Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2023 Repco V8Supercar Driver's Championship?
#2 | Nick Percat | WAU | Mustang 0 0%
#3 | Todd Hazelwood | TBR | Mustang 1 4.76%
#4 | Jack Smith | BJR/JSR | Camaro 1 4.76%
#5 | James Courtney | Tickford | Mustang 0 0%
#6 | Cameron Waters | Tickford | Mustang 2 9.52%
#8 | Andre Heimgartner | BJR | Camaro 0 0%
#9 | Will Brown | Erebus | Camaro 0 0%
#11 | Anton De Pasquale | DJR | Mustang 0 0%
#14 | Bryce Fullwood | BJR | Camaro 0 0%
#17 | Will Davison | DJR | Mustang 1 4.76%
#18 | Mark Winterbottom | T18 | Camaro 0 0%
#19 | Matt Payne | Grove | Mustang 0 0%
#20 | Scott Pye | T18 | Camaro 0 0%
#22 | Tim Slade | PremiAir | Camaro 0 0%
#25 | Chaz Mostert | WAU | Mustang 3 14.29%
#26 | David Reynolds | Grove | Mustang 0 0%
#31 | James Golding | PremiAir | Camaro 0 0%
#34 | Jack Le Brocq | MSR | Camaro 0 0%
#35 | Cameron Hill | MSR | Camaro 0 0%
#55 | Thomas Randle | Tickford | Mustang 0 0%
#56 | Declan Fraser (*NEW*)| Tickford | Mustang 0 0%
#88 | Broc Feeney | 888 | Camaro 0 0%
#96 | Macauley Jones | BJR | Camaro 0 0%
#97 | Shane Van Gisbergen | 888 | Camaro 13 61.90%
#99 | Brodie Kostecki | Erebus | Camaro 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Dec 2021, 00:10 (Ref:4087808)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2023 RSC Silly Season (WITH POLL)

It will come along soon enough... the move to Gen3 will provide movement... in pilots, in engineering resource, in team continuity, in manufacturer swaps potentially... a place to plonk the playtime..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Dec 2021, 01:14 (Ref:4087820)   #2
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
TOO SOON MY MAN!
TOO SOON!
Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4087900)   #3
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any teams going to switch from Ford to Chevy? Or are any Holden teams going to choose Ford over Chevy?
Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4087903)   #4
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any other Manufacturers? Im guessing no ?

Pity
Old 9 Dec 2021, 11:26 (Ref:4087904)   #5
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Any other Manufacturers? Im guessing no ?

Pity
Gen3 seems to have been designed specifically around getting the Camaro in and making sure the Mustang looks like a Mustang. Seamer also said only V8s are welcome going forward.

I can’t imagine many manufacturers will be interested because of the “V8 only” rule alone.

It seems like Gen3 was only ever just a cart to get a Camaro in no matter what, even the cost cuts lost out (if you believe the talk)
Old 9 Dec 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4087919)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Development costs will go down, but the parts costings compared to now, are a bit of an unknown. Are the teams making their own, to the prescribed specs, or are they buying them in?
Old 20 Dec 2021, 03:05 (Ref:4090627)   #7
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Development costs will go down, but the parts costings compared to now, are a bit of an unknown. Are the teams making their own, to the prescribed specs, or are they buying them in?
Anything that has been tendered, is to be built to a spec for the teams to buy.

I don't think development budgets will get swiped out completely...other than some of the bespoke parts some of teams might have been making.

Plus sooner or later someone will find part of the car that is free and able to be developed...
Old 21 Apr 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4107497)   #8
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Gen3 seems to have been designed specifically around getting the Camaro in and making sure the Mustang looks like a Mustang. Seamer also said only V8s are welcome going forward.

I can’t imagine many manufacturers will be interested because of the “V8 only” rule alone.

