Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Mar 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1560300)   #1
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Parker ENZED NZV8 Championship

Manfeild (this weekend)
Tier 2 Results

Race 1
1. Colin Corkery Holden Commodore
2. Dayne Running Holden Commodore
3. Dave Stewart Holden Commodore
4. Michael Bristow Holden Commodore
5. Grant Crosby Holden Commodore
6. Alan McCarrison Ford Falcon XR8
7. Chris Adams Holden Commodore
8. Bruce Robb Ford Falcon
9. Boyd Norwood Holden Commodore

Fastest Lap: Corkery 1:17.031
Old 25 Mar 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1560306)   #2
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is mildly amusing that the other NZ V8 thread was closed.

Its now been closed twice by the same moderator in what was, in its previous guise, one of the most read and posted threads that this forum has ever seen.

For personal reasons, I have stayed well clear from the debate in the previous NZ V8 thread, but from what is heard it is hard to argue.

Neither of the TKR owners went to Taupo, but rest assured at least one is in Adelaide.

There seems to be an internal rot, but I cant go into that as I cant be sodded dealing with legal ramifications.

Nice to see though that this thread is referring to the series by its true and proper name, rather than some of the other crap that gets biffed around. Some Kiwis refer to the NZ V8 Series as Supercars, which is more than mildly amusing, mind you hardly inappropriate given the almost direct replicate of the platform, structure, and layout. Oh and despite the rather intense denials....!
Old 25 Mar 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1560315)   #3
r8hsv
Rookie

New Zealand
mighty waikato
r8hsv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should incorparate the Development series with atleast 1 S/I round and 1 N/I round of the Enzed V8's.....I know its probably not do able seeing as its run under a different series ..but what a great weekend of racing it would make!
Old 25 Mar 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1560498)   #4
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax
Manfeild (this weekend)
Tier 2 Results

Race 1
1. Colin Corkery Holden Commodore
2. Dayne Running Holden Commodore
3. Dave Stewart Holden Commodore
4. Michael Bristow Holden Commodore
5. Grant Crosby Holden Commodore
6. Alan McCarrison Ford Falcon XR8
7. Chris Adams Holden Commodore
8. Bruce Robb Ford Falcon
9. Boyd Norwood Holden Commodore

Fastest Lap: Corkery 1:17.031
Thanks for the update Promax.
Are you able to keep us updated on the results for the rest of the weekend?
And r8hsv...for what it's worth, I think your idea some merit.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1560514)   #5
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
i totally agree! if the development series were on the same card as the Tier 1 NZV8's you'd more than likely see their fields increase in numbers being part of a higher profile meetings.. it would make more sense running the t 2's at the same event than the porsche series.

but instead there will be a push for a local V8 ute series.. which will in turn kill Tier 2 series. a 70 grand ute is consider cheap by some.. yet you can buy a Tier 2 car for under 30 grand and or a Super Six for under 20 grand which can lap the Manfeild circuit in the same time a ute can. after looking having a look around at Manfeild yesterday i think we in NZ are shooting ourselves in the foot by having too many classes that are similar. the new Production Racing Series doesn't make sense when we already have SS2000. it was like TraNZam and OSCA all over again.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1560525)   #6
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
the manfeild site is pretty up to date with the results it's actually where i got the tier 2 results.. i could only remember the first 4 drivers lol

i may go back to the track later on today.. as i wouldn't mind having a closer look at gilbert's corvette and to see if bonney can get anywhere near the time the tvr set at the V8 ute international. though the monaro didn't look too healthy yesterday.. after bonney had truble getting off the line at the start of the handicap race.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1560533)   #7
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that we have too many similar classes but how do you regulate them

The teir one meetings are designed to cater for MSNZ Championship categories with Teir 2 for the next level and approved sanctioned series, after that you have club race meetings.

The issue is managing the number of classes that keep appearing at club race meetings, get a good following and then wish to move up to teir 2 where there is already a similar class.

