Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Sep 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2534514)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP Round 13 - Misano

Round 13 is underway with first practice done. Rossi leads followed by Lorenzo, Pedrosa, de Angelis and Dovizioso. Definitely looks like the usual suspects once again. I'm keen to see how Rossi will react after Indy.
Old 4 Sep 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2534736)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I can't wait ! I did see that Rossi declined a ride on King Kenny's flat tracker
On a serious note it is such a shame that the series is like it is with some of the best riders and no in depth opposition.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Sep 2009, 09:58 (Ref:2534850)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well you should think yourself lucky, if they banned electronics Vale would win races by miles!!

I think the sad fact Yamaha have built a bike like the old NSR Honda, it simply is miles better than anything else out there and importantly more rideable than anything else.
Old 5 Sep 2009, 14:00 (Ref:2534918)   #4
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi on pole. Looks like when the flag drops, he's going to disappear.

Art
Old 5 Sep 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2535068)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Love him or hate him (but who can) what a character and as for that donkey helmet ! I don't think he will just clear off unless he feels he can as he knows you can't win it on the first lap. Lorenzo will give his all as usual and the 3 way fight at the front will be interesting to say the least and I might not doze off.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Sep 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2535207)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well, the 125s were as interesting as ever. I really don't think that we'll be seeing Iannone out in Portugal though - he's not exactly got the cleanest record at the moment; and if the complete "do or die" manouvre wasn't enough to lose favour with the stewards, then the ensuing head-butt certainly will have been. Espargaro clearly should have won that race, and his dissapointment was evident.

Meanwhile though, Simon showed maturity and intelligence by holding back knowing that something like that could have happened. Also helped Bradley get a 'lucky' podium - although he does seem to be turning into a great qualifier, crap starer!
Old 6 Sep 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2535236)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I dont think Iannone's move was over the top, he had passed a few times there in the race, but the reaction after was a little daft! Just a shame that Pol could not really see it happen and get out of the way. I am fairly sure he would have tried the same at teh last turn at Barcelona!

Theh again, headbutting a guy with a crash helmet on is hardly worthy of a ban! Tis is not football and I doubt he would have done it helmetless!!
Old 6 Sep 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2535260)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I don't think my old ticker will put up with another do or die last corner move in the main race !
Old 6 Sep 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2535267)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You gotta be kidding Gordon

You never get that sort of thing too often in GP

Off to watch WSBK, this is dull as usual
Old 7 Sep 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2535731)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I think that Edwards and Hayden's comments on the crash after the start were about right, and to give them their due they didn't retaliate on the spot (unlike if one of them knocked an Italian off !)
Old 7 Sep 2009, 11:31 (Ref:2535805)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think Nicky was keen on getting shirty!! He had the same sort of body language as he did in teh Pedrosa farce a few years ago!

But guys liek De Angelis are always like this at home, I seem to remember Fogarty doing this at Brands once, and you have to remember Toselands utter embarassment at Donington, he didnt take anyone out though!!
Old 8 Sep 2009, 06:26 (Ref:2536373)   #12
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
But guys liek De Angelis are always like this at home, I seem to remember Fogarty doing this at Brands once, and you have to remember Toselands utter embarassment at Donington, he didnt take anyone out though!!
to defend DeAng a wee bit, in the replay, he seemed to have been caught out a smidge the result of Lorenzo balking Hayden, thus balking Edwards, and then DeAng.

on the second replay I noticed the accordian effect, and yes, deAng was probably a bit overcooked in there, not wanting to lose anytime, so for me, it was a racing incident--the "at home" comment really does hit the mark (Toseland, Hayden at Laguna one year etc)
Old 8 Sep 2009, 07:27 (Ref:2536390)   #13
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
The thing is that "they" like me have been racing for a fair while and know (or should) that unless you are very near the front that this will happen all the time, and you can't win anything on the first lap.
Seeing that there are very few in Moto GP at the moment maybe they all want their heads banging together ?
Old 8 Sep 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2536646)   #14
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you are absolutely right there Gordon, I think Edwards comment on "some Italian dumbass" pretty much sums it up...

cheers
Old 8 Sep 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2536680)   #15
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
would've been funny calling Rossi.. some italian dumbass

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Sep 2009, 01:12 (Ref:2536825)   #16
djb
Veteran

Dani from Bucharest, did you know that a "donkey" is also known as an "ass" (I imagine you did, hence the joke ,but wasn't sure)