Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 21 May 2004, 13:22 (Ref:977702)   #1
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the chances......

Hey,

Right so the BTCC support race at the Brit GP has been canned due to the usual motor racing politics, rubbish, etc

What are the chances of F3 now getting on the support bill? Is it too short a notice? Surely the GP will be looking to now replace this support race?

Brit F3 should be on the support programme full stop. Its an absolute joke that it isn't. Blame FOTA the BRDC or whoever but its an absolute joke whatever. I hate to go back to this debate yet again but I do believe the Euroseries is on the support package for the French GP? Massive bonus and draw to their championship that....
Old 21 May 2004, 13:25 (Ref:977707)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree that BritF3 should be there, but I can't see themselves organising it quickly enough unfortunately.
Old 21 May 2004, 13:43 (Ref:977722)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it'd be good, but i dare say that if we're going to try and introduce new spectators to the series, having it on the most boring of tracks isn't a smart idea. as i recall, the support race they had a couple of years ago was pretty dull. we've already got one round on the gp track this year, let's not make it any worse.

prestige wise, it should be happening, but it'd make the series look really dull. imo, of course.
Old 21 May 2004, 13:50 (Ref:977733)   #4
superMINI
Racer

superMINI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's already been decided that some historic sports car race will take the slot instead.
Old 21 May 2004, 14:23 (Ref:977771)   #5
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
well thats, that then!

I don't understand why recent F3 races on the GP track have been so dull? Recent GP's on the GP circuit have been pretty entertaining!
Old 21 May 2004, 14:30 (Ref:977777)   #6
superMINI
Racer

I don't understand why the F3 race was cut in the first place.

And why BRDC have slotted historics into a spot that was to be occupied by the leading edge in Brit motorsport – what kind or representation is that other than "Hello, we're the BRDC and we're trapped in the sixties. Marketing? What's marketing?"
Old 21 May 2004, 14:35 (Ref:977783)   #7
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I agree with you SuperMini! The BRDC is doing more harm than good to a lot of things around British motor sport at the moment and this is one of them.

Historics I find boring in all shapes and sizes. Most people at an F1 meeting aren't interested either...this is meant to be the biggest meeting of the year in Britain so therefore the biggest/major championships should be there supporting it. Not a bunch of well-funded 60 year old retirees!
Old 21 May 2004, 14:40 (Ref:977789)   #8
superMINI
Racer

Why did the BTCC teams revolt anyway? Gow doesn't really go into the reasons in his press release.
Old 21 May 2004, 14:50 (Ref:977792)   #9
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have a looking at the Touring Car forum...
Old 21 May 2004, 14:51 (Ref:977793)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
Not a bunch of well-funded 60 year old retirees!
*puts on crash hat and takes cover under the sofa*
steady on gaz, you're leaving yourself open for a monumental ear-bashing from the aforementioned retirees who aren't all retired...
Old 21 May 2004, 14:53 (Ref:977796)   #11
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair if i didn't have an interest in Rossi this year i wouldn't give a flying ***k about F3 the races are usually as dull as ditch water and finishing orders decided in qualifying bar the odd first lap excursion.

I do agree with some of the views on the BRDC but historic racing is actually quite good if you bother to watch it .

Again these are just my own views.

!
Old 21 May 2004, 15:07 (Ref:977809)   #12
superMINI
Racer

Yeah but are there any historic drivers who may one day drive in F1?

That's the difference.

Save that sort of thing for Goodwood please, the GP should be a showcase of the leading edge, young talent and British motorsport in all its gleaming glory.

If only.
Old 21 May 2004, 15:11 (Ref:977812)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
in that case, someone pay to bring jamie green and lewis hamilton over to compete.

support races are about entertaining the crowd not sending them to sleep. and as i said before, the gp track plus f3 cars = a nice time to have a sleep.
Old 21 May 2004, 15:16 (Ref:977815)   #14
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Hear Hear Bella well said just a bit to processional for the GP track and they've already got one of those races earlier in the day with 2 red things at the front to bore the speccies !!
Old 21 May 2004, 16:23 (Ref:977873)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
at this point i'd bring in mathias and his comment about f3 having a red car beating everyone too but that'd just be silly

i do agree with the people who said that a ff1600 race would be a great idea in the btcc forum thread. lap times would be comedy, but it'd be a great chance to get the f1 spectators interested in motorsport? put the paddock where the spectators can get to without paying an arm and a leg (or sleeping with bernie), and you could create some seriously impressed people. maybe a ticket discount card for anyone who turns up to a ff1600 race who's been to the gp (whole family for a tenner sort of thing), and you could be onto something.
Old 21 May 2004, 16:30 (Ref:977879)   #16
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
If only hey but that'd be value for money and we can't possible have that these days can we !!

Officialy a vet now!!
Old 21 May 2004, 16:33 (Ref:977883)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it'd be active thinking too and i'm not sure the brdc believes in that, as has been said previously on this thread.
you're a what now?
Old 21 May 2004, 16:34 (Ref:977886)   #18
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Veteran = 500 posts a bit sad really
Old 21 May 2004, 16:39 (Ref:977887)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
s'ok, i have pictures of the mileometer thingy on my car when it turned 25,000 miles old. THAT'S sad

incidentally, back on topic for a moment, wouldn't the f3 lot throw am-dram's and say they wouldn't be able to get the budget together?
Old 21 May 2004, 16:52 (Ref:977912)   #20
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
You're right Bella, F3 at Silverstone just doesn't work for some reason. Yet Piquet Jr says it is his favourite UK circuit because you can overtake there.
Old 21 May 2004, 17:22 (Ref:977939)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
the gp track has some good corners, but the straights are too long if you ask me.
Old 21 May 2004, 18:10 (Ref:977984)   #22
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by bella
the gp track has some good corners, but the straights are too long if you ask me.
Long straights = rest time! V. important...
Old 21 May 2004, 18:38 (Ref:978018)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
and time to read the paper and have a cuppa?
Old 21 May 2004, 18:56 (Ref:978035)   #24
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed - important training for future F1 drivers...
Old 21 May 2004, 20:45 (Ref:978109)   #25
Werewolf
Racer

Werewolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get a pack of buzzing ff1600s on show and people can be reminded that overtaking can be done on the track as well as in the pit lane.