Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old Yesterday, 10:08 (Ref:4122616)   #211
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder how much actually has to do with Alpine and it's current leadership.
Laurent Rossi has had much public negative feedback from public figures like Prost (keep in mind that he's also a difficult character) and a few others.

There has also been persistent rumblings that Alpine are not serious contenders in terms of championships and are not committing the level of investment (both cash, resources, people) to be true front runners, and just want to be in F1 for being part of the marketing and Rossi is just running the team like his own ego empire.

From a young drivers point of view that may not be an inspiring or desirable environment to be in, so maybe the opportunity to just be out of there is actually appealing, so rather than the Wiliams drive being unappealing, being out of contract with Alpine was actually the goal
Old Yesterday, 16:15 (Ref:4122631)   #212
Derwent
Racer

Derwent has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don't think Mark Webber comes out of this well. He has a "nice guy" image which has been spoiled.
Old Yesterday, 18:43 (Ref:4122634)   #213
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
NC, USA
Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
I don't think Mark Webber comes out of this well. He has a "nice guy" image which has been spoiled.
I think that depends upon how things work out for Piastri. And we may not know the answer for that until after he is in a seat and how he is performing vs. Alpine. In the end he is supposed to be getting the best outcome for his client and not being "nice" with Alpine.

As mentioned above. All we can do is speculate. There is no doubt a lot of untold stories/info that we all just don't have.

Richard
Old Yesterday, 21:41 (Ref:4122641)   #214
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Why?He has done an outstanding job for Piastri with 4/5 teams wanting to give him a drive.That was his role in this.
He was not supposed to sacrifice Oscar to not hurt Ricciardo’s feelings further after 2 dismal seasons when McLaren were obviously suffering buyers remorse.
The people who don’t come out of this well are Alpine who were prepared to sacrifice a 21 year old Piastri so that a 41 year old Alonso could have a graceful ride off into the sunset.Alpine got what they deserved out of this.
Old Today, 00:21 (Ref:4122643)   #215
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the people saying that Oscar, Weber etc "done dan wrong" are overlooking one thing. McLaren had already decided they wanted him out of their car. So much so that they were willing to pay many million golden parachute and many million more to a replacement rather than stick with him for just one more year.

They were looking for a replacement when team oscar made themselves known.
If Oscar hadnt taken the seat somebody else would have been signed. Two things are certain. Somebody was going to drive that car next year and it wasnt going to be Dan

The only reason we are all obsessing is the optics of one Aussie (a very popular one) getting sacked in favour of another (rookie) and the legal and PR stoush caused by Alpines clumsy handling of the affair.
Old Today, 10:38 (Ref:4122663)   #216
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
I don't think it's Oscar or Mark's fault this whole situation with Dan. Daniel has been given the chance this year, but, despite a few good results, is being overshadowed by Lando, who's still young. So no surprise McLaren are looking for a way out with him. He might not even end the year with McLaren. Can easily see Herta being given a chance

Oscar obviously sees a big opportunity with McLaren. Can McLaren take the risk? I agree though, I don't see Danny at McLaren next year.

Really we haven't heard the end of the affair and it's a shame Alpine had to make a mess of how they handled the whole situation
Old Today, 12:50 (Ref:4122668)   #217
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
im actually surprised Mclaren are buying a driver out...is this an unintended consequence of a budget cap and Mclaren finding themselves with more money then they are allowed to spend on their car?

dont get me wrong, im a fan of the cap (and of Mclaren) but i wish they could spend that money on the car because, imo, they need a lot more of something to consistently break into the top 3....and imo its not the points that Ric isnt getting keeping them from podiums.

on one hand i hope OP could be that more...but on the other hand then would that mean that Norris isnt?
Old Today, 15:19 (Ref:4122683)   #218
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
As mentioned above. All we can do is speculate. There is no doubt a lot of untold stories/info that we all just don't have
Someone gets it, so much written with so much speculation and no hard facts for any of it.