on hill over looking the whole area.

Will keep you guys posted on the latest development....
Old 20 Jan 2010, 06:13 (Ref:2616092)   #15
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Here's my fisrt from-the-hip reaction, using the drag strip as main straight, we can have some smooth fast sweepers, between the terrain ondulations, using the crests as turning points,sometimes blind crest.

There's enough room for the Challenger to land(as bio would say)

It still is a work in process, the elevation changes tool a good deal of time and effort, just to make it look half decent,I will complete the elevation stuff later on when I can!
Old 21 Jan 2010, 00:45 (Ref:2616660)   #16
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Ok I got some ideas rolling, I am trying here to use the elevation changes a little bit like a rollercoaster so motorcyclist here will feel the hair in their backs raising as they race through the sweepers, elevation changes are 25-30 foot high ( total guess )

Should be quite fast,all corners are large radius , less than 90 deg except couple of spots. Average speed should be quite fast. Circuit goes clock-wise for 3,200 meters.

As regulars will notice, this is not one of my typical geometric circuit, but a total amorphous and random route, I am not trying to use the terrain in the most efficient way or create a nice little "blot shape" but to find a fun way through those little hills.

This would be a graphic representation of the elevation changes.

BTW this would be my first track of 2010

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 21 Jan 2010 at 01:03.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 02:56 (Ref:2616694)   #17
aidimack
Rookie

Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
MOMOTO RACE PARK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Ok I got some ideas rolling, I am trying here to use the elevation changes a little bit like a rollercoaster so motorcyclist here will feel the hair in their backs raising as they race through the sweepers, elevation changes are 25-30 foot high ( total guess )

Should be quite fast,all corners are large radius , less than 90 deg except couple of spots. Average speed should be quite fast. Circuit goes clock-wise for 3,200 meters.

As regulars will notice, this is not one of my typical geometric circuit, but a total amorphous and random route, I am not trying to use the terrain in the most efficient way or create a nice little "blot shape" but to find a fun way through those little hills.

Image Removed

This would be a graphic representation of the elevation changes.
Image Removed

Image Removed

BTW this would be my first track of 2010
Luiggispeed, thanks for your thoughts and ideas, similar thought which am looking to build, I will discuss with my designers and invite you personally to take part in planning with my team if we were to use your idea. BTW here my email should anyone want to contact me with their idea,
Email address removed

There is no need to include the images when quoting the entire post, especially when it's the previous post.
Also best to have contact made through the PM service first, that way you control who you give your email address to.
Edited by SBF

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 21 Jan 2010 at 23:46. Reason: Tidying up quote
Old 21 Jan 2010, 06:35 (Ref:2616764)   #18
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
No problem Sir!

Just a reminder, when circuits use a drag strip as part of the course, there is a side effect to that, and is that drag strips starting line and first few hundredth meters are covered by a rubber coat , the "byte" used by competitors for grip, but that only works as forward grip, vehicles trying to turn in that stuff find out how greasy that thing gets, so If possible, the starting line shall be way behind the course entrance, so that there's no compromise in safety of road racers. That has been addressed in my rough sketch,as you can see.

Hope you can get your project going soon, let us know!

Luiggi
Old 22 Jan 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2617773)   #19
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"There's enough room for the Challenger to land(as bio would say)"

I don't recall ever saying this, but sure sounds fine, so OK, I approve, I'd say that

bio