Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Jun 2022, 21:10 (Ref:4113642)   #26
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
I mean a newer more accurate one as we move closer to the event
Warm and dry for qualifying. Same for Sunday.
Old 9 Jun 2022, 05:32 (Ref:4113665)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I mean a newer more accurate one as we move closer to the event
As said previously - there are plenty out there. Many people will have their own preference, and many forecasts will differ from others.

For the sake of having one to refer to in this thread, Saturday and Sunday forecasts below:
Attached Thumbnails
Saturday.PNG   Sunday.PNG  
Old 9 Jun 2022, 07:06 (Ref:4113674)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Look forward to this one. Oulton is always fun to watch. And with the weather likely to be sunny, the fans there will be able to enjoy it to the full. So everyone's a winner
Old 9 Jun 2022, 07:42 (Ref:4113678)   #29
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
. And with the weather likely to be sunny, the fans there will be able to enjoy it to the full. So everyone's a winner
As mentioned, there are many different forecasts. A lot of them suggest there will be showers though:

netweather.tv:
0.56mm rain during Qualy - showers during the race times

weather-forecast.com:
dry during Qualy - showers then light rain during race times

Accuweather:
showers during Qualy - showers during race times

BBC:
chance of rain during Qualy - low chance of rain during race times

Met Office:
showers during Qualy - overcast with chance of showers during later races
Old 9 Jun 2022, 07:46 (Ref:4113679)   #30
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Going into this weekend, 4 drivers have picked up points in every round so far this season.

3 of those have point-scoring runs going back further. With Sutton on a 27-run streak.

DriverPoints streak
Ashley Sutton 27
Daniel Lloyd 18
Josh Cook 15
Colin Turkington 9
Rory Butcher 8
Adam Morgan 4
Daniel Rowbottom 3
Ash Hand 3
Tom Chilton 3
Michael Crees 3
Tom Ingram 2
George Gamble 1
Bobby Thompson 1
Árón Taylor-Smith 1
Sam Osborne 1
Old 10 Jun 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4113915)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Makes me wonder who has the longest consecutive points scoring streak ever? Plato from Rd 30 in 2006 to R9 in 2008 is the most obvious I can remember
Old 11 Jun 2022, 12:10 (Ref:4114190)   #32
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BMWs seem to be struggling a bit in FP.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 13:23 (Ref:4114205)   #33
hen henths
Racer

hen henths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moffat 4th in FP2. Maybe some people were too quick to write off that Infiniti?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:23 (Ref:4114283)   #34
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Oh look tocas stupid idea of not using flags causes issues with people coming out of the pits not knowing where cars are.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4114291)   #35
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great looking top 3 for me! Hopefully Ingram gets his championship back in track.

I was expecting a Hill-Turkington 1-2, not 15th and 9th - Oulton no longer a RWD track?

Chilton finds a way to be more disappointing every weekend.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:33 (Ref:4114297)   #36
hen henths
Racer

That 5th might be Sutton's best qualifying position so far in the Focus.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:37 (Ref:4114304)   #37
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
Moffat 4th in FP2. Maybe some people were too quick to write off that Infiniti?

You were saying!
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:45 (Ref:4114314)   #38
hen henths
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
You were saying!
I know Lots of drivers improved in qually whereas Moffat seemed to go backwards. A pity as I'd like to see him at the sharp end again.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 15:48 (Ref:4114317)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

Moffat’s a bit of a mystery atm. The car ain’t great at the moment, but I’ve felt he could get something out of that car at this track. But it just didn’t work out, which is a shame, although maybe he could have gone higher, but for that problem at the end
Old 11 Jun 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4114351)   #40
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen henths View Post
I know Lots of drivers improved in qually whereas Moffat seemed to go backwards. A pity as I'd like to see him at the sharp end again.

I think that they are missing Sutton and his engineering crew. Moffat vastly improved in the Infinity last year after he acknowledged that Sutton had been mentoring him, but he appears to have lost the edge that he had after that assistance.

Not that it is going to happen, but it would be really interesting to see what Sutton could wring out of that car this year.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 17:00 (Ref:4114360)   #41
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Oh look tocas stupid idea of not using flags causes issues with people coming out of the pits not knowing where cars are.
2 penalty points for Chilton for his latest incident. No mention of the matter carried over from Thruxton that was to be looked at.

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Qualifying-No-3-Tom-Chilton.pdf

I understand flags and lights system in place at Oulton Park.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 17:15 (Ref:4114376)   #42
Evantra
Veteran

England
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...ah-Stanley.pdf

Drama in the Porsches too...

And 4 Ginetta GT4s disqualified for being under ride height, that's a lot?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 18:50 (Ref:4114472)   #43
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Has there been further penalties against RWD cars?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4114527)   #44
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...ah-Stanley.pdf

Drama in the Porsches too...

And 4 Ginetta GT4s disqualified for being under ride height, that's a lot?
So you get disqualified for offensive language these days? Seems the stewards have jumped on the snowflake bandwagon aswell
Old 11 Jun 2022, 20:36 (Ref:4114574)   #45
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So you get disqualified for offensive language these days? Seems the stewards have jumped on the snowflake bandwagon aswell
Did you read the penalty ? He also physically abused Theo. No call for it at this, or indeed any level of motorsport.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 20:54 (Ref:4114584)   #46
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
So you get disqualified for offensive language these days?
No - for physical and verbal abuse.
Are you really stating that abuse should be tolerated?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 21:46 (Ref:4114631)   #47
Evantra
Veteran

England
Nice to see Speedworks on better form.

Team HARD 4 out of the last 5 cars on the grid... Taylor-Smith is the one that surprises me, you'd never think he's a multiple race winner.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4114634)   #48
Evantra
Veteran

England
Speaking of offensive language... I'd love to have heard Hill's radio after the Chilton incident, looked rather animated!
Old 11 Jun 2022, 22:10 (Ref:4114656)   #49
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tingram or Cook for champion ?
Old 11 Jun 2022, 22:19 (Ref:4114666)   #50
hen henths
Racer

Quote:
Tingram or Cook for champion ?
Either would be a worthy champion. Ingram has come close so many times though that I think he deserves this year. That still doesn't mean he's likely to get it though! I think if Sutton keeps improving he'll scrape through to a fourth title this year.

Prediction-wise, I'll go for Cook 2nd and Ingram 3rd for the championship but of course it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if another driver jumps into one of those spots towards the end. In a BMW perhaps?