Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 22 Feb 2023, 21:28 (Ref:4144583)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steve McQueen's Lost Movie

Anybody watching Sky Art TV channel. McQueen's movie about motor racing. Old shots of Silverstone, Brands, Snetterton etc. Very good, except some of the contributors weren't alive at the time of making.
Old 22 Feb 2023, 22:44 (Ref:4144593)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes I'm catching it too. It's a repeated documentary with some excellent period film. I tried to find it when it first came out (as we don't have Sky) and am glad to catch it now.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 24 Feb 2023, 09:57 (Ref:4144754)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I watched it last night. I'd heard of the movie and the fact that Frankenheimer beat them to it but I didn't realise they had captured such excellent and seemingly high quality footage. I guess we were never going to get both movies, but it's a shame that this one didn't make it. Having said that, if McQueen and Sturges had got it done and out, we would probably never have had 'Le Mans'. So for that, I'm grateful.....

Definitely worth a watch though, particularly for Garner's argument with the locals when filming 'Grand Prix'... . It's still showing on NOW in the UK with minimal adverts.