Old 11 Jul 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2925012)   #51
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
I agree on that. and he only finished as low as he did because his team forgot to put enough petrol in.
Staying on track might have helped his result, as well.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2925017)   #52
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando. Fast, solid, intelligent.
Mention for Paul Di Resta.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 13:19 (Ref:2925069)   #53
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went for Alonso. Yes, the Ferrari's improved relative to the McLaren, and you can see they're doing well because Massa's stepped up a gear, but Alonso was six tenths ahead in qually and ultimately a clear winner ahead of those much better Red Bulls.

Honourable mentions for Di Resta who had a blinding weekend and Hamilton who got all he could out of that car; the battle with Massa was a bit scrappy from what I've seen so far (haven't watched the race since I got back, but saw the end on a big screen TV and a replay), but I think that one was one 'for the fans'! As he said in his interview in the post-GP party, "there was no way I was letting Felipe past!".
Old 11 Jul 2011, 14:01 (Ref:2925080)   #54
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry I wasn't there btw, Born Racer.

Thanks very much for the invitation to meet up, though!

Unfortunately I got a little letdown from a potential seller of tickets AKA a ticket seller... (?!)

Selby
Old 11 Jul 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2925159)   #55
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I suppose I should give it to Alonso but I'll give it to Hammy for sticking with it .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 11 Jul 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2925172)   #56
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I gave it to Fred Allen in the Ferrari, who was at his supreme best. And no, it's not just 'cause he's British.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2925195)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Alonso.
Old 11 Jul 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2925310)   #58
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Go with Alonso. He was slower than Hamilton at the beginning of the race, but then was strangely faster towards the end of it. Go figure.
No, he was slower than Hamilton for a couple of laps quite a way into the race. Due to Hamilton/Macca getting the tyres (one set) up to temp quicker.

Was unsure who to pick - Hamilton for giving us on the banks something to cheer for, racing his socks off and getting the absolute most out his car and self, or Alonso, for roughly similar reasons (even I apprechiated a charging drive and win from AnyonebutRedBullferachange if it had to come from Alonso).

Went for Hamilton, for reasons of his performance giving me my money's worth, but other than China its the first time this year I have chosen him. Clearly Alonso was very strong, but it was a good performance from Hamilton too.
Old 12 Jul 2011, 22:19 (Ref:2925804)   #59
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DOTR: Alonso.

Honourable Mentions:
Button - the move on Massa was mega.
Hamilton - great move on Vettel (?????) at Copse, fighting drive all the way, spoilt by a stupid fumble at the end.
Rosberg - quietly moved up the field.
Vettel - just because he further increased his points lead.

Retard of the Day:
No not the Mclaren lollipop man. I'm afraid it has to go to Bashibashi for keeping on going when his pit release was obviously all wrong. That could have wiped out to entire Williams pit crew.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2925836)   #60
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Teflonso. Finally gave the victory to Ferrari this year.
Old 13 Jul 2011, 02:34 (Ref:2925838)   #61
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Teflonso for mine with an honorable mention to TGF.

Gotta grab the chances when they present themselves and Fernando was on it all race - damn fine job.
That for me too.

Though Vettel to be honest did nothing wrong!

Alonso was in a class of his own.

Honourable mention, not, to the FIA for assistance rendered. (That just sucks!)

Last edited by wnut; 13 Jul 2011 at 02:49.
Old 14 Jul 2011, 20:32 (Ref:2926778)   #62
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perez deserves another mention. A pity he's got no votes considering he's in his first season and put it seventh, not that I voted for him. I gave Alonso an overdue vote on this occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Teflonso cheats his way to yet another thoroughly deserved DOTR.

Special mentions for Hamilton, Schumacher, Perez and Ricciardo
Daniel finished a long way off Liuzzi (Karthikeyan-esque), but perhaps that was to be expected. He appeared to have a strong start to the race at least. At least he's getting more seat time now.
Old 17 Jul 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2927851)   #63
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Perez deserves another mention. A pity he's got no votes considering he's in his first season and put it seventh, not that I voted for him. I gave Alonso an overdue vote on this occasion.
Ditto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Daniel finished a long way off Liuzzi (Karthikeyan-esque), but perhaps that was to be expected. He appeared to have a strong start to the race at least. At least he's getting more seat time now.
Someone who was there said he was clearly not trying to be a hero, but had finishing the race as his priority. If that's right, it takes quite a lot of self-confidence to look at the big picture.