Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jan 2020, 08:25 (Ref:3954671)   #1
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aston Martin Racing in 2023. One of the cars has Alonso.

https://astonmartin.newsweaver.com/i...ent_vfinal.pdf

A small Extract at the end

Aston Martin Lagonda has entered into an arrangement under which the Racing Point F1TM team will become the Aston Martin F1TM works team with effect from the 2021 season, as described above. Under this arrangement, the parties have agreed to use all reasonable efforts to negotiate in good faith with a view to agreeing a formal sponsorship agreement as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any event within 28 days of this announcement.
Further details will be contained in the Combined Circular and Prospectus when published including in relation to the relationship agreement with the Consortium, the F1TM sponsorship arrangement and Mr. Stroll’s appointment letter.

Last edited by Born Racer; 4 Aug 2022 at 17:07.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 08:40 (Ref:3954673)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An article on racefans related to the story.

Part of this confuses me:

Red Bull confirmed it has “agreed to release Aston Martin from its Formula 1 exclusivity clause which in turn has allowed it to generate the necessary investment required to re-finance and pursue alternative opportunities within the sport”.

and

Aston Martin’s current title sponsorship deal with Red Bull, believed to be worth around $20 million, will end after this season.

If the sponsorship is ending after this season, why would AM need to be released from exclusivity?
Old 31 Jan 2020, 09:05 (Ref:3954680)   #3
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
so that they can tell everyone about the future plans with Stroll now and generate more publicity for the road car brand.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 09:18 (Ref:3954681)   #4
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which is what it is all about. Their sponsorship ends and they're trying to generate column inches. Let's see what really happens when it actually happens.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 31 Jan 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3954689)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Before everyone gets too excited by this announcement, you should also read this article from today's BBC website that states that Stroll is leading a financial rescue plan for Aston Martin. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51323241.

I would imagine that the same story is covered by other financial websites.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3954713)   #6
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

Red Bull confirmed it has “agreed to release Aston Martin from its Formula 1 exclusivity clause which in turn has allowed it to generate the necessary investment required to re-finance and pursue alternative opportunities within the sport”.

and

Aston Martin’s current title sponsorship deal with Red Bull, believed to be worth around $20 million, will end after this season.

If the sponsorship is ending after this season, why would AM need to be released from exclusivity?
Its business speak for they have been paid off!
Old 31 Jan 2020, 13:02 (Ref:3954754)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Before everyone gets too excited by this announcement, you should also read this article from today's BBC website that states that Stroll is leading a financial rescue plan for Aston Martin. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51323241.

I would imagine that the same story is covered by other financial websites.
There's been a few rounds of reporting about his groups trying to find the cash to buy out Aston but not much has come of it really. I would venture that this deal shows there's a bit more smoke now and there's something there.

Updated about 40 min ago and appears he has brought money and gets 20% stake in Aston, his consortium brings 182 million pounds and the remaining 318 raised from existing investors. Oh and he's now the chairman after all the ink is dried.

Last edited by broadrun96; 31 Jan 2020 at 13:11.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3954755)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
so that they can tell everyone about the future plans with Stroll now and generate more publicity for the road car brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

and

I would guess Red Bull has the exclusive rights to negotiate until the end of the term, similar to many athletes not being able to talk directly until the end of the deal. This allows Aston and Stroll to negotiate and develop a new deal. I would guess there is a buyout hidden somewhere in there and an announcement about Stroll leading a consortium to take Aston private again would be forthcoming. (So no buyout but it appears he has brought money and gets 20% stake in Aston, his consortium brings 182 million pounds and the remaining 318 raised from existing investors. Oh and he's now the chairman after all the ink is dried.

And funny enough it would bring Aston cars to the track with Mercedes engines. Wait, that sounds familiar

Last edited by broadrun96; 31 Jan 2020 at 13:12.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3954797)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
pretty smart deal though right?

instead of just pumping his own money into Racing Point, he acquires a new asset by buying into Aston and can now direct the board to use Aston Martin money to fund his racing team.

plus his team gets a much better name!
Old 31 Jan 2020, 19:55 (Ref:3954835)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
pretty smart deal though right?

instead of just pumping his own money into Racing Point, he acquires a new asset by buying into Aston and can now direct the board to use Aston Martin money to fund his racing team.

plus his team gets a much better name!
And a place to send his son when the F1 talent dries up?

