Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:32 (Ref:4168213)   #2501
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Autosport today, "Motorbase plans to support BTCC customer team in 2024. British Touring Car Championship powerhouse Motorbase Performance is aiming to assist a team new to the series with a supply of its all-conquering Ford Focus STs for 2024." "The team plans to support what could amount to a satellite operation with a supply of two or four versions of the Ford."

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...2024/10495358/

It'll be interesting to see if this develops into anything
Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:41 (Ref:4168214)   #2502
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One Motorsport have 'dismissed' Will Powell this morning. Wonder if they'll keep the name?
Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:41 (Ref:4168215)   #2503
SSmith
Veteran

There's also this today:

"ONE MOTORSPORT TEAM STATEMENT - WILL POWELL

One Motorsport can today (13th July) announce that as of the 30th June 2023, it has dismissed Will Powell from the Team in all commercial and driver roles.

No further comment can be made at this time."

https://twitter.com/onemotorsport_/s...38204850642947
Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:42 (Ref:4168217)   #2504
t4tinks
Rookie

t4tinks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The One Motorsport statement is quite strong, using the word ‘dismissed’ regarding Will Powell, rather than he has left the team. Wonder what’s gone on there ….
Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:44 (Ref:4168218)   #2505
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
One Motorsport have 'dismissed' Will Powell this morning. Wonder if they'll keep the name?
It'll be interesting to see how this story develops
Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:45 (Ref:4168219)   #2506
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4tinks View Post
The One Motorsport statement is quite strong, using the word ‘dismissed’ regarding Will Powell, rather than he has left the team. Wonder what’s gone on there ….
Yeah sounds all a bit messy, certainly to warrant issuing a public statement like that! Given his role with the team, I presume it wasn’t for his driving.

So… Crees? Proctor?
Old 13 Jul 2023, 10:49 (Ref:4168221)   #2507
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
From Autosport today, "Motorbase plans to support BTCC customer team in 2024. British Touring Car Championship powerhouse Motorbase Performance is aiming to assist a team new to the series with a supply of its all-conquering Ford Focus STs for 2024." "The team plans to support what could amount to a satellite operation with a supply of two or four versions of the Ford."

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...2024/10495358/

It'll be interesting to see if this develops into anything
Hopefully that’ll be a new team, but I suspect it’s more likely that PMR or even One will take an interest.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 11:09 (Ref:4168223)   #2508
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Hopefully that’ll be a new team, but I suspect it’s more likely that PMR or even One will take an interest.
That's my thinking as well - good if it was someone new, but could just as likely be an existing team (if these plans come to fruition of course).
Old 13 Jul 2023, 11:19 (Ref:4168225)   #2509
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4tinks View Post
That sort of language usually indicates that it's something non-motorsport related. No indication of anything that I've seen yet, but in similar cases in the past it has been trouble with the law.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 11:23 (Ref:4168226)   #2510
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
That's my thinking as well - good if it was someone new, but could just as likely be an existing team (if these plans come to fruition of course).

You actually quoted from the Autosport article which stated that it was for a team that is new to the series. That therefore would seem to preclude both "One" and PMR unless, of course, that Powell is intending to set up a new team or now intends to join a team from another series and then become the satellite outfit.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4168228)   #2511
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did post last week after the Donington test, but didn't feel it right to post at that time about what was said about rumoured driver changes - but one person involved in BTCC at the test (you can work out which team they were involved with....) accused Powell of owing money in BTCC, TCR UK and BEC. Even stuff like photographers being owed small amounts and chasing for months to no avail.

Makes you wonder - if it's money - if it's more than just not payig bills?
Old 13 Jul 2023, 11:48 (Ref:4168229)   #2512
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
You actually quoted from the Autosport article which stated that it was for a team that is new to the series. That therefore would seem to preclude both "One" and PMR unless, of course, that Powell is intending to set up a new team or now intends to join a team from another series and then become the satellite outfit.
Yes, and it slipped my mind when I wrote my earlier comment.

Whomever it is that may or may not be running cars needs TBLs.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4168236)   #2513
Evantra
Veteran

England
https://twitter.com/teamhardracing/s...T11pmdgnSSDQzA

Unique livery for HARD at FOS
Old 13 Jul 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4168263)   #2514
Evantra
Veteran

England
On the subject of 2024, looks like TCR UK midfielder Jamie Tonks (who is moving over to JCW MINIs) is aiming for a BTCC drive.

https://twitter.com/excelr8m/status/...T11pmdgnSSDQzA
Old 13 Jul 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4168274)   #2515
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I did post last week after the Donington test, but didn't feel it right to post at that time about what was said about rumoured driver changes - but one person involved in BTCC at the test (you can work out which team they were involved with....) accused Powell of owing money in BTCC, TCR UK and BEC. Even stuff like photographers being owed small amounts and chasing for months to no avail.

Makes you wonder - if it's money - if it's more than just not payig bills?
How integral was he to the operation of One Motorsport? Could there be a risk to their involvement moving forward?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
Old 13 Jul 2023, 16:55 (Ref:4168275)   #2516
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
On the subject of 2024, looks like TCR UK midfielder Jamie Tonks (who is moving over to JCW MINIs) is aiming for a BTCC drive.

https://twitter.com/excelr8m/status/...T11pmdgnSSDQzA
I would imagine he'll be aiming at one of the EXCLER8 Hyundai seats, probably replacing Nick Halstead who looks quite out of his depth. Big wallet so I'd be surprised if he's not on the grid.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 17:18 (Ref:4168281)   #2517
Evantra
Veteran

England
From Will Powell on Instagram -

“ Thank you to friends, colleagues and fellow drivers who have sent supportive messages about my departure from the @one.motorsport BTCC team following the owner’s social media post this morning.

I’m fine!

I won’t be talking in detail about the last nine months, as tends to be the way in business disputes like this, and I wouldn’t be posting about it at all normally, as I prefer to stay professional. It’s disappointing and I will tell the story when the time is right.

For now, I simply want to say thanks to all the amazing guys who work on the shop floor at the team - you all know who you are. ??

Thanks also to my sponsors and former Motus customers for their recent support despite a turbulent time. Things sometimes just don’t work out as planned.

As one doors closes another one opens. I’ll be back at it, with next steps and plans to be announced very shortly.

Finally good luck to my fellow @btcc drivers for the rest of the season! Go well and look after each other!!

No one likes a fuss, so now scroll on and read something else ?“
Old 13 Jul 2023, 19:06 (Ref:4168292)   #2518
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Graves Motorsport have/had BTCC ambitions. Could it be them?
Old 13 Jul 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4168293)   #2519
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Graves Motorsport have/had BTCC ambitions. Could it be them?
If Graves are still aiming at the BTCC, they have two ex-BTCC drivers in Coates and Hammerton, and a strong team sponsor in Omologato watches.
Old 13 Jul 2023, 21:58 (Ref:4168304)   #2520
Evantra
Veteran

England
Judging by comments from a relation on BTC’s post, it won’t be Crees getting the BTC seat.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 08:31 (Ref:4168345)   #2521
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Big news on Powell leaving the team. Seems he had no choice in the matter. Wonder who will replace him? Croft is only two weeks away, so I wonder if they will leave the seat vacant for that meeting and bring in someone for the next one
Old 14 Jul 2023, 09:31 (Ref:4168348)   #2522
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Wonder who will replace him?
Looks like that is no longer a mystery.

https://www.team-hard.com/team-hard-...amicable-split

https://www.btcc.net/2023/07/14/jade...one-motorsport
Old 14 Jul 2023, 09:39 (Ref:4168350)   #2523
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post

Ah, but who's going to replace her at Hard.?
Old 14 Jul 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4168351)   #2524
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
That’s unexpected.
Old 14 Jul 2023, 10:12 (Ref:4168355)   #2525
SSmith
Veteran

Its excellent to see Jade back at One Motorsport - hopefully she has better luck in the Honda than the CUPRA.

I guess two candidates for the HARD seat are Daryl DeLeon and Nathan Harrison given both drove the CUPRA at the Goodyear Tyre Test.