I believe that some of the management could be had by event promoters who could agree (between themselves) to regularise the categories that they provide races for at teir 2 level. - but this will not happen because any promoter will take a class if they provide entry ($$$) numbers

I think that the NZV8 Development series has the potentional of becoming very good but it needs to remain at Teir 2 level where they will be the major drawcard and not simply become one of the tag-ons at Teir 1.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1560597)   #8
r8hsv
Rookie

New Zealand
mighty waikato
r8hsv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good points put out there by u all,can definately see the logic in them all and having the Development series as the major drawcard for meetings which is definatelty fine by me.Personally at the meetings i find a couple of classes a little bit i guess u could say boring as they dont jump out at me and sux me in to want to keep my butt in the seat and watch them,but that is my personal opinon,everyone has different tastes as to what they like enjoy and everyone has to be catered for ...They call it the development series and i feel it needs more exposure as i see bugger all of it anywhere so maybe push should be made for maybe better tv coverage and have it included in with the V8'S on Shell Helix or something like that "shrugs"
Anyways.....how bout the rough day yesterday for the kiwis in the Supercars,some bad bad luck but hopefully today will be a better day for all of them and bring them home strong..Big congrats i have to say to to Mr Scott to for 2 8th placings .Marvellous!!..Hopefully he can find his form for puke and drive on around those fords hahhahaa ~
Old 25 Mar 2006, 23:49 (Ref:1560660)   #9
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have caught a number of viewings of the development series races on both Sky and Prime.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 00:52 (Ref:1560691)   #10
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
r8hsv, your original idea of having tier two cars at one of the tier one meetings in each island is the way to go.
They don’t need to be at EVERY tier one meeting, as others have pointed out that they also need to be a draw card for own tier two meetings.
A bit of exposure in the main game would certainly do them no harm though.

Good to see we seem to be all agreeing that there are too many classes starting up in this country.
Nice idea…but we’re just too small, with not enough sponsorship dollars to go around.

BTW Promax, I’m not even going to bite over the Porsche series comment.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 01:01 (Ref:1560698)   #11
Tracie
Rookie

While we all agree that there are too many classes

Just how do we fix the situation
get the series heads in the room and try and reach some agreement on the way for the future - even if it means some classes will drop by the wayside and others need to have their technical regs modified to suit - and then get the circuit promoting clubs to agree not to promote 'outlawed' classes

just why on earth we have Commodore Cup and Super Six really shows me the type of problem that we have
Old 26 Mar 2006, 06:56 (Ref:1560867)   #12
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
commodore cup gives old tranzam light cars a class to race in.. and they're usually combined with the super six cars.. so it's not all bad. but i understand what you're getting at.

let's hope the different classes start working together otherwise we're going to end up with a dozen holden/ford, subaru/mitsubishi classes with only a handful of cars in each one.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1561095)   #13
Tracie
Rookie

My point is why are they called different things - I would like to see those 'similar' classes get together and agree on a name (and of course tech specs) that is used throughout NZ

This would create a better promotable series of classes - for instance this weekend at Manfeild - South Island Sports Saloons and North Island SS2000 combined for a north/south challenge - far better if it was the XYZ class
Old 26 Mar 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1561101)   #14
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
the commodore cup class came before super six.. and since fords run in super six i don't think the name commodore cup would suit the class

i understand what you mean though .. and agree.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1561190)   #15
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
AND........, we have the new Martin Collins run MIni Series somewhere on the horizon maybe next year. Personally, I could do without the Toyota series. Boring and processional after the first couple of laps which is a great pity. I dread the final 20 lapper. About as exciting as F1 was a few Seasons back, Others of course would disagree and so its a case of what you personally like. I could watch V8 Tier One and Tier Two all day, I love the GT3's and the Porsches and so I guess I must be a 'tintop' lad. There must be scope for racing different, low entrants numbers Codes of similar type at the same time, 'Handicap' style. Like the Bridgestone Series.

Cant WAIT for the 6 hour enduro at Pukekohe and that is due. mainly to the fact that there are different Classes racing together. Minxes. Jags, Ferarris and everything in between. There is just a FEAST of Passing and 'Racing' and it just proves that it is possible to have different Codes racing at the same time to swell the numbers and of course, provide some brilliant entertainment for the Speckies (except of course in the Auckland area where its a job to get folk off their Backsides to actually attend a local track) (Except of course, most that contribute to this forum). A five buck price tag last year for the 6 hour job caused a flood of about 1290 people to the track. Had that been Timaru there would have been a million waiting at the gate to squeeze in. Rain or Shine. Oh, GREAT week-end telly wise with the Shell Helix Prog on for two days. Might racing and some seemingly foolish moves by a few to spice things up. Wonder what the panel beating Account will be for the entire week-end. Roll on Pukekohe.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1561534)   #16
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZzzzz c
I could watch V8 Tier One and Tier Two all day, I love the GT3's and the Porsches.
I love ya Bazzzzzzz.
Expect to recieve your christmas card early this year
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1561617)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
It is mildly amusing that the other NZ V8 thread was closed.