And I'm not begrudging the deal at all. His track record seems to be pretty good with businesses so far.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:00 (Ref:3954861)   #11
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was reading earlier that Aston Martin have effectively gone bust 8 times during their existence.Each time an optimist has come along hoping to perform a miracle-rinse and repeat.

Still-its a better name than Racing Point would ever be.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:04 (Ref:3954865)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Aston Martin have done well to still be around. Certainly there have been times it has been hanging on to it’s fingernails, we’ll see how it goes now. I feel the team has plenty of potential, so hopefully it can use this season as a launching pad for better things in future. You never know...
Old 3 Feb 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3955504)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well we will see what happens at Aston Martin, as said before the company needs a fair bit of investment to keep up with the other luxury sports car companies and to be honest i can't see the electric SUV being a massive cash generator
Old 3 Feb 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3955514)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well we will see what happens at Aston Martin, as said before the company needs a fair bit of investment to keep up with the other luxury sports car companies and to be honest i can't see the electric SUV being a massive cash generator
I think it’s the new Welsh factory being built for the DBX that’s absorbing all the cash. And if that’s the SUV you’re referring to, it’s AMG twin turbo V8- definitely not an EV!
Old 3 Feb 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3955537)   #15
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I think it’s the new Welsh factory being built for the DBX that’s absorbing all the cash. And if that’s the SUV you’re referring to, it’s AMG twin turbo V8- definitely not an EV!
By the time it goes on sale, it will almost certainly have an ev option, By then not sure any car maker will be allowed to have no electric options
Old 3 Feb 2020, 22:11 (Ref:3955544)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s funny how the previous incarnation, Force India, came close to a deal with them only in 2015. No wonder Vijay has reacted happily to the deal between Stroll and Aston. Will be a bit of a shame that RBR won’t have a partnership with Aston anymore, they seemed to go together well IMHO

So this team started out Irish, then got bought out by the Russians, then a Dutch car company, then by the Indians, then by the Canadians and has now done a deal with a legendary British car company
Old 4 Feb 2020, 00:16 (Ref:3955559)   #17
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interestingly I was interviewed for a job recently, and they were at the time doing work for Aston martin, bizarrely the work was lost after i attended. So the offer was withdrawn, they were pretty much the only firm doing that much work with them.

Either a lame excuse or AM were tightening the strings a bit just before this was all done and pulled out of this work for now. It was for stuff not yet in prod.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 01:03 (Ref:3955568)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It's exactly that using up the reserves. Dealers aren't buying as many as previously but the cars are selling faster than previous years. Days on inventory were down by a higher percentage than the whole sale decline. The cars are made at a profit and outside of factory construction AM is making money. The delays in the factory and poor terms on the previous loans were hurting short term.

And buying an electric power train isn't that difficult now. They wouldn't start from scratch
Old 4 Feb 2020, 05:51 (Ref:3955588)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
By the time it goes on sale, it will almost certainly have an ev option, By then not sure any car maker will be allowed to have no electric options
We digress , but this is how it’s being reported in the motoring press... https://www.motor1.com/news/396447/a...ys-lagonda-ev/
Old 4 Feb 2020, 08:53 (Ref:3955597)   #20
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The business journalists have been reporting for some while that Aston Martin had a serious need for more operating capital.Adding to their range was making the need rather more acute and the account in post #17 would suggest that some of the expenditure had been put on ice.Maybe a consequence of their public listing as quoted companies have to be a both more transparent and more prudent than their private counterparts.I suspect the initial cash injection will turn out to be just the first installment and several more will be needed.Maybe the reflected glory of Formula 1 involvement will shift a few cars and assist with a return on the mountain of money that will be tied up.
Old 9 Feb 2020, 13:03 (Ref:3956572)   #21
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A repeat of 1959 and 1960 is hardly likely
Old 9 Feb 2020, 16:42 (Ref:3956628)   #22
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What do you mean? Win Le Mans? Get a point in F1?
Old 10 Feb 2020, 22:12 (Ref:3956874)   #23
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
What do you mean? Win Le Mans? Get a point in F1?
Get a point in F1.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 22:12 (Ref:3956875)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

I think you would be surprised, I expect to see improvements made by Racing Point this season
Old 10 Feb 2020, 22:15 (Ref:3956876)   #25
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think you would be surprised, I expect to see improvements made by Racing Point this season
All the more reason why Aston Martin's 2nd attempt should be more successful than 1959/1960.