Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Aug 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3992857)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux… Ta!
"J'vais le renvoyer tout droit à la maison mère, le gugusse de Montauban, au terminus des prétentieux! Moi quand on m'en fait trop, j'correctionne plus, j'dynamite, j'disperse et j'ventile." M. Audiard.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3992864)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Well, that was obvious, even I knew that but was looking dfor something far more tenuous...
My excuse too.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 11:39 (Ref:3992865)   #48
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Well, that was obvious, even I knew that but was looking dfor something far more tenuous...
Must be your devious mind at work again,Viv.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3992883)   #49
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So was I!!!!!!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3992886)   #50
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would never have sorted that one out as the Rover came out in 1949 and the one pictured did not have semaphore rafficators which makes it later than 1950!!!!!!!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3992889)   #51
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Would never have sorted that one out as the Rover came out in 1949 and the one pictured did not have semaphore rafficators which makes it later than 1950!!!!!!!
The Jupiter was launched in 1949, with the example pictured being from 1953 I think?

[Don't want to sound harsh, but I think pedantry is rife at the moment]
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:34 (Ref:3992895)   #52
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You are all clutching at straws, all of the cars pictured, are 'officially 70 this year.

Of course if you find these simple puzzles too hard I can always dumb them down to your level.
'
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:36 (Ref:3992898)   #53
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You are all clutching at straws, all of the cars pictured, are 'officially 70 this year.

Of course if you find these simple puzzles too hard I can always dumb them down to your level.
'
Actually, I don't think you could go low enough to get to my level!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3992903)   #54
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Actually, I don't think you could go low enough to get to my level!
Can you identify this car a short four word answer will suffice, and for an extra point can you name the driver. Duh!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3992911)   #55
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally.....a question I can answer, but will just check it with Gerard the other half of the Stupido club!

Although trying to out pedant the pedants, is it not a four letter answer rather than a four word answer?!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Aug 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3992923)   #56
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Can you identify this car a short four word answer will suffice, and for an extra point can you name the driver. Duh!
'A car that races'.

I'm going to name the driver Michael.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 15:47 (Ref:3992938)   #57
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Finally.....a question I can answer, but will just check it with Gerard the other half of the Stupido club!

Although trying to out pedant the pedants, is it not a four letter answer rather than a four word answer?!
I do not want to over tax anyone's brain Will!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 15:48 (Ref:3992940)   #58
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
'A car that races'.

I'm going to name the driver Michael.
She will be upset!
Old 4 Aug 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3992960)   #59
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
She will be upset!
We have a Princess Michael.....
Old 4 Aug 2020, 17:17 (Ref:3992965)   #60
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A tough one baub because both 'Austin' and 'Morris' have more than 4 letters. As for naming the driver it is also a bit of a challenge at the crash helmet (which does appear to be plain white anyway) is also very obscured by the top of the drivers seat, so I can't see any distinguishing marks to give me a clue there either.
Nope, once more I think you have me stumped