Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Aug 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4122706)   #51
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Interesting tweet from Crees:

"All I can say is that it’s embarrassing ? #btcc"
Presumably refering to the fact that as a BTCC driver of now 2.5 years experience, it's not great for his reputation that he's consistently behind another driver in his debut touring car season.
Old 13 Aug 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4122708)   #52
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
reminder , would be emabrrasing if they take each other out or hold each other and let Tingram grab another win
I get that - just not sure why nearly four months after the miscommunicaion was dealt with, it's still a laughing matter?

Guess my sense of humour differs wildly though. I personally find no comedy in teams having to manage their intra-team competition.
Old 13 Aug 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4122709)   #53
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
As a question, is there much point in changing back though? Assuming the 01 chassis is good condition.
I guess the main reason would be to put #01 back into storage.
Old 13 Aug 2022, 20:08 (Ref:4122711)   #54
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Presumably refering to the fact that as a BTCC driver of now 2.5 years experience, it's not great for his reputation that he's consistently behind another driver in his debut touring car season.
I wonder. They've been super close all season, it's not like he's being thrashed. He's far exceeded my expectations anyway.

For someone with such a happy, jokey image, it's an unusual comment to come from him. Perhaps some stuff going on behind the scenes, maybe all is not well in the team.

Admittedly I'm not sure what engine they use, could it be a complaint about a lack of speed like BTC?
Old 13 Aug 2022, 20:33 (Ref:4122712)   #55
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Interesting tweet from Crees:

"All I can say is that it’s embarrassing ? #btcc"
Seems to be referring to the M-Sport engine performance compared to other units?
Old 13 Aug 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4122713)   #56
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I get that - just not sure why nearly four months after the miscommunicaion was dealt with, it's still a laughing matter?

Guess my sense of humour differs wildly though. I personally find no comedy in teams having to manage their intra-team competition.
why must you be such a black hole for any kind of humor and fun ?

intra-team rivalry is something FUN and should be encouraged , otherwise you have complete void coorporate drones landscape or you really think for example if Senna and Prost would have hold hands together they would have been so legendary as they are today ? or say Yvan Muller and Plato
Old 13 Aug 2022, 21:15 (Ref:4122714)   #57
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Seems to be referring to the M-Sport engine performance compared to other units?
I’d agree. Some related comments from Plato today as well in his interviews on the BTCC webpage. Anything with an M-Sport engine seems to be struggling…
Old 13 Aug 2022, 22:18 (Ref:4122716)   #58
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
for example if Senna and Prost would have hold hands together they would have been so legendary as they are today ? or say Yvan Muller and Plato
Interesting, absolutely.
Entertaining, definitely.

But, I didn't find either of those rivalries something to laugh about or funny either.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 01:56 (Ref:4122726)   #59
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Arguably he's had better results in the old car that he had at the start of the year in the new car.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone (and we all know who) posts a load of stats to prove/disprove that.
That's OK, I like stats! They aren't everything, but they can make for some interesting talking points and sometimes show us patterns we might not have been aware of. I welcome anyone (with the usual caveats) who can bring new information on the BTCC or shed new light on the information available. We might not agree with the conclusions drawn but at least it gives us something to talk about.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 07:27 (Ref:4122732)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Stats are fine, although I prefer what actually happens in the race. Stats don't tell the full story, although they can act as a good guide. There's plenty of data behind the BTCC. However we shouldn't let it affect our enjoyment of the series
Old 14 Aug 2022, 08:34 (Ref:4122739)   #61
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quotes from Autosport article: "Cook bemoans “heartbreaking” failures in BTCC Snetterton qualifying".

"Cook told Autosport that ongoing work from BTC has improved the installation, as well as the chassis, which is already renowned as one of the best in the BTCC, but that simultaneous – and unrelated – failures of the throttle body and hybrid system had scuppered his qualifying effort."

"Plato’s estimation is that the BTC Hondas are still lacking 5mph on straightline speed compared to their opposition.
“My performance today was pole position perfect if we had an engine that works,” he said, “and it simply doesn’t.
“I’m really pleased with my car and the team did a brilliant job, but I won’t be able to race.
“Once I’m near someone, they slow me in the corners and that’s where we’re good – based on our data, no one’s going through them better than we are.”"

Answers a couple of q's from yesterday.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 09:49 (Ref:4122741)   #62
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
“My performance today was pole position perfect if we had an engine that works,” he said, “and it simply doesn’t.

And if I had wings, I could fly.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 10:18 (Ref:4122743)   #63
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Arguably he's had better results in the old car that he had at the start of the year in the new car.
That's true - his results have improved since getting back into #01 this season.
But statistically, #06 was getting better results than in any previous season that #01 was used.

Though I don't think stats tell the whole story - the other factor to remember is that the car has been used at Croft and Knockhill. Typically places that you would expect to see better results for a RWD car.

The main thing is that the car does not belong to WSR - so you would expect that as soon as #06 is ready to run again, #01 will be put back into storage. Unless there is a superstitious reason to continue?
Old 14 Aug 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4122744)   #64
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:

The main thing is that the car does not belong to WSR - so you would expect that as soon as #06 is ready to run again, #01 will be put back into storage. Unless there is a superstitious reason to continue?
why bother ? he might as well finish the season in 001 , it's not as if Colin would refuse to allow to run in 001 when he has a very serious title challenge now

imagine having to rebuild 006 or just scrap it and build a new 007 then having to remove hybrid from 001 and put it back the way it was before ... to much hassle now
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4122745)   #65
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the brown and yellow stripes on the dry grass at Snetterton
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:25 (Ref:4122746)   #66
porsche962fan
Veteran

such a cheap move bringing up safety car

Cook outside of points now

Last edited by porsche962fan; 14 Aug 2022 at 11:32.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4122747)   #67
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Btcc 2022 biggest flop in years. Hybrid not working. Crap msport engine letting top teams and drivers down and toca seemingly not bothered by either of these things.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:35 (Ref:4122748)   #68
porsche962fan
Veteran

yet more brokem toe links...
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4122749)   #69
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
such a cheap move bringing up safety car

Cook outside of points now
Cheap move? For a car stranded in a dangerous position?
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4122750)   #70
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Btcc 2022 biggest flop in years. Hybrid not working. Crap msport engine letting top teams and drivers down and toca seemingly not bothered by either of these things.
Fair enough, then don't watch and leave us all to it.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4122751)   #71
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
yet more brokem toe links...
Never going to prevent toe links breaking though
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4122752)   #72
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Cheap move? For a car stranded in a dangerous position?
But they're leaving Moffat's there?!
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:40 (Ref:4122753)   #73
Robshillito1990
Racer

Quote:
Oh yeah sorry not allowed an opinion on this forum unless you agree with everyone else
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4122754)   #74
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But they're leaving Moffat's there?!
It wouldn't be the first time a car has been left in a precarious position to ensure a race doesn't finish under the safety car.
Old 14 Aug 2022, 11:48 (Ref:4122755)   #75
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
doesn't it bother you if someone doesn't like aspects of it ?