Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Oct 2000, 16:49 (Ref:45595)   #1
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are there any Victorians that use this site or am I the only one? Is anyone going down to Phillip Island Magic in late November? I remember when I used to be an official at all of those, now I am a pit crew and next year I am a competitor. Funny how things change really. So if you are, what are the reasons for venturing down? To watch, to compete, to crew, to officiate, to make a public spectacle of yourself? Or to go down for the usual Saturday night ****-up at the Isle of Wight Hotel. My goodness I have made a fool of myself there. One night I had my cap stolen and got auctioned off to the highest bidder, because my team happened to be my Dad's and he is the National Clerk of Course at the F1 GP in Melbourne. So of course it becomes a bit of an icon to have stolen a team hat off my dad.

Also who is going to Bathurst, I have been invited by Tim Schenkens twin daughters. but unfortunately I am going to be in QLD playing golf on their phenomenal courses. but Island magic is when I get back. So if you plan on coming down I'll have a beer with you at the Isle.

Check ya later

Cameron Duncan
Old 30 Oct 2000, 15:41 (Ref:45897)   #2
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Looks like I am the only Victorian to use this site. Is there any other people from the southern states, such as South Australia or Tasmania that use this site?
Old 30 Oct 2000, 16:05 (Ref:45903)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well Vandas..i was born in Melbourne but now reside just north of the border but i do still work in victoria..my only real racing ground is Winton but I did make it to the Calder park V8 round this year ..never been to the Island but hope to one day and I have been to tassie as a young lad.
anyway if ya head to Winton in 2001 we will have to hook up for a beer or two
Old 30 Oct 2000, 16:32 (Ref:45909)   #4
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I was there testing last friday. It is a ***** of a place to get to though. Especially seeing as petrol costs so much these days, and I have to partially fund test days myself. However all things going well you should see me down there next year.
Old 31 Oct 2000, 10:11 (Ref:46038)   #5
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to Bathurst, but I'm from NSW.
Old 5 Nov 2000, 16:02 (Ref:46844)   #6
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Well Island magic is going to be a huge weekend. It is unofficial, yet a realistic possibility that we will be getting a Friday practice session before the Island Magic weekend. this adds up to a lot of alcohol being drunk on the Friday night and some very hung over pit crew for qualifying. Anyway if anyone is heading down for it, I think it is the weekend after Bathurst or maybe two weekends, not sure. If you do come down, look out for the Blue Forty Winks RX7 (you won't miss it, always stands out) Car number 40 of course. And come and say hello.