It seems like Gen3 was only ever just a cart to get a Camaro in no matter what, even the cost cuts lost out (if you believe the talk)
It will be interesting in the years to come when both SC and NASCAR work out that when V8's bite the dust and are no longer relevant in the market place both series will have a major problem. Saying "never" nearly always bites you back, the fact that the series is built around two cars one of which seems to have a short term expiry date will present problems in the not too distant future. I know that the motors are not production based but if the series becomes irrelevant due to the equipment used it will die a slow death. Some would say that slow death has already started, I am not sure about that but statements such as Seamer is spouting might accelerate its demise, talk about opening his mouth to change feet!!
Old 26 Apr 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4108079)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toyota should enter the Camry, just like in NASCAR...
Old 26 Apr 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4108107)   #10
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
yep why not, more the merrier.
Old 26 Apr 2022, 15:33 (Ref:4108129)   #11
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Let's hear the business case for that. Just because Toyota US can make it work there does not translate to making it work here. The market for V8 cars in Oz is dead apart from a few bespoke imports from the US and the very few from Europe which are rapidly disappearing.
Old 31 Jul 2022, 01:02 (Ref:4121087)   #12
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
SO is Boost coming or going 2023?

Intersting times.
Old 1 Aug 2022, 01:42 (Ref:4121302)   #13
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Intersting times.
Is it white or yellow?
Old 1 Aug 2022, 03:44 (Ref:4121310)   #14
Casper
Veteran

Quote:

Intersting times.
Why do you doubt what you can read, it seems clear cut to me.
Old 1 Aug 2022, 04:22 (Ref:4121313)   #15
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Why do you doubt what you can read, it seems clear cut to me.
Sometimes I wonder if its all about media Hype thats all

Time will tell i guess.
Old 2 Aug 2022, 00:50 (Ref:4121479)   #16
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The market for V8 cars in Oz is dead apart from a few bespoke imports from the US and the very few from Europe which are rapidly disappearing.
There's never been a V8 fitted to a Camry anywhere around the world, sold through a dealership, but Toyota off the back of their entry in the Truck series with the Tundra made the move up to Cup series. They've kept the Camry in Cup, changed the Xfinity series to Supra and have kept the formula the same.

You don't see a V8 in a Supra in a showroom, but they know how to leverage the marketing from the racing in series.

Same goes here, any halfwit without a marketing degree can say it won't work. But a halfwit with a marketing degree, supreme knowledge of the demographics at the track, and with a well thought out plan could sell ice to the eskimo's.

We are being told that the V8 market is dead for road cars because of emissions, polar bears running out of icebergs to suck on and some little girl in Europe having a tantrum. Which is all fair enough, I don't disagree with all of that (except tantrums, kids need discipline). But motorsport makes up how much of emissions?? We don't race every day, nor every of the 52 weekends we have a year. With the right "V8 only" formula, sustainable fuels, hybrid power, eco tyre compounds, solar offsets, reduce food wastage racing product, people could still enjoy racing in some shape or form and choose to drive that product of the manufacture.

We need group therapy to get over this whole it needs to look like this and have this in the showroom and then be the same on track.

The cardinal sin was putting a Ford engine in a Chevy or vice-versa, but now that would be deemed putting a ICE in an Electric vehicle. I wouldn't be expecting any manufacture to do something like that.
Old 2 Aug 2022, 03:26 (Ref:4121488)   #17
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Australian politician, will have us all sitting in the dark freezing our tits off.

Meanwhile in the third world countries they are breeding like rabbits, everyone turns a blind eye to coal being used in Europe, or that China and India can heat up the world.

Looking forward to watching the World Series Electric Sprintcars, hopefully Greta could be a grid girl!
Old 8 Aug 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4122229)   #18
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
You don't see a V8 in a Supra in a showroom, but they know how to leverage the marketing from the racing in series.
That's all fine, but there is no reason an Australian touring car can not or should not have a turbocharged six cylinder engine.