Its now been closed twice by the same moderator in what was, in its previous guise, one of the most read and posted threads that this forum has ever seen.

For personal reasons, I have stayed well clear from the debate in the previous NZ V8 thread, but from what is heard it is hard to argue.

Neither of the TKR owners went to Taupo, but rest assured at least one is in Adelaide.

There seems to be an internal rot, but I cant go into that as I cant be sodded dealing with legal ramifications.

Nice to see though that this thread is referring to the series by its true and proper name, rather than some of the other crap that gets biffed around. Some Kiwis refer to the NZ V8 Series as Supercars, which is more than mildly amusing, mind you hardly inappropriate given the almost direct replicate of the platform, structure, and layout. Oh and despite the rather intense denials....!
Not mildly irritating at all. Frankly, extremely irritating to have to go that path again. Having read the whole tedious thread from front to back I can assure you that there are more moderators than one reading and hovering over the edit button. Any repeat of the slanderous and trolling nature of that thread will not be tolerated any more, and this post has only survived in order to highlight the kind of insinuations which will be looked at very carefully.
Old 26 Mar 2006, 21:55 (Ref:1561649)   #18
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I say ban them all, they speak with forked tongues...

For what it's worth I hope TKR are up front next season
Old 27 Mar 2006, 01:28 (Ref:1561807)   #19
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pssst 911.Thanks. Leave the dosh in the same place as last time eh???
Old 27 Mar 2006, 02:24 (Ref:1561841)   #20
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez a bloke goes away for a couple of days and the inmates all get restless.Onward with some factual discussions.
1/Evo, any news on TKR's NZ future? There is an approach by an Aussie co to purchase Mike Pero mortgages which I assume would leave uncertainty regarding future sponsorship direction.(understand you may not be able to post as negotiations could be ongoing)
2/What do we believe it is now costing to run a car for the season?
3/What happened to Madge?
4/Where to for no15. All sold up so what next?
5/Is Boothy in trouble? (Andy you might be able to help us with this one)
6/Why are the Aussie police so unkind to Kiwis with no pants on in the Rundle Mall?
I will return later with my genius idea ( actually plagiarised from an Aussie in Adelaide) on how to get the utes going in NZ.
You all be good now
Old 27 Mar 2006, 02:52 (Ref:1561861)   #21
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Question #4 Keener,
I get the feeling the No. 15 will be seen on the doors of one of the top running Fords next season.
Still can't find the answer to question 3 though.
Anyone else have any idea???
Would be very interested to know what the answer to #5 is too.
Come on Andy...help us out on this one.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:19 (Ref:1561882)   #22
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
A question for you Keener.
If the No. 15 is all sold up...who is it to???
Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:24 (Ref:1561890)   #23
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Quote:
I get the feeling the No. 15 will be seen on the doors of one of the top running Fords next season.
That will hurt a diehard Holden racer. Mind you neither manufacturer in NZ could give a hoot who does what to who locally.Which brings another question.Why not? Must be considerably cheaper than All Blacks or propping up Aussie teams although I spose you then have to go into the logistics of return on investment. You would have thought holden NZ could have done well by spruiking about being local champions and incorporated local talent in with Murphy for campaigns. Mind you the marketing guy is a former champion ball room dancer who I once overheard suggesting that the two sports (sic) were very similar when it came to competing. It was about then that I choked on my Waikato draft long neck and was rushed to Middlemore hence didn't hear the completion of the conversation. I was actually treated for shock as the OTR guys I was with managed to keep a straight face.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:28 (Ref:1561893)   #24
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
A question for you Keener.
If the No. 15 is all sold up...who is it to???

Dunno but I will try and find out.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 03:40 (Ref:1561897)   #25
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Keen, I have actually heard negotiations are well under way for the switch.
Looks like I'll be torn between wearing my old 24/7 shirt when Foggy wins the championship, and wearing my nice new No.15 shirt next season.
Closed Thread