Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2022, 16:00 (Ref:4115402)   #51
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Gordon, Chad Knaus and Jim France.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 18:04 (Ref:4115414)   #52
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Wow! Had not heard about Bill France too.

This project is taking on a Moon Landing level of focus.
Old 13 Jun 2022, 18:11 (Ref:4115419)   #53
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Gordon, Chad Knaus and Jim France.
I think Ray Evernham was mentioned (?)
Old 13 Jun 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4115421)   #54
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good luck to them. It will help boost Le Mans to have some big American names across the pond competing. Especially at this time
Old 13 Jun 2022, 20:58 (Ref:4115452)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Wow! Had not heard about Bill France too.

This project is taking on a Moon Landing level of focus.
I think it's also helped by many of the parts they'll use will be standard Cup bits. Apparently Ford and Toyota have been kept in the loop, especially for the hybrid and drivetrain bits, outside of what they both probably already know about the GM engine package I'd guess. I think Kelly Crandall has something about that and why Ford and Toyota aren't up in arms about preferential treatment with NASCAR being involved in a GM car so much
Old 13 Jun 2022, 22:57 (Ref:4115467)   #56
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Bill France.
Blah! Disconnect between reading and posting...

Jim...Jim...Jim France!
Old 23 Jun 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4116700)   #57
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Drums are pounding Jimmie Johnson signals

Also, Action Express to be involved in the G56 Nascar effort? Did 'we' know that?

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...rage-56-drive/
Old 23 Jun 2022, 13:33 (Ref:4116701)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, Action Express developed the current gen Cup car so they would be doing the work to build up the chassis. I would not be surprised to see them run the car for LM as well since CGR gets the WEC Caddy chassis
Old 23 Jun 2022, 16:35 (Ref:4116724)   #59
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, Action Express developed the current gen Cup car so they would be doing the work to build up the chassis. I would not be surprised to see them run the car for LM as well since CGR gets the WEC Caddy chassis
Thanks, I hace been under a rock apparently. I thought Action Exp was an outgrowth from Flis? So, owned by Jim France, and manager is Gary Nelson.... I'm not a Nascar person, more road racing. Grew up outskirts of Orlando. Dayrona 60 miles one way, Sebring 90 miles the other way. Been to and follow the Daytona stock car events. Have met France family socially a long time ago.

The names involved with this project from the Nascar world are blowing me away. I'm not surprised as Big Bill made sportscars part of the show when he built DIS, and he courted Le Mans/ACO for ages. Had Nascar in 'his' 24 at DIS and the ACO's 24 in France in 1976. Invited the Inalteras, the first GTP in 1977 to his 24, and catered several times to European teams to have them contest the Daytona 24.

So, this Garage 56 project has some mighty racing history and personel behind it, at least for a now displaced Floridian.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 10:22 (Ref:4116801)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Drums are pounding Jimmie Johnson signals

Also, Action Express to be involved in the G56 Nascar effort? Did 'we' know that?

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...rage-56-drive/
Jimmie has had some experience of sportscars, so will probably do better at Le Mans than he has in Indycar
Old 24 Jun 2022, 12:32 (Ref:4116809)   #61
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Thanks, I hace been under a rock apparently. I thought Action Exp was an outgrowth from Flis? So, owned by Jim France, and manager is Gary Nelson.... I'm not a Nascar person, more road racing. Grew up outskirts of Orlando. Dayrona 60 miles one way, Sebring 90 miles the other way. Been to and follow the Daytona stock car events. Have met France family socially a long time ago.
So, this Garage 56 project has some mighty racing history and personel behind it, at least for a now displaced Floridian.
The Flis Bros, Troy merged Spirit of Daytona crew with the Flis Performance shop (brother Todd) to now be THE supplier of MX-5 Cup cars. I think they build the US based cars only but it was announced pre-pandemic so feels like a million years ago.

Action Express has grown from the little team (with France checkbook) and the "unauthorized" Cayenne engined DP to the front line GM DP/DPi/GTP team. But they are working the old adage, to make a small fortune in racing....
Old 24 Jun 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4116828)   #62
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Thanks! I know the Flis' from the days of the Mitsubishi Eclipse at Daytona 24.

I did know they were involved in 'prep,' but did not realize they were that heavily involved in the Mazda stuff.
Old 31 Aug 2022, 13:39 (Ref:4124386)   #63
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The car has been out testing at Road Atlanta recently:

https://twitter.com/nascarg56/status...81772100616194

No clue how fast it is going, but has there been a target laptime mentioned anywhere?
Old 31 Aug 2022, 14:20 (Ref:4124391)   #64
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Maybe that's the afternoon hot track activity left open on the schedule for Petit?
Old 1 Sep 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4124470)   #65
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
I think we know the identity of one of the drivers
Old 1 Sep 2022, 17:48 (Ref:4124489)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
How much different is this car to the regular NASCAR Cup Series Chevy?
Old 2 Sep 2022, 05:25 (Ref:4124526)   #67
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
How much different is this car to the regular NASCAR Cup Series Chevy?
Same question here? It has a 40 HP electric motor...do they use the same confugariton in Nascar?
Old 2 Sep 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4124557)   #68
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
They haven't said much specifically about the car yet but sounds like an entirely new motor package and then some form of the spec hybrid that's to be added to Cup at some later date. And of course new bodywork all around to actually allow lights
Old 2 Sep 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4124564)   #69
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Running the hybrid at Le Mans will be great for its development. I think that is one of the reasons for whole project (I can’t remember if they said this or I’ve just thought it was a good idea!)
Old 16 Nov 2022, 15:27 (Ref:4133949)   #70
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
DSC reporting that the car has been out testing again, this time at VIR and includes all the higher ups from Hendrick.

https://www.dailysportscar.com/2022/...ts-at-vir.html
Old 16 Nov 2022, 16:08 (Ref:4133955)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I assume Rockenfeller will be one of the drivers.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 16:16 (Ref:4133957)   #72
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I assume Rockenfeller will be one of the drivers.
I believe he is the only one confirmed, unless I missed something. He has done all the testing as well.
Old 16 Nov 2022, 16:32 (Ref:4133960)   #73
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Would be nice to have some former NASCAR stars in the car.
IIRC there's a NASCAR race in the Le Mans weekend so no current NASCAR ones.

Having no NASCAR regulars driving makes the project less interesting for me.
Old 29 Nov 2022, 06:06 (Ref:4135278)   #74
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jimmy Johnson seems like an obvious choice since he doesn't have many other racing commitments. All the regulars will be at Sonoma during LM.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 15:11 (Ref:4135989)   #75
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Is this just a promo, or will the car have Goodyear sponsorship?

https://twitter.com/nascarg56/status...LhnHyLc1w&s=19