Yes Supra and Z (and BMW M4 and Audi RS5) could race with V8 engines, but I think it would be best if they raced with V6/I6 twin-turbos for the purposes of *variety* and staying true to the conventions of touring car racing. (Albeit the Supra could be running the Lexus LS500 engine, the actual Toyota V6 twin-turbo, rather than the BMW engine, or otherwise the Supra and M4 could both use the same BMW engine -- either way .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
With the right "V8 only" formula
Are you implying the new 4-cylinder hybrid Mercedes C63 AMG is not an improvement on the old V8 model?!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 8 Aug 2022 at 14:03.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 06:41 (Ref:4122495)   #19
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
That's all fine, but there is no reason an Australian touring car can not or should not have a turbocharged six cylinder engine.

Yes Supra and Z (and BMW M4 and Audi RS5) could race with V8 engines, but I think it would be best if they raced with V6/I6 twin-turbos for the purposes of *variety* and staying true to the conventions of touring car racing. (Albeit the Supra could be running the Lexus LS500 engine, the actual Toyota V6 twin-turbo, rather than the BMW engine, or otherwise the Supra and M4 could both use the same BMW engine -- either way .)

Are you implying the new 4-cylinder hybrid Mercedes C63 AMG is not an improvement on the old V8 model?!
Can we please move on from this obsession with a production based formula?? You want to play production car racing, by all means feel free to do so. But when you're suppose to be the peak racing category in the country, being able to service and repair your race cars quickly between rounds, along with building them, you can't rely on a production vehicle. Did you ever see how much a team would butcher a shell from either Holden or Ford??
They keep talking about how Gen2 made it cheap and easier to repair, and now they claim the same with Gen 3. Emphasis on the cheaper and quicker part, plus we don't have production lines of cars to source parts from locally, so they would be at the mercy of the international shipping.

As for your 4-pot AMG, whatever, honestly couldn't give two s$$t's. I'm happy to watch anything with entertainment value, along with close racing and multiple lead changes. If I wanted to watch production car racing, I would get a chair and go sit out on the main road.

Is it Garry Rogers that says all you get from looking back is a sore neck??
Old 24 Aug 2022, 05:49 (Ref:4123550)   #20
Shabbie
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
Shabbie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it Garry Rogers that says all you get from looking back is a sore neck??[/QUOTE]

Naa, Dick Johnson
Old 26 Aug 2022, 00:48 (Ref:4123690)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
it absolutely, categorically is not.

Numbers on a dyno sheet don't excite me in isolation, but when they come with awesome sound and vibration it becomes compelling.

The 2L in the A45 is a remarkable piece of engineering but it sounds like ****.

For the lebs and teenagers that think a crackle map on a Golf R isn't quite annoying enough.
Old 26 Aug 2022, 06:52 (Ref:4123698)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime... with the open seats... who from the current crop of interlopers might be taking them up...

If you believe the stories there might just be:
- 1x seat in a BJR prepared Chev
- 1x seat in a TBR prepared Ford
- 1x seat in a T18 prepared Chev
- 1x seat in a GR prepared Ford
- 1x seat in a Tickford prepared Ford
- 2x seats in PremiAir prepared Chevs

Any more possible moves.. ?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Aug 2022, 12:00 (Ref:4123739)   #23
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Meantime... with the open seats... who from the current crop of interlopers might be taking them up...

If you believe the stories there might just be:
- 1x seat in a BJR prepared Chev
- 1x seat in a TBR prepared Ford
- 1x seat in a T18 prepared Chev
- 1x seat in a GR prepared Ford
- 1x seat in a Tickford prepared Ford

Any more possible moves.. ?

Maybe a seat for Richie (dependant on Bathurst drive)
Couthard surely somewhere?
Is Jacobson gone forever?
Old 29 Aug 2022, 04:50 (Ref:4124101)   #24
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is there not a Slade signature on one of those?
Old 29 Aug 2022, 07:53 (Ref:4124117)   #25
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Is there not a Slade signature on one of those?
I think your correct.