Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Oct 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4080285)   #1
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2023 and beyond DRIVER ANNOUNCEMENTS MEGA THREAD

One of the most intriguing aspects of the new sportscar landscape - I thought it would be cool to make one place for all the driver announcements.

We're starting to see the first of potentially 50+ manufacturer seats being filled across both WEC and IMSA for 2023. Plus you have other programmes like Lambo, Alpine, McLaren??, coming along a year later.

So what do we know so far?

Peugeot - Kevin Magnussen, Jean-Eric Vergne, Loic Duval, Gustavo Menezes, Paul Di Resta, Mikkel Jensen (assuming drivers are all on multi-year deals)

Audi - Rene Rast, Nico Muller (self confirmed)

Porsche - Yifel Ye, Felipe Nasr, Dane Cameron (TBC/heavily rumoured. Unsure of WEC/IMSA duties)

Cadillac - Earl Bamber, Alex Lynn, Renger van der Zande, Sebastien Bourdais (assumption these will extend over into '23)

Are there any other announcements I've missed so far? Major rumours?

Last edited by Simmi; 27 Oct 2021 at 14:34.
Old 27 Oct 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4080287)   #2
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
We're starting to see the first of potentially 50+ manufacturer seats being filled across both WEC and IMSA for 2013.
I know we're all looking forward to Hypercar/LMDh, but I think it's a bit much to expect them to reach time-travelling speeds!

I think you've got all the ones I've heard of. There were musing about Tandy going to Cadillac when Bamber was announced, but nothing more.

Edit - Toyota drivers? We know Ogier & Hirakawa have been testing, so one of the current roster may be on their way out.
Old 27 Oct 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4080289)   #3
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For BMW I would say Connor De Philippi, Augusto Farfus and Bruno Spengler are likely. Spengler has P1 experience, De Philippi is actively getting proto experience and I don't see BMW not including Farfus. But who else though? Krohn? Eng? Edwards?
Old 27 Oct 2021, 14:37 (Ref:4080290)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I know we're all looking forward to Hypercar/LMDh, but I think it's a bit much to expect them to reach time-travelling speeds!

I think you've got all the ones I've heard of. There were musing about Tandy going to Cadillac when Bamber was announced, but nothing more.

Edit - Toyota drivers? We know Ogier & Hirakawa have been testing, so one of the current roster may be on their way out.
Haha ooops. Fixed!

Yeah I was thinking about Toyota. There's the assumption those guys will stay put, but as new manufacturers flood into the sport there could be temptation to jump ship. I also think a third car for Spa + LM could be a possibility in the future.
Old 27 Oct 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4080296)   #5
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I think on Endurance-Info they mentioned Ogier is not being considered as a full-time driver but *may* be in the frame for a 3rd car (at Le Mans) if they field an additional car.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4080430)   #6
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
James Rossiter was also named as Peugeot simulator and reserve driver. Not impossible he gets a race drive at some point.

Glickenhaus?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4080433)   #7
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
James Rossiter was also named as Peugeot simulator and reserve driver. Not impossible he gets a race drive at some point.

Glickenhaus?
Good question. I got the feeling that not all of their drivers would be returning next season. Would like to see Derani there again but they have already lost Menezes to Pug.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 14:48 (Ref:4080435)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But would Derani be retained/fully paid by Caddy for some WEC/LM time?
Old 28 Oct 2021, 17:27 (Ref:4080460)   #9
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
'23 almost feels a bit far into the future to be chatting about Glickenhaus drivers right now. Hope they are still in the mix.
Old 28 Oct 2021, 17:57 (Ref:4080463)   #10
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will we have a planet left in 2023? If we are still here will we be allowed motor racing? The climate change lot seem to think we are as good as dead?
Old 29 Oct 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4080554)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
But would Derani be retained/fully paid by Caddy for some WEC/LM time?
Good point, he may end up being one of the factory Caddy drivers in the WEC.

Quote:
'23 almost feels a bit far into the future to be chatting about Glickenhaus drivers right now. Hope they are still in the mix.
I feel that way about a lot of the program announcements for 23. We have a whole season to get through before that!
Old 29 Oct 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4080588)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
For BMW I would say Connor De Philippi, Augusto Farfus and Bruno Spengler are likely. Spengler has P1 experience, De Philippi is actively getting proto experience and I don't see BMW not including Farfus. But who else though? Krohn? Eng? Edwards?
It'll be good to see Tracy back......
Old 30 Oct 2021, 19:50 (Ref:4080723)   #13
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It'll be good to see Tracy back......
Definitely...

In all seriousness, did Tracy stop racing? Can't remember I've seen him running in (major) series since 2019/2020.
Old 30 Oct 2021, 22:50 (Ref:4080741)   #14
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Definitely...

In all seriousness, did Tracy stop racing? Can't remember I've seen him running in (major) series since 2019/2020.
Haven't seen him since Krohn was on a Proton car in 19 I think it was. Wonder if 2020 caught him out and he hasn't found a good program yet.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 08:54 (Ref:4080779)   #15
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Definitely...

He was driving on the Nürburgring-Nordschleife at the 24h with a Cup Porsche the last years,
Old 31 Oct 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4080813)   #16
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Anthony Davidson probably won't be in the reckoning for factory rides. He announced this morning that he'll retire from full time driving after next week's race in Bahrain.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4080823)   #17
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks like Ye is doing some Porsche GT racing next year. I'd have thought that remaining in P2 would be the ideal prep but he's obviously going to have close ties to the programme.

https://sportscar365.com/industry/ye...lected-driver/
Old 31 Oct 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4080830)   #18
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Anthony Davidson probably won't be in the reckoning for factory rides. He announced this morning that he'll retire from full time driving after next week's race in Bahrain.
That's a shame, he's been great for the sport. There's an outside chance he could end his career with an LMP2 driver/team title next week, but I hope his last race is a good one regardless.

Quote:
Looks like Ye is doing some Porsche GT racing next year. I'd have thought that remaining in P2 would be the ideal prep but he's obviously going to have close ties to the programme.

https://sportscar365.com/industry/ye...lected-driver/
I can't find the post right now, but I'm sure I asked this when Ye to Porsche was revealed. I suspect Porsche would have preferred to keep him in LMP2, but with WRT almost certainly going the way of Audi - who are not exactly short of factory drivers - it doesn't make much sense to keep a rival driver sharp.

Besides, the last time Porsche "promoted" a GT driver or two to prototypes, it went rather well for them.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 09:37 (Ref:4081250)   #19
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Big Toyota news - Kaz Nakajima is leaving at the end of the season - https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...wec-squad.html

I did think some of their guys might get poached. Wonder where he'll land next...
Old 3 Nov 2021, 10:09 (Ref:4081257)   #20
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Or maybe he's just retiring? Awesome career if so.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 13:28 (Ref:4081277)   #21
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Or maybe he's just retiring? Awesome career if so.
He was interviewed by Sportscar365 and it seems like he was forced to step down by Toyota and maybe pushed into a team management role. He was looking forward to racing against all the manufacturers entering.
Old 3 Nov 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4081352)   #22
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
I need to keep better track of my own posts. I definitely said somewhere on here that Nakajima leaving was likely the reason for all the action at Toyota!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
He was interviewed by Sportscar365 and it seems like he was forced to step down by Toyota and maybe pushed into a team management role. He was looking forward to racing against all the manufacturers entering.
Although I must mention the rule of cautious editing judgement, that interview was more revealing than I expected. Nicolas, Anthony, Kazuki - the Logan's Run of TMG continues...
Old 3 Nov 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4081356)   #23
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
A new era is coming for endurance racing, with many Hypercar manufacturers joining in the next years, and it will be a new era for me. I will continue to support the team and I look forward to watching the start of a new, exciting time for endurance racing.
- K.N.
It does sound like a move to a managerial role.

Elsewhere, Brundle commits to serve at interpol. https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...mpetition.html
Multi-year deal meaning he gave up on an LMDh drive that he looked for?

Last edited by Pandamasque; 3 Nov 2021 at 20:33.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 10:37 (Ref:4081422)   #24
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Elsewhere, Brundle commits to serve at interpol. https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...mpetition.html
Don't see IE getting hold of a LMDh in '23 but it could be a case of positioning himself. He's a smart guy and aligning himself to a gentleman driver (young or old) is a savvy move.

In other news, Nico Hulkenberg has ruled himself out of an Indycar drive next year - https://twitter.com/HulkHulkenberg/s...05669770608648

Surely he's on a few lists.
Old 4 Nov 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4081430)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Elsewhere, Brundle commits to serve at interpol.

i’m noticing a trend of lmp2 teams levelling up recently. you can just run the car like a ginetta junior and be pretty competitive but halfway into the season that’ll start to bite you versus the teams with a more formal engineering team. especially if you’re only running one car and don’t have options for parts rotation and stuff you end up spending a hell of a lot running just one car with no added value for money from parts rotation or cascading.

i don’t know who the lead brain is at inter europol now but alex has obviously seen and been a part of some progress he likes the smell of this season. you don’t have to be on a one year deal at the pointy end for people to take note.