Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 27 Sep 2022, 16:45 (Ref:4127684)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2023 IndyCar season schedule released.

The 2023 IndyCar season schedule has been released.
Attached Thumbnails
317598522_10159022077485848_2052105047874353934_n.jpg  

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 29 Nov 2022 at 13:02.
Old 27 Sep 2022, 23:11 (Ref:4127703)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm surprised to see Mid-Ohio back on the schedule, I thought there was talk of it going away. Also I am still unsure of why there is a second Indy GP. Do they just need another race, and does Penske let them have the track for free? Otherwise I would like to see an additional track instead of going to Indy again.
Old 28 Sep 2022, 17:22 (Ref:4127783)   #3
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm surprised to see Mid-Ohio back on the schedule, I thought there was talk of it going away. Also I am still unsure of why there is a second Indy GP. Do they just need another race, and does Penske let them have the track for free? Otherwise I would like to see an additional track instead of going to Indy again.

In 2020 a second event was hosted at the IMS Grand Prix circuit, the Harvest Grand Prix at the beginning of October, as part of the revised calendar due to the Covid-19 pandemic. I presume they've kept it to make up the numbers as it would be relatively easy to hold the race.

I agree with you, I too would like to see an additional track on the calendar but which one?
Old 30 Sep 2022, 14:12 (Ref:4127948)   #4
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
In 2020 a second event was hosted at the IMS Grand Prix circuit, the Harvest Grand Prix at the beginning of October, as part of the revised calendar due to the Covid-19 pandemic. I presume they've kept it to make up the numbers as it would be relatively easy to hold the race.

I agree with you, I too would like to see an additional track on the calendar but which one?
Well since I am currently sitting at Road Atlanta, it would get my vote! It would be an additional east coast market race and you wouldn't have to make a new street circuit. The facility already exists!
Old 30 Sep 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4127959)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Well since I am currently sitting at Road Atlanta, it would get my vote! It would be an additional east coast market race and you wouldn't have to make a new street circuit. The facility already exists!

Road Atlanta would make an excellent addition to the calendar.
Old 1 Oct 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4128071)   #6
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I suspect Green Savoree have a lot of sway with the series, given they promote four races on the calendar (St. Pete, Toronto, Portland, and Mid-O). They also own the Mid-Ohio track, so are likely in a good position to negotiate terms that are attractive to the series?

All that said, it's a great track and I'd be sad to see it go from the schedule, so happy it's back.
Old 8 Oct 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4129226)   #7
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

Road Atlanta would make an excellent addition to the calendar.
No race in Georgia is indeed a glaring omission. It's just that there does not seem to be a suitable track at this point. Last thing I heard about the Braselton venue is that its safety features did not fit IndyCar's standards. But that probably could be worked on. Then again, isn't the track owned by some NASCAR related organisation these days? That could be a hurdle.

IndyCar should also have a look if the safety features of the oval at Charlotte are suitable nowadays, and if they are, have a test there to determine if it would provide good racing.

Talk of Milwaukee is never far away when possible additions are mentioned. But Mexico City surely could have pulled in a big crowd on race day even if it had had a race this year. It's overtime for IndyCar to go racing again in Mexico City. It would be great in the spring or in the fall.

Regarding the released schedule, I think I will miss Belle Isle.
Old 10 Oct 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4129734)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll miss Belle Islle as well. I always liked it.

We've discussed this several times in this sub forum, forum and off forum. To Yannick's point, Road Atlanta would need significant safety upgrades in order for them to even think about have a race there.

I think they should do a race through the streets of Atlanta, if for nothing else, to **** broadrun off

For those who haven't seen it or don't want to internet search for it like i did , here's the announcement w/ schedule:

https://www.indycar.com/news/2022/09/09-27-2023schedule

I wish they would put "Gateway" next to "World Wide Technology Raceway".
Old 11 Oct 2022, 14:34 (Ref:4129909)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wouldn **** me off FAR more to screw with Road Atlanta than Atlanta. I have comp and vacation time and could work from home and some roads could use a repave so bring it on in town. Although they would probably race in Suwanee or Johns Creek and call it Atlanta like everyone else does
Old 11 Oct 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4129918)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wouldn **** me off FAR more to screw with Road Atlanta than Atlanta. I have comp and vacation time and could work from home and some roads could use a repave so bring it on in town. Although they would probably race in Suwanee or Johns Creek and call it Atlanta like everyone else does
of course they would!!
Old 12 Oct 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4130058)   #11
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
See also: Toronto Motorsports Park, conveniently located in Cayuga, about a two hour drive from downtown Toronto.