Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Oct 2001, 12:38 (Ref:163884)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toyota's chances

What d'ya reckon?

Should Minardi be looking forward to not being last?

Should Prost (if they even make it) be worried?

Will they even even get up into Jaguar and BAR territory by the end on the season?

Alan McNish just confirmed - will he sink or swim?
Old 22 Oct 2001, 13:02 (Ref:163897)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure how they'll do.

Sometimes I think, ouch they look awful but then again they may spring a surprise. they'll have knowledge of circuits and data for next year so it wont be a step into the unknown.

The jurys out with me.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 13:17 (Ref:163903)   #3
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, i think the Minardis will be last. Even with the promised 800hp from the asiatech, they will still be laging at LEAST 50hp down on the mid to front runners, and most likely toyota too. Prost will fail. plain and simple. the driver/owner thing doesn't work. Toyota SHOULD blow them out of the water. and i think that it will be quite possible for them to reach jag and bar territory, provided these two teams continue with their lacklustre performances. And finally, Alan Mcnish. I don't think he will swim straight away, but give him a little time, as he has proven in testing he can be just as quick as well respected Mika Salo. The thing that isn't on his side is age. he is 32 (i think) and that means realistically he is only looking at about 5yrs in f1, thats if he prooves himself worthy of his place on the grid in Melbourne in just a few months.

Last edited by timbo2001; 22 Oct 2001 at 13:21.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 16:21 (Ref:163993)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think they'll start in the last positions, but in the second half of the season, they'll be somewhere between BAR and Jaguar.
Old 22 Oct 2001, 21:01 (Ref:164116)   #5
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect them to be:

1. in front of Minardi and Prost
2. maybe also Arrows
3. ocassionaly chalenging BAR and Jordan
4. final - somewhere between 6th and 10th in WCC
Old 22 Oct 2001, 21:22 (Ref:164133)   #6
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they'll be lucky to get past Arrows.

There have been lots of stories about plenty of power from their new engine, but serious AND reliable power is hard to come by; and its very rare for a new engine to flourish in the very first season.

The Ferrari customer engines, for example, would be quite a bit more powerful than the new Toyota, I'd have thought.

Add in the inexperienced drivers and I think they've got a nasty uphill struggle to get going.

Good luck to them though - but wouldn't it be great if Minardi did beat them?
Old 23 Oct 2001, 14:25 (Ref:164463)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think they will start off at the back, but by mid-season will be moving up.
Old 23 Oct 2001, 14:40 (Ref:164472)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A bit like Benneton this year then?
Old 23 Oct 2001, 15:32 (Ref:164491)   #9
Glen
Veteran

For any team to come on as Bennetton have this year would be a major coup. There again Bennetton were building on an established, experienced team - and had two very good (one very, very good) drivers at their disposal. Actually, three drivers, since Webber was testing as well.

Bennetton went from languishing with the Minardis to eclipsing the Jags - I'd lay money that Toyota won't manage that much. To be consistent and reliable and as fast as, say, Arrows would be a good target.