Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 16 Sep 2022, 13:06 (Ref:4126233)   #101
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Will Stevens has a drive next year but unclear yet what.

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ured-for-2023/

I'm thinking maybe it's IMSA-based if it's led to the loss of his Petit drive, but just an assumption.
I'm not sure how many dpi seats are left, possibly JDC Porsche?
Old 16 Sep 2022, 16:37 (Ref:4126255)   #102
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No more Chicago https://sportscar365.com/imsa/nascar...icago-weekend/
Old 16 Sep 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4126272)   #103
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was NEVER going to be the WeatherTech guys, was likely trying to work out the new LMP3/GT4 series or Porsche. MX-5 seemed possible but guessing teams weren't interested in car destruction
Old 20 Sep 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4126585)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pipo and Alexander Sims in at Action Express and Bourdais and van der Zande at CGR for Caddy in IMSA

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...driver-lineup/

Guess that leaves Bamber and Lynn as the WEC drivers, no word on 3rds for IMSA enduros or WEC
Old 20 Sep 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4126597)   #105
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Are we assuming Lynn will be retained? I haven't paid enough attention this past season to his driving performances.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 16:58 (Ref:4126602)   #106
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Pipo and Alexander Sims in at Action Express and Bourdais and van der Zande at CGR for Caddy in IMSA

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/s...driver-lineup/

Guess that leaves Bamber and Lynn as the WEC drivers, no word on 3rds for IMSA enduros or WEC
I remember reading that Ryan Hunter Reay had a sort of testing/development deal with Ganassi, so I had him cautiously pencilled in for an IMSA enduro drive. But I don't see why you wouldn't use Bamber and Lynn if available.
Old 20 Sep 2022, 18:07 (Ref:4126609)   #107
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Are we assuming Lynn will be retained? I haven't paid enough attention this past season to his driving performances.
He and Bamber have been doing a lot of the development driving. Would be strange to see him dropped but stranger things happen
Old 20 Sep 2022, 20:11 (Ref:4126628)   #108
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
And outta the drivers, he's probably most familiar with the euro tracks.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 02:47 (Ref:4126931)   #109
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
BMW names their drivers and shows the car in M camo livery

De Phillipi and Yelloly in one and Eng and Farfus in the other, Herta in for enduros but didn't say which car or both

https://racer.com/2022/09/22/bmw-nam...eveals-livery/
Old 23 Sep 2022, 03:01 (Ref:4126937)   #110
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice. I mean I’m not a fan of the looks, but equally I’d be disappointed if I was a fan of all of them. That would probably mean they were boringly similar.

It’s a dramatic front end.

This has a little show car about it. Which is fine. Not long till we see it properly.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 03:04 (Ref:4126939)   #111
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Have a feeling it will be on a truck, or a roller copy, headed east tomorrow morning. They and GM have always had big displays at Petit, and they love their historic cars
Old 23 Sep 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4126980)   #112
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
DSC article says test car will be at Petit on display, makes sense since they and Caddy and Acura will be testing Monday 10-3 as well.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 13:09 (Ref:4126984)   #113
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Nice. I mean I’m not a fan of the looks, but equally I’d be disappointed if I was a fan of all of them. That would probably mean they were boringly similar.

It’s a dramatic front end.

This has a little show car about it. Which is fine. Not long till we see it properly.
I am just happy they didn't change that livery too much. I think it is a bit dramatic and different - but in a good way! Sure there is a lot of red white and black because it is a factory car, but that blue looks good to me.
Old 23 Sep 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4127030)   #114
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I like the intention of the side shot where it comes together. But yeah corporate M colors kinda dictate what's up
Old 26 Sep 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4127506)   #115
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
After changes to the LMP2 class in the WEC, TDS is looking to run a two car program in IMSA in 2023:

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...p2-effort.html
Old 26 Sep 2022, 19:09 (Ref:4127561)   #116
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know what to exect from the BMW. Their latest racing products have not been that competitive against opposition
The last DTM car, the M6 gt3, the M8 GTE - to me they have all struggled against the competition. Yest they have won some big races but it always seemed that it was helped by BOP but never felt like a constant threat like other GT3 or GTE cars.
The new M4 GT3 seems to be better preared but even that one seems to not be on the level as the products from other manufacturers like Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, Ferrari and Lamborghini

It will be interesting to see how the LMdH pans out
Old 28 Sep 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4127768)   #117
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rumoured TDS P2 programme confirmed for next year.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/t...ogram-in-2023/

If Merriman can compete for a P2 title then Heriau can I guess.
Old 30 Sep 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4127935)   #118
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
6 and 7 for the works Porsches next year. Nice

Old 1 Oct 2022, 06:08 (Ref:4128016)   #119
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some interesting chat on this week's TWISC episode including that in testing the GTP cars are proving quicker than expected. Marshall expecting track records to be broken everywhere next year.
200+mph entry speed to Daytona turn 1 mentioned.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4128062)   #120
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Some interesting chat on this week's TWISC episode including that in testing the GTP cars are proving quicker than expected. Marshall expecting track records to be broken everywhere next year.

200+mph entry speed to Daytona turn 1 mentioned.
That is fantastic! I wonder how that will be balanced with hypercar at LeMans?
Old 1 Oct 2022, 12:38 (Ref:4128065)   #121
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Poorly, I'd guess
Old 1 Oct 2022, 15:17 (Ref:4128094)   #122
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Everyone gets 2 cinder blocks to deliver to the far side of the track
Old 3 Oct 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4128525)   #123
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
https://waynetaylorracing.com/news/W...for_2023/72270

WTR adds Deletraz for the enduros next year. Plus Hartley for Daytona.
Old 3 Oct 2022, 12:22 (Ref:4128531)   #124
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:

That is a strong line up.

I saw that there were a couple other driver announcements for Le Mans too, but that's a different thread.
Old 3 Oct 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4128568)   #125
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Hard to see that lineup being topped in the endurance races next year. If WTR don't do well, it won't be because of